Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

GB lose Dominant Status

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> GB lose Dominant Status Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
GB lose Dominant Status - 10/3/2003 6:48:47 AM   
Black Hat

Has anyone seen GB lose Dominant Status? I've seen France get gang raped about every third game and lose DS. But the slimy limeys always seem to wiggle off the hook or quit the game.
Post #: 1
- 10/3/2003 7:58:47 AM   
DodgyDave

it does not happen often, but i have once done it myself as france, managed to land 4 corps after evading some british fleets and forced him to surrender or he could fase a civil disorder instead and fase a broken england, after this, did we ally :)

(in reply to Black Hat)
Post #: 2
RE: - 3/2/2004 8:22:27 PM   
mrgodo

I've seen it happen too. As Spain!
Ganged up on the Brit to reduce his navy and he surrendered to everyone except me. He neglected to garrison Gibraltar and his navy was no match for mine once my former allies way laid him. I landed in Ireland and then duked it out with his army in Scotland. It wasn't pretty, but the guy was INSANE and refused to surrender.

Andrew Godó
Superavisti palum ignum.
Adiaris, sed nemo sustinet machinam!

(in reply to DodgyDave)
Post #: 3
RE: RE: - 3/2/2004 11:45:50 PM   
Hoche

quote:

ORIGINAL: mrgodo

... the guy was INSANE and refused to surrender.

That is basically the kind of GB player it takes to drive GB out of its dominant status. Any average player can see the writting on wall and surrender before losing any home nation provinces.

It is a general popular error to suppose the loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for its welfare.
-Edmund Burke

(in reply to mrgodo)
Post #: 4
RE: RE: - 3/3/2004 6:17:22 AM   
Pippin

quote:

But the slimy limeys always seem to wiggle off the hook or quit the game.

I am curious as to what keeps causing them to quit in your games?

Nelson stood on deck and observed as the last of the Spanish fleets sank below the waves…

(in reply to Hoche)
Post #: 5
RE: RE: - 3/5/2004 12:18:21 AM   
Black Hat

hubris and greed. The UK player thinks he can rule w/o friends. Then he keeps all his $$$$. About the second turn the paranoia kicks in as his navy sinks and/or gets blockaded and his little high moral army trys to fight off the corps his navy couldn't stop from landing.

About turn 3 he is scrambling to get some peace. Then London falls, we try to figure the treatment of neutral allied armies. The UK player learns how much fun it is to fight out of a blockade. Then the civil disorder rules get mashed about. For some reason the UK players NEVER read these sections???

The concept of England stands alone (I mean just the England provance), with less navy then the turks and ONLY 3.5 moral, is what ussually sends them screaming to the exits.

(in reply to Pippin)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> GB lose Dominant Status Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI