Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

VOTE FOR MATRIX GAMES!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> VOTE FOR MATRIX GAMES!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
VOTE FOR MATRIX GAMES!!! - 3/19/2004 7:23:17 AM   
ravinhood

http://www.wargamer.com/thegamersnet/

Seems there's a little competition going on over at the wargamers site. My gawd HOI is winning, we can't let this happen, think of the publicity, think of the scandal, think of the gloating going on over at the PARADOX forums. ;) Go cast your vote for MATRIX GAMES ;)
Post #: 1
RE: VOTE FOR MATRIX GAMES!!! - 3/19/2004 3:04:49 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Think of all those Paradox fans spending their feverished efforts to claim a meaningless victory in a monthly poll that no one gives a darn for actually.

No one is going to magically reverse everything that has been said for the sake of a monthly poll that can be mangled worse than Bush's election hehe.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 2
RE: VOTE FOR MATRIX GAMES!!! - 3/19/2004 3:38:37 PM   
harlekwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Les_the_Sarge_9_1

No one is going to magically reverse everything that has been said for the sake of a monthly poll that can be mangled worse than Bush's election hehe.

It is TOTALLY different when *you* work in a barb at political ideology or beliefs isn't it eh?

That "does not count" or is "understandable" eh?

regards,
sven

p.s. Hey lester I was thinking are clowns really a seperate species like gorillas in funny hats?

$ociali$m-from those who will to those who won't.....

(in reply to Les_the_Sarge_9_1)
Post #: 3
RE: VOTE FOR MATRIX GAMES!!! - 3/19/2004 4:08:47 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Wasn't ideology actually, that was just me laughing at the US's inability to make a simple function just that, a simple function.

Here in Canada, voting is a simple process, which means we don't end up wondering who actually got elected.

Last time I voted, there was a selection of choices on a simple ballot that required an X made with a large pencil beside one of names belonging to the parties running.

The word chad never entered into it. Any unable to get that process right, would likely be unable to put on their shoes correctly :)

No personally, I think the next US presidential election should be quite fun to watch. I just hope they don't screw up a good drama with a bungled electoral process.

Which brings me back to the Wargamer monthly poll.
If I really cared about the poll, I would just get all my friends I know to vote for my choice each month regardless if they even knew what the choice even was for or about.
I have more than enough friends that would not have trouble with a simple request.

But it would still not really prove anything.

The poll was unfortunately a nice idea, that has fallen to the same processes that all unmonitored unregistered unscientific biased polls fall to. Its just a pissing contest. I would rather reference a reviewer opinion by a non wargamer in a non wargaming magazine actually. He would at least be accountable to his opinion publicly.

I might not mind the poll if we knew who was voting and for what game.

(in reply to harlekwin)
Post #: 4
RE: VOTE FOR MATRIX GAMES!!! - 3/19/2004 4:17:14 PM   
harlekwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Wasn't ideology actually, that was just me laughing at the US's inability to make a simple function just that, a simple function.

Here in Canada, voting is a simple process, which means we don't end up wondering who actually got elected.

Last time I voted, there was a selection of choices on a simple ballot that required an X made with a large pencil beside one of names belonging to the parties running.

The word chad never entered into it. Any unable to get that process right, would likely be unable to put on their shoes correctly :)

No personally, I think the next US presidential election should be quite fun to watch. I just hope they don't screw up a good drama with a bungled electoral process.

Which brings me back to the Wargamer monthly poll.
If I really cared about the poll, I would just get all my friends I know to vote for my choice each month regardless if they even knew what the choice even was for or about.
I have more than enough friends that would not have trouble with a simple request.

But it would still not really prove anything.

The poll was unfortunately a nice idea, that has fallen to the same processes that all unmonitored unregistered unscientific biased polls fall to. Its just a pissing contest. I would rather reference a reviewer opinion by a non wargamer in a non wargaming magazine actually. He would at least be accountable to his opinion publicly.

I might not mind the poll if we knew who was voting and for what game.

You voted for Cretin or his replacement directly then?

The point is NOT about an analysis of our disparate systems it is about YOUR temper tantrums on the sort of thing YOU do all the time eh?

$ociali$m-from those who will to those who won't.....

(in reply to Les_the_Sarge_9_1)
Post #: 5
RE: VOTE FOR MATRIX GAMES!!! - 3/19/2004 7:54:56 PM   
NefariousKoel

I'd do something about it but my old login isn't working.

I'm averse to bothering Shaun with it and I'm too busy/lazy (choose) to make a new one.... I'll get to it. Those bastids aren't gonna stand if they're votin for HOI!

(in reply to harlekwin)
Post #: 6
RE: VOTE FOR MATRIX GAMES!!! - 3/19/2004 10:58:41 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

quote:

The point is NOT about an analysis of our disparate systems it is about YOUR temper tantrums on the sort of thing YOU do all the time eh?

I am having enough fun at Wargamer with senseless morons, so you will have to settle for a brief get stuffed :)

You are not worth the time.

(in reply to NefariousKoel)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> VOTE FOR MATRIX GAMES!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI