Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Para simulation analysis

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Para simulation analysis Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Para simulation analysis - 3/8/2004 10:06:49 AM   
Gavris Narcis

Here are a short analysis of good/bad points for para/cargo actions in SPWAW and SPWW2 after many experiments:

SPWAW:

-good simulation of OP firings (on multiple planes approaching, the AA unit have more and more few OP firings);
-bad hit percentage of AA unit (no matter directions, speed of planes, range, etc, it's same);
-bad action if plane is going down (must to take into account that in some situations the paras can jump before the plane crash);
-bad landing zone ''acquired'' (the drop zone too often in contradiction with supression, weather, experience);
-bad simulation of ''after landing'' and mid air of units (the AA units never engage paras when reach ground or in mid air);

SPWW2:

-good simulation of mid air action and ''after landing'' (real shootings against units in air and imediatly after reaching ground which was accurate);
-good simulation of suppression gained by para from AA and mid air firings (units landed with high suppression automatically retreat or rout);
-good (not enough) landing zone ''acquired'' (the percentage of missing the zone of drop is influenced by weather, suppresion, experience,etc) -good action if plane is going down;
-bad simulation of OP firings (on multiple planes approaching, the AA unit have too many OP firings);
-bad (not much) bad hit percentage of AA unit (no matter directions, speed of planes, range, etc, it's same).

So, if somebody want to make real changes for next versions, here it is.

Leo.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Para simulation analysis Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI