Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A New Scenario by WILD BILL WILDER at The ARMOR SIte!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> A New Scenario by WILD BILL WILDER at The ARMOR SIte! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A New Scenario by WILD BILL WILDER at The ARMOR SIte! - 9/30/2001 4:27:00 AM   
Fabio Prado

That's it, Boys and Girls!
A really fast and furious one by the MASTER DESIGNER himself on the Tigers of 13.schwere Panzer Kompanie/SS-Panzer Regiment I/LSSAH and Michael Wittmann facing the great counteroffensive of over fifty T-70s and T-34s of the 181st Tank Brigade, during Operation "Zitadelle"!
Who could ask for more?

To get this jewel, go to the
Wild Bill Wilder's Scenarios page! It is in The ARMOR Site, of course! Where else?
Thank you, WB, for this great, great scenario! Kind regards to all and thank you for your support! Fab

Post #: 1
- 9/30/2001 5:40:00 AM   
Rune Iversen

Again!! How does he do it I got a feeling that Supermans secret identity isn´t Clark Kent, but a well known senior citizen scenario and campaign designer More tigers, just because: They are Greeeaaat Well done indeed!! "Climbs into turret, puts on throat mike and headphones" "DRIVER ADVANCE"

Ignoring the wulfir
Fighting the EUnuchs from within

(in reply to Fabio Prado)
Post #: 2
- 9/30/2001 5:46:00 AM   
Charles2222

Hey Fabio! Do you undestand German? I ask that because I believe your website used to have a diagram from a Tiger manual in German. It was showing the range of the Tiger or KT, with a drawing of a woman inbetween the fire. I recall there was a shot that I believe to be 3000yds (or meters) in length, which showed what appeared to be an arc of 30-45 degrees on hitting the target (but it was very tiny to read so I couldn't make it out). I'm wondering if you have that manual and if it mentioned if the arcs drawn were in fact the arcs necessary for those rounds to strike at those distances with direct fire. Think you can help with this? Thanks. [ September 29, 2001: Message edited by: Charles_22 ]

Post #: 3
- 9/30/2001 6:12:00 AM   
Fabio Prado

quote:

Originally posted by Charles_22:
Hey Fabio! Do you undestand German? I ask that because I believe your website used to have a diagram from a Tiger manual in German. It was showing the range of the Tiger or KT, with a drawing of a woman inbetween the fire. I recall there was a shot that I believe to be 3000yds (or meters) in length, which showed what appeared to be an arc of 30-45 degrees on hitting the target (but it was very tiny to read so I couldn't make it out). I'm wondering if you have that manual and if it mentioned if the arcs drawn were in fact the arcs necessary for those rounds to strike at those distances with direct fire. Think you can help with this? Thanks. [ September 29, 2001: Message edited by: Charles_22 ]
Hi, Charles! Please send me a private e-mail so I can send you what I have on this subject. Thanks, Fab

Post #: 4
- 9/30/2001 6:18:00 AM   
Fabio Prado

Charles, Please send me a private e-mail so I can send you some material on this matter.
My e-mail is: [email]fprado@fprado.com[/email] Thanks, Fab

Post #: 5
- 9/30/2001 8:05:00 AM   
Charles2222

Fabio: It's sent.

Post #: 6
- 9/30/2001 4:26:00 PM   
Gen.Urquhart

Just played it:COOL!!!!!!It's probably one of the best feeling of life putting your tiger on a hill and wait untill the damned t-34 comes out of the wood....and then ....when u can use your long range 88mm cannon....mmmmmm.....just fantastic.
Anyway:great scenario WB!!!!Please:stey with us!!!!

Post #: 7
- 9/30/2001 9:27:00 PM   
Wild Bill

I'm still with you guys, General! You are too fine a group of gamers for me to absent myself from this fine forum! Vejgaard, when I get the support and encouragement like yours, it becomes a great motivation to try to make the next one even better. Nice first reports, gentlemen! I appreciate it very much. The scenario is dedicated to Fabio Prado. He sponsors and maintain his fine Armor Site. It is one of the finest sites you'll find on Wargaming and especially SPWAW. And the other gentlemen who also back up the game with their websites, quite a number of them. I hope you visit them all. The story of Wittman is a combat fairy tale, really. I remember well reading in Meyer's Panzer Commander, about Michael's last meeting with the controversial general, their rapport, his boyish charm, and his total coolness in combat. He is a study in itself, along with other famous tank commanders, such as Der Panzergraf. I wanted the battle to highlight not only the man but the machine and its impact on the war. From your reports, it does just that. I'm glad. If you guys love tank battles (and most of you do), I think this one is worth the download. It has some replay value and could be (if played well)an interesting PBEM or online battle. Wild Bill [ September 30, 2001: Message edited by: Wild Bill ]

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

Post #: 8
- 10/1/2001 5:47:00 AM   
x6ftundx_slith

Great scenario but I really hate I didn't get a major victory. The score was 38ish-7000ish and I only lost stug killing everything on thier side. Boo Hoo what do you have to do to get a major victory? I wish there was something in the game that if the enemy side looses everything that you win instead of getting a marginal victory. I killed everything around the 11th turn and had to play the rest of the turns by hitting turn done. It also seemed to me that my Tigers were getting lots of bounces. Is that right? Other than that a really kewl scenario. I would play it again. Command Solo

Post #: 9
- 10/1/2001 5:49:00 AM   
x6ftundx_slith

Oh I forgot to add. Your very evil wild bill I was already to kill tanks with my hummel and wespa until I found out they were dead (which took me 2 turns) Commando Solo <----- should have looked at his setup before starting

Post #: 10
- 10/1/2001 1:17:00 PM   
Wild Bill

To the esteemed commander and the rest of you great gamers. DON'T take to heart the report of the scenario about victory. I NEVER do. Why? Because a man knows when his victory is major. If you kicked the enemy's butt off the battlefield, then you did okay. Take into account, however, the condition of your forces at the end of this fight. Remember, a tank loss for the Germans was almos irreplaceable...experienced tank crews, even worse. Victory can be determined by so many factors. Did you control the battlefield. Did you kill enough of the enemy? Were your losses serious? Losing 3,000 points is quite a bit, and of course Tigers are expensive. But look at it out of your own eyes, and not those of a computer with some rounded out numbers. If you did it, you did it. Did you ever do a great job at work on a project and get a "grunt" or a pat on the head for it, or even worse, a nod of the head? But you know you did great work...and you take comfort and pride in it. Then do the same with these scenarios. If you know you won, then you won...big time! Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

Post #: 11
- 10/1/2001 1:19:00 PM   
skukko

http://www.rickjoshua.co.uk/wittmann/ostf4142.html

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

Post #: 12
- 10/2/2001 12:24:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Great stuff, Mosh! Thanks...WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

Post #: 13
- 10/6/2001 10:44:00 AM   
Fabio Prado

Bump!

Post #: 14
- 10/6/2001 10:59:00 PM   
m10bob

Played it,liked it..While i did not feel it was a cakewalk,i did manage to finish something like 44,000 to 7000....(major victory)..Had absolutely no expectation of the soveits getting reinforcements,(which i believe they were since i did not notice them sooner.. This scenario just became my favorite...

Post #: 15
- 10/7/2001 2:49:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Thanks Bob. We'll try to do more. On that theme, has anyone tried from the Russian side. I think that would be much easier, probably too easy. Poor old AI, no Michael Wittmann for sure!

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> A New Scenario by WILD BILL WILDER at The ARMOR SIte! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI