Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

War in Russia-Type Western Front Game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> War in Russia-Type Western Front Game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
War in Russia-Type Western Front Game - 10/16/2000 4:19:00 AM   
mjmooney

Hey all! I seem to recall (in the musty attic that is my memory) that War In Russia was an evolution of a Western Front Game (Corps as shells containing combat units-that sort of thing)--Is it? and if there is, any plans for updating and releasing it? (MJMooney tries to ignore the moaning that must accompany cheesy requests like this for another free game)By the way I thought I was the only dyed in the whool Pacwar fan out there-I want to thank you guys for Updating it and I will be one on a very long list waiting for War in the Pacific. Thanks again for taking up the torch of good old fashiond war games. Im sick of companies going the real time build it and throw a bunch at the red player route. [This message has been edited by mjmooney (edited October 15, 2000).]

I HATE LONG LANCE TORPEDOES!
Post #: 1
- 10/16/2000 3:04:00 PM   
Ed Cogburn

quote:

Originally posted by mjmooney: Hey all! I seem to recall (in the musty attic that is my memory) that War In Russia was an evolution of a Western Front Game (Corps as shells containing combat units-that sort of thing)--Is it? and if there is, any plans for updating and releasing it? (MJMooney tries to ignore the moaning that must accompany cheesy requests like this for another free game)By the way I thought I was the only dyed in the whool Pacwar fan out there-I want to thank you guys for Updating it and I will be one on a very long list waiting for War in the Pacific. Thanks again for taking up the torch of good old fashiond war games. Im sick of companies going the real time build it and throw a bunch at the red player route.
Ok, first I don't represent Matrix..... The game you're talking about is, I believe, "West Front". Matrix has never mentioned any more work on free games, and they haven't mentioned "West Front" specifically, but I've noticed, and would someone else confirm this please, that in my browser, the "tooltips" message when the mouse pointer is over the Matrix Games URL, says "War in the West: From the Beaches to Berlin, 1943-1945", so at least they are thinking about a western front game of WWII, but Matrix probably can't afford any more free games, its time for us to pay up, so they can make even more games.

(in reply to mjmooney)
Post #: 2
- 10/16/2000 10:55:00 PM   
Windo von Paene

Yes I've seen that "tooltip" as well, although I've seen it in the titlebar of my browser. Usually it's only there for a few seconds, then it gets replaced. Thought I was going nuts in that no one else had ever mentioned it.

(in reply to mjmooney)
Post #: 3
- 10/17/2000 10:20:00 AM   
Ed Cogburn

quote:

Originally posted by Windo von Paene: Yes I've seen that "tooltip" as well, although I've seen it in the titlebar of my browser. Usually it's only there for a few seconds, then it gets replaced. Thought I was going nuts in that no one else had ever mentioned it.
Same here, I haven't heard one word, from anyone at all, about a West Front game. Maybe its a deliberate tease from Matrix, kinda like the names of those private message forums. Come on Matrix, is a West Front WWII strategy game planned or do you just like toying with your future customers? Enough is enough, spill the beans!

(in reply to mjmooney)
Post #: 4
- 10/17/2000 2:46:00 PM   
varjager

I would like yo se a remake of western front. I am willing to pay for these games.Cause the first western front was to easy to win as the western allies.

(in reply to mjmooney)
Post #: 5
- 10/18/2000 3:54:00 AM   
VictorH

Correct me if I am wrong. I believe David Heath said he had the rights to SSI's old game - Western Front. Maybe there is a conversion in the works? [This message has been edited by VictorH (edited October 17, 2000).]

(in reply to mjmooney)
Post #: 6
- 10/20/2000 3:40:00 AM   
Guardsman

I played West Front extensively years ago and there were a number of really hillarious bugs in there. One involving an airrborne raid on an Itallian city causing the entire Italian front to collapse! I agree that it was easy to win as the Allies but it was even easier to win as the Germans. I played several games to 1946 and the Allies never even broke out of the Normandy beach head. Definately a weak AI and a good candidate for the Matrix treatment.

(in reply to mjmooney)
Post #: 7
- 10/21/2000 8:48:00 AM   
mogami

Hi I think "War in Russia" came first. I was upset with western front for several reasons 1. Could not change air craft type manualy (once had 2000 ME-262's I could not use and really small fighter groups) 2. as Guardsman said AI was weak (no problem wiping out Italy and keeping allies on Normandy beachhead whole game [if not just wiped out]) But to be fair I played this game many times anyway and was not so bad against a human 3. Certain allied units never get reinforcements (free french) It is an excellent canidate for matrix rework if they ever get time. ------------------ I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a differant direction!

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to mjmooney)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> War in Russia-Type Western Front Game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI