Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Another observation about SPWAW

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Another observation about SPWAW Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Another observation about SPWAW - 9/17/2001 12:28:00 AM   
xafemo

Hello to all,
SPWAW is, without a doubt, the best wargame for turns that I have played, and the introduction of dynamic marksmanship ranges for the infantry weapons in the version 6.1 are an entire success; but I also find that the form in that it works it now makes more aleatory and imprevisible the game: you can kill 1 or 2 men or to liquidate a squad of an only shot under the same conditions. I believe that the margin is too wide and it should decrease if it is possible.
Do you say the same thing that me?
Thank you in advance.

"Without a theory the facts are silent"-F.A. Hayek.
Post #: 1
- 9/17/2001 5:54:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

The infantry toughness preference can be used to adjust the lethality more to your liking [ September 16, 2001: Message edited by: Paul Vebber ]

(in reply to xafemo)
Post #: 2
- 9/18/2001 1:50:00 AM   
xafemo

Thank you Paul for your suggestion. And you are right, I can reduce the LETHAL aspect; but I believe that the aleatory band that governs this aspect will continue being too wide.
Anyway, my comment was related with my desire from a more perfect great wargame to my way of seeing, but maybe the other fans don't think equally about this matter.
A very cordial greeting.

"Without a theory the facts are silent"-F.A. Hayek.

(in reply to xafemo)
Post #: 3
- 9/19/2001 3:04:00 AM   
AbsntMndedProf

I recall reading that a turn in SP:WaW is from three to five minutes long. A well trained infantry unit can fire off quite a few rounds in that ammount of time. Perhaps this would explain some of the results, especially at close ranges. Just an idea. Eric Maietta

(in reply to xafemo)
Post #: 4
- 9/19/2001 11:16:00 PM   
IKerensky

I too have problem sometimes with casualties, like when my Vickers Polish manned MG wip an entire 11men italian squad in one burst 1 klik away... Then there is this tiny voice belling in my head : " Casualties are not all dead and wounded..." Always remember that casualtie are not a lethality evalutation in SP time and play scale. It i just the amount of men that wont be combat ready for the lenght of the scenario, or more longer for the real dead. Than mean guys killed, wounded, neutralized, totaly panicked,deserting, staying away from combat to help friend wounded, going mad and so on... That the reason why I didn't yell "BUG" anymor when my sniper kill 3 men in a squad. He isn't using Dallas manufactured bullet, he just killed the leader and that choked 2 guys aways from battle too. I remember it was a common sniper tactic: kill leader or if not in sight wound someone else, a wounded soldier mean at last 2 soldier out from squad combat duty.

(in reply to xafemo)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Another observation about SPWAW Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI