Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Brave Men at Betio

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Brave Men at Betio Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Brave Men at Betio - 5/23/2000 8:37:00 PM   
Adak

I am having a problem with this scenario. I am playing as the Japanese and everything is fine to turn 8. After I completed the turn, I of course click the "end turn button". Now the computer started its turn, and the first thing it did was that it attacked one of my bunkers with indirect fire from a mortar. The mortar fired twice and then the final action report screen was shown. Well, I know that the scenario is 20 turns long not 8. Also, there is another bug in the scenario. If you click one of the Japanese caves then right-click on one of the American units, the mouth of the cave points in that direction. I don't mind that one at all, though! [This message has been edited by Adak (edited 05-23-2000).]

Post #: 1
- 5/24/2000 4:51:00 AM   
Wild Bill

I'll have to see that mobile cave!(G). What hex was it in, Adak. THe computer is set so that when it calculates that the losing side has no chance at all anymore, it will end the battle. Did you have all victory hexes occupied. How were you doing when it ended? What was your final score? I've not seen it do this, but I'm off to try it right now. Thanks for the report Adak! Wild Bill ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Adak)
Post #: 2
- 5/24/2000 8:12:00 AM   
Adak

Thanks for your response Wild Bill! All three of the Japanese caves can do this. I still had all the victory hexes occupied, but the computer forces were right next to one, though. The computer still had about half of its infantry, most of its landing craft, and all of its tanks left. Final Score: U.S.M.C.- 805 (Marginal Defeat) Japan - 6197 (Marginal Victory) Adak

(in reply to Adak)
Post #: 3
- 5/24/2000 1:52:00 PM   
Wild Bill

So you were playing the Japanese? I'll take a look at all of them. That would indeed be a graphics bug, I am sure. I'll let you know what I find. THanks for mentioning it, Adak...WB ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Adak)
Post #: 4
- 5/25/2000 12:50:00 AM   
Desert Fox

Hey Wild Bill, I think that cave bug probably is similar to an immobilized vehicle bug that I have seen. Say your Stug gets immobilized. Well, you can still turn and shoot at anyone you want if you select the Stug then left click on the unit you want to shoot at. The Stug will turn to face that unit, then you just fire as normal. Works for tank hulls too, but you don't have to turn to shoot them because of the turret. Luckily, I have not seen that sort of thing work for bunkers or forts.

(in reply to Adak)
Post #: 5
- 5/25/2000 2:51:00 AM   
Wild Bill

That could be a graphics bug or a programming bug, DF. I think it might be the former. I'll check with Mike Wood on this one. I have not seen that one either. I have seen the Lee/Grant tank using the main gun incorrectly and that one is under study too. THanks for mentioning that one...Wild Bill ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Adak)
Post #: 6
- 5/25/2000 7:40:00 AM   
Voriax

Also the 3 bunkers around the japanese A0 unit and the command bunker are German bunkers. With German weapons and crew Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to Adak)
Post #: 7
- 5/25/2000 9:20:00 AM   
Winston Smith

I've had some questions about this scenario, too. (Maybe I just don't understand the amphibious equipment well enough.) Are the passengers and crew of the alligators supposed to abandon their vehicals when they take some fire? I mean, they often seem to leap out when they are still a hundred yards or more from the beach, only to get really shot up in the water! I can understand wanting to get out of something that was drawing fire, but this behavior seems odd. Sometimes I can rally the troops and get them to re-board, but if the crew took any casualties then I'm out of luck. Also, a couple of times I've had one of the LST's take a hit and disappear - sunk instantly with all hands? It's a great game, though. Just when I thought I was going to stop obsessing about SP3....

(in reply to Adak)
Post #: 8
- 5/25/2000 4:07:00 PM   
Voriax

I just played this scenario as japanese and had the same problem as Adak, game ends immediately after 8th turn. My end situation was similar as Adak's. Wild Bill, I have this scenario saved at the end of the 8th turn, if you are interested looking at it. Voriax

(in reply to Adak)
Post #: 9
- 5/25/2000 4:14:00 PM   
Voriax

quote:

Originally posted by Winston Smith: Are the passengers and crew of the alligators supposed to abandon their vehicals when they take some fire?
I'd say this is normal behaviour for all units carrying passengers, not just amphibs. I admit it must be irritating Crew won't usually abandon until the vehicle has received some damage. This feature in general might need some adjustment, it is a good way to fire at trucks and like from long range because if the passengers jump out then it'll take them longer to reach you..good delay tactic.
quote:

Also, a couple of times I've had one of the LST's take a hit and disappear - sunk instantly with all hands?
Yep, this is what happens. Perhaps they could code it so that when a vessel sinks it leaves floating rubbish and a liferaft? Voriax

(in reply to Adak)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Brave Men at Betio Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI