Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Manual Problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> The War Room >> Manual Problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Manual Problem - 3/24/2004 6:22:06 AM   
kvandoc

I am a newbie and my manual will not allow itself to be accessed for some reason. So, I think it would be really valuable to read that FIRST before I just started asking alot of newbie questions.

I generally understand all of the gameplay, but I have issues with supply and maintainence of planes. In addition, I don't fully understand the whole barge concept or what its benefit is. Also, I have problems loading supplies, fuel, and troops at times. The game tends to not load them. Also, sometimes I have a ground target that I select for Betty bombers and they won't attack. There are alot of issues, but hopefully the manual will help.

Does anyone know where I could get a copy online? I did ok with the Japanese. Sunk the Hornet and 3 other battleships pretty quickly, but then supply became an issue. Gili Gili was taken and troops added to the seige forces at PM (I hate mines!!). The American fleet was out of air cover, my subs had formed and screen behind the remaining surface fleet--everything was good. I really slaughtered the American fleet. I met no resistance for about 7-10 days. Rested and refueled my CV Task force. All was well, but then the Enterprise and another American CV kicked the crap out of me and sunk one of my CVs. At that point, I quit and have yet to resume. Where did all that American support come from??

I know where Allied reenforments arrive at and got my CV task force within range, but didn't meet resistance. Where did the new task force come from? Oh well...enough from me. Thanks for reading.

Musicman
Post #: 1
RE: Manual Problem - 3/24/2004 7:46:03 AM   
DoomedMantis

If you manage to get your supply issues in order you have manged to control the game to a fair amount.

Barges are useful in shipping supplies to those isolated bases at the edge of your defensive area

Never leave CV's in the combat zone on low CAP

When loading, what are your issues, I control all my TF's and leave none up to the AI, is this what you are doing. To load supplies set the destination of the TF, set load supplies and there shouldnt be any problems.

If you have any specific questions people here are good at answering. Also use the search feature to find answers to most questions (they have been asked before). Also Spookies site has some good info on it (sorry dont have the link)

I shall make it a felony to drink small beer.

- Shakespeare

(in reply to kvandoc)
Post #: 2
RE: Manual Problem - 3/24/2004 7:47:50 AM   
DoomedMantis

Also if you check your ship availabilty screen under intell, you will see your ship allocation, the Allies have a similar one, so this is probably where his CV's came from. To make sure you dont get surprised, make sure your have plenty on Naval search

I shall make it a felony to drink small beer.

- Shakespeare

(in reply to DoomedMantis)
Post #: 3
RE: Manual Problem - 3/24/2004 8:04:18 AM   
bradfordkay

kvandoc, are you in the US?

When you first start up UV (do this while connected to the internet in this case), you will notice a menu choice "Kinko's Doc Store" (at least in the later versions - this menu choice is on the "Play Uncommon Valor" screen). This will connect you to a webpage where you can order a printed copy of the manual through Kinkos. You can have it set up so that you can pick it up at your local Kinkos. I do not know, but rather doubt, that this works outside the US/Canada, but maybe someone else can tell us.

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to kvandoc)
Post #: 4
RE: Manual Problem - 3/24/2004 8:08:34 AM   
CMDRMCTOAST

Make sure you installed Adobe acrobat reader.

The essence of military genius is to bring under
consideration all of the tendencies of the mind
and soul in combination towards the business of
war..... Karl von Clausewitz

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 5
RE: Manual Problem - 3/24/2004 9:00:10 AM   
kvandoc

I have Adobe Acrobat Reader. I might consider the Kinkos idea, Thanks!

CMDRMCTOAST, have you read Clausewitz's chapter on Military Genius? If not, I highly suggest because it is a good read. Clausewitz was one of the first people to write about modern warfare concepts.

(in reply to kvandoc)
Post #: 6
RE: Manual Problem - 3/24/2004 11:42:31 PM   
CMDRMCTOAST

No but I am reading:
"A GENIUS FOR WAR"
The German army and general staff, 1807 - 1945

Turning out to be a great read about the Germans ability to lead armies.
In between all the pacific war info...

The essence of military genius is to bring under
consideration all of the tendencies of the mind
and soul in combination towards the business of
war..... Karl von Clausewitz

(in reply to kvandoc)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> The War Room >> Manual Problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI