Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Map conversions?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Map conversions? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Map conversions? - 5/24/2000 2:43:00 AM   
vonRonstadt

Thank you for the latest version of SP. It continues a long tradition of quality products from your group. In the migration from version to version, I have grown attached to the sceanrios that came with the original SP1 as well as the ones on the 2 campaign disks. I have managed to move from SP1 to SP2WW2 to SPWW2 while maintaining my attachments to these scenarios. With this latest version, however, I have run into a snag when it comes to migration. I have always depended on the portability of the maps from SP1 to the more recent versions using the save as feature in the editor. Curently when I save as, I can load the map into SPWAW's editor but when I go to edit it to place victory hexes etc. I get dumped out of the program. Is there any way around this? I have just finished the Nowy Targ sceanrio and the map was a real trial, is there anyway to get SPWAW to edit these saved map files? Thanks for your help.

vonRonstadt "Make peace, you fools! What else can you do?"
Post #: 1
- 5/24/2000 4:22:00 AM   
Wild Bill

VonRondstat! Welcome Fred Chlanda, wizard of SP, could probably make for us a converter of sorts for the maps. That may happen. There are so many new terrain features that it may prove a little difficult. I have the personal goal of eventually converting all of my older scenarios from SP1 (Novastar), the work I did for SSI on the SP3 and SP3 expansion disk, plus the many I did in SPWW2 to this new format. Since there are probably well over 600 of them, it will take awhile. I'm just taking it one at a time. THey all seem to do better here, and with new tools (reinforcements, gliders, commandoes, etc), it is really making them new again. Wild Bill - aka The Kunel ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games [This message has been edited by Wild Bill (edited 05-23-2000).]

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to vonRonstadt)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Map conversions? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI