Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Borisov. A mean Scene by M4 Jess

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Borisov. A mean Scene by M4 Jess Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Borisov. A mean Scene by M4 Jess - 2/9/2004 7:44:50 PM   
Buzzard45

Let's try again

I'm having trouble posting. Sorry for the hiccup. I wrote a great message and then ran into a message that said that it was rejected by MY firewall?? I don't understand what's happening but I'll try to delete the other post. I tried once but was not allowed.

Is this why there are no new posts in this thread?

< Message edited by Buzzard45 -- 2/9/2004 11:52:43 AM >

" Look alive!! Here comes a Buzzard"
POGO
Post #: 1
I found this - 2/10/2004 3:14:08 AM   
Buzzard45

A former post by the Idaho Man hisself:

OK, the game starts.... with a whimper.

Last night I opened the files when I got home from my hunter education class (1 permanent bonus point added for the big game draws) and HOLY CHIT!!:eek: This is a big battle!

So, I poke around a little getting the lay of the land, thinking about strategy, looking at available units and such, then I close 'er down for the night to sleep on it.:sleep:

I'll get to it this weekend when I've got enough time to concentrate. Too much is at risk to act rashly. Who knows what humiliating avatar the evil Buzzard will come up with if I lose?

Basically, there are 50 turns. I have alot of 250 pt end of battle VHs, but not enough to make up for the bunches of 10pt per turn VHs that Buzz has. So, as commanded, I am going to expand this bridgehead or die trying. :mad:

The very large town of Borisov in the NW is mine. I must move out into rough and hilly terrain to capture hilltops and road intersections, IIRC. The map is very, very large and it's a long way to go to capture all the VHs. The SW is covered with swamp/marshy terrain, IIRC.

These new, prototype "Tigers," as OKW calls them, will come in handy against those cursed T-34s we've been fighting against for the last 12 months.

Well we both know that there are no Yaks and No Tigers in 1941. But there are T34's Muhahaha

The Game so far:

RB is killing me. lots and lots of red writing on my roster. But then again when you add up the total points for SO troops in 1941 it gives change back from a dollar. Okay so change from a Ten spot

He owns the hills and many of the points per turn hexes that were on them. I still have my mountain and lots and lots of reinforcements to come. If I last that long. Its turn 7 and The Duncan Potatoe has his AUX units on the way. I have to wait three more turns.

His assault so far has been flawless. Arty and infantry and mostly infantry. He is so cautious with his armor that I see it only once every second turn. BUT Ha Ha . I got a PZII in OP fire. and a PZIV in my turn. Its the first armor losses. It doesn't make up for my three companies of line troops but its a start. He spotted a KV2 this past turn and I think it and the loss of the PZII to AT fire has put a fear into him.

Colonel Dikmeov will return!

POGO

(in reply to Buzzard45)
Post #: 2
RE: I found this - 2/11/2004 7:58:58 PM   
rbrunsman

Well after turn 8 I've pretty much expanded the bridgehead out of Borisov to the hilltops that surrounded the city. The problem now is that there is open terrain facing me and ALOT of ground to still cover. It's very difficult to advance with hundreds of likely AT and MG positions out there. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet... but it will probably involve as much smoke as I can toss.

There were only two main areas of action this last turn

The first was that the reverse slope of the far northern hillside was crawling with infantry and backed by FHs that didn't seem to have any compunctions about taking potshots at my armor. I spotted another KV-2 way to the east about a mile away and so I shot at them just to let them know I'm coming for them.

Down in the far south side of the city it's really heating up as there was at least one of those huge T-28Es and three Gaz-AAA trucks. That hurt to lose my PzIVe but I made up for it by taking out a couple infantry squads, 2 of the Gaz's and immobilizing the T-28E. Towards the end of that skirmish, I spotted a small SU (one of those Russian TDs) backing up the tank and Gaz's but it didn't hurt me (this turn).

Reinforcements are pooring into the city to help expand this push. What will the Russians do to stop me?

< Message edited by rbrunsman -- 2/16/2004 3:42:49 PM >

Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom

(in reply to Buzzard45)
Post #: 3
RE: I found this - 2/11/2004 8:16:32 PM   
rbrunsman

Hey, Buzzard. Quick question: Do your squads with AT-rifles have HE ammo? They are shooting at my infantry with their AT-rifles. None of my AT-rifles can shoot at infantry units. I'm not saying it's unfair, I actually don't care, but I'm wondering if this is an OOB error/oversite for your guys or my guys or if it was on purpose. I know that in H2H, all AT-rifles were issued HE rounds so they could shoot at infantry units.

Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 4
I did get HE for the AT Rifle. - 2/14/2004 12:42:38 AM   
Buzzard45

My Colonel?

YDa Sgt? Out with it, now. I am busy. (to phone)NYET CAPTAIN. YOU MUST HOLD. NO EXCUSES....Huh huh.. THEN FIX BAYOTS AND CATCH THEM IN THE WOODS>.....Da Da you can retreat to the woods. BUT HOLD ! ! Hangs up ....... Sgt?

Colonel, Sir. Word from Major Demetri, sir He is two miles out and pushing hard. There have been a number of break-downs, sir

Good news Good News. I could use some good news. Hawk! Spit! What Break-downs?

He is pushing hard, sir. Tracks have broken, motors over-heated, and some trucks stuck in mud from last nights rains. He expects Them to recover and catch up but is at 85% strenghth.

WHAT? .... (thinking) .... .....What? .... .... It can't be helped. Huh Huh. Hawk! Hmmm. Huh.

Get me a Wodka, Sgt. And send for that useles..... The Political Officer. What is his name? Yablowski, Jablonski.

Comrade Jacoblowski, sir.

Huh Huh Hmmm. Him? yes Him.

Comrade Colonel? You sent for me?

Da. Jakoblonski.

Its Jacoblowski, Sir.

Da Da ... Comrade, I need to draw on some locals for support. Find me some people. Those who can't carry a gun can carry a grenade or a satchel charge. My men are dying out there. All are needed to defend Mother Russia. There are the mothers of the school boys who are dying. Ask them only! do not force them. Ask them and they will come. Force them and they will only die.

I will Colonel. There is a Village not far. Consider it done. All must do their duty in the politariate.

I said ASK ONLY, Comrade.

I heard you, Colonel

I wait now for the Reinforcements to arrive while my squads perish in the fields and hills.

Duncan I is a formidable opponent. But I am The Buzzard and the Buzzards are always the last to leave the field.

POGO

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 5
German Turn 8 - 2/17/2004 12:58:41 AM   
rbrunsman

In the North, the German barbarians flood over the top of the hills and crush what little Russian infantry resistance there was (one shot from a Flamwagon and THREE squads meet their maker. ). Then they continue their onslaught and overrun 3 Field Howitzers supported by 12.7mm AAMGs that were covering the Russian side of the hillside. Now it is smooth, open fields all the way to the edge of the map. There are at least 2 KV-2s out there at about 1 mile range. How to fold this flank in open ground is the problem now.

Just south of there is the huge cemetary and church that has really slowed me down. I've got hidden 50mm mortar crews to the east of the church that are giving me trouble. I think all infantry squads have been eliminated. There are just AT guns and MGs on the hillside to the east. The two big AAA guns that were covering the flanks of the church have been eliminated and now the objective is the ridgeline to the east of the church.

Farther south, things are slowing down as I receive long range AT gun fire that I can't quite spot although I think I know where it's coming from. There is an east-west running hill that "seems" to be mine, but I can't be sure until I've searched for (and stumbled upon) all hidden enemy units.

This leads us to my southern flank where those big T-28E tanks are trying to ambush me. Luckily for me, they don't see too well and I have been getting the first assaults in before they blast my squads. I killed the immobilzed T-28E and immobilized another one. This leaves one more T-28E that I hadn't seen before. But lucky for me, it was routed when I got to it. (Must remember to thanks those arty boys for the great support they've been giving me.) I also got one SU with an AT-rifle; leaving one more to deal with. But after what seemed like dozens of shots, I couldn't even hit the remaining GAZ-AAA truck that was routed and sitting in the open at ~400 yards.

Oh, and long range scouting has revealed Cossacks racing towards the front in at least two places.

All is as good as can be expected so far. OKW reports radio traffic by the Russians indicating large Russian reinforcements coming my way. I can only say, "Bring it on!!"

< Message edited by rbrunsman -- 2/16/2004 4:00:41 PM >

(in reply to Buzzard45)
Post #: 6
Soviet Turn 9 - 2/17/2004 4:48:31 PM   
Buzzard45

This sitting with a static defense is for the bir..... for the Pigs and Goats.

I'll be happy when I can get some mobility. And some good old Russian Hoards to with.

I've lost most of 3 Companies to at least 2 to 1 odds. And a good commander doing the attacking. Its only a thousand points But its hard to open a turn and be able to do nothing but take pot shots. You can't run. You can't hide. You can't even .

I'll be much happier when my extra 2000 points arrive and I can send some of those back to their maker.

I'm not too disappointed with where the line is right now. I expected much worse. I still remember the adage. " He who defends everywhere -defends nowhere" I've been everywhere and nowhere. Soon I'll be somewhere.

Come on!! Formerly Duncan. You have about three more turns before I can hit back. There are 40 turns left after this one. Save some of that ammo. Or spend it all and then run away.

I saw a Stuka this time. He made a run on my Northern tanks. I'm not sure of the results but he dropped a lot of bombs. When my Yaks arrive I can do some of that as well.

POGO

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 7
RE: Soviet Turn 9 - 2/18/2004 1:03:21 AM   
rbrunsman

I stepped in it this time. Most places I just reorganized the troops.

However, in the FORMERLY peaceful middle of the map, I ran into a buzz-saw (or was that a Buzzard). I spotted two 76mm ATGs but I couldn't get to them because they were out in the open flats of the map dug into some rough terrain and surrounded by a couple heavy 12.7mm MGs each. Ouch! That hurt trying to figure that out. And, still I never spotted those damn MGs. (I'd rather go after a dug-in infantry squad than an MG.) Also, lurking in the woods behind those ATGs and MGs were three more T-28Es and supporting infantry. This area is about to heat up!

That Stuka run was a good one. He was right on target but those KV-2s are a tough nut to crack. One hit, but only a "clunk" sound, so I'll have to wait and see if I did any damage at all.

(in reply to Buzzard45)
Post #: 8
Sorry that its taking so long - 2/20/2004 8:05:51 PM   
Buzzard45

Apologies for the delay.

It kinda looks like this.

I'm working through it.

POGO

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 9
Its a long way to Tiperary - 2/23/2004 11:39:52 PM   
Buzzard45

The Russians hoards have arrived. Well a couple of companies worth anyway.

Now to get them to move towards the stepping off point. I have four possible zones of advance. Do I hit them all or just one?

I discovered a HT with Engineers where I didn't expect them to be. I got the HT and most of the engineers. What were they doing there? I don't use engineers for scouts unless..... I'll have to think about that. I soon discovered another HT far from where I expected. Lawyer Bob is flanking me. I have to discourage that. and killed the crew that was riding the HT. I wonder why no rifle squads?? Could it be that they are all routed? Nah... That must be the reorganization that is going on.

AHA. Now i know where to send....

There are great hoards of SO units coming. With KV-2 at 50 points there can be no doubt that there are a lot of units coming. Conscripts by the dozen. Replacement ATGs and arty and just a ton of stuff.

Dig in Duncan. Its going to be a hairy ride.......... When you find out where I am coming from.

POGO

(in reply to Buzzard45)
Post #: 10
RE: Its a long way to Tiperary - 2/24/2004 5:57:55 PM   
rbrunsman

Damn Cossaks! They appear everywhere and foil my careful plans.

They are far down south, they are in the middle and, WOW, did I bust a big covey of them hiding behind some woods to the east of the cemetery! For their troubles I pounded them with tons of arty. I bet they are in "disarray" now.

That MG/ATG park also got some arty attention of the rocket kind. The problem is that there are so many of them that I can't get close enough to do any real damage.

Now, to dig in and await the onslaught. 50 pts for a KV-2!! This may get ugly as a Buzzard quickly.

(in reply to Buzzard45)
Post #: 11
Cossack Rally quickly. - 2/24/2004 6:46:23 PM   
Buzzard45

Ugly as a Buzzard???? I thought that was Cute as a Buzzard... no wait a minute that's cute as a button. Pretty as a buzzard Smart as a buzz... handsome as a vulture. hmmmm??

Well the Cossacks do fight. They took on a Kattenrad and had him laying bricks Big time before one of them managed to hit the dang thing. . Its the first AUX unit that I have seen. I'm sure that there is more.

I saw another Stuka at the end of the turn. Hit my poor ponies. They almost dummped the wagon. That gun team won't be rescuing any mortar units soon. More smoke!! Good my guys are only good at short range. Send lots more. I'm just about out.

Other than the arty the centre is rather quiet. The south is too except for that "used to be" engineer squad.

Dig in deep, D. Idaho. Pretend you are a potato 'cause its gonna get hot. Real soon. You ain't never seen so many 12.7mms Come on through the smoke and taste a bit.

I'm waiting

POGO

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 12
RE: Cossack Rally quickly. - 2/25/2004 6:47:08 PM   
rbrunsman

No sign of the Buzzard tidal wave yet.

I managed to take out the two 107mm mortars that covey of Cossacks was protecting. Not much else going on up north.

Buzzard seems to be pulling back a little in anticipation of those reinforcements.

As the turn ends, a hailstorm of 120mm mortars decides to pound the smoke plumes where my arty may, or may not, be located.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention, Buzzman had an entrenched 45mm ATG at a road junction with its gun turned off (apparently). I think he was hoping to get to a turn where there was an AFV target rich environment. But, I spotted him first and wiped him out. Very sneaky Buzzard!

Or, was that that gun that malfunctioned several turn ago, so he was reduced to scouting duty.

< Message edited by rbrunsman -- 2/25/2004 9:56:52 AM >

(in reply to Buzzard45)
Post #: 13
A rolling Buzzard gathers no moss - 3/1/2004 6:22:02 PM   
Buzzard45

Yow !! and Yikes !! That hurt. Not only did I not rescue the mortar units, I lost a couple of very important units in the trying. That Stuka did more damage than I thought.

Form up boys lets have at 'er. Okay Okay just form up then. Come on back you you cowards. Dang it guys, the plane is gone now.
Listen, Listen ! I heard on the radio that the Colonel has zero'd in on their arty parks. You hear those rounds landing in the city? That is them. Give 'em hell boys.

Look LOOK. There is that first Stuka coming in for a run to south. I hope those guys duck. What the.....?? no bombs. Yah , THEY ARE OUT OF BOMBS. To the rally point guys lets catch up to the tanks.

Rollin Rollin Rollin Keep them doggies moving, Buz-zard
Head 'em up Move 'em out Move 'em out Head 'em up
Ride 'em in BUZZARD
(ooops wrong game)

POGO

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 14
RE: A rolling Buzzard gathers no moss - 3/2/2004 6:13:43 AM   
rbrunsman

Not much to report.

I'm pressing through the smoke screen Buzz is throwing up. As I encounter ATGs and MGs, I am eliminating them.

One GD 12.7mm HMG must have op fired at me 12 times! That one unit has caused me the greatest losses so far. He's dead now! And, the T-28E he was protecting is now immobilized. haha

Elsewhere (up north), I took out a couple more Cossacks and a Gun Team.

Those arty REMFs are complaining about a little counter-battery fire, but I've told them they better start shooting where I tell them or it's off to the front they go!

Still no sign of Russian reinforcements arriving, but the quiet that is happening is making me think Buzzard is massing an attack somewhere. I can't worry about that until it happens, so it's forward boys! We have objectives to take.

(in reply to Buzzard45)
Post #: 15
A rolling Buzzard gathers no moss - 3/3/2004 6:42:38 AM   
Buzzard45

Rollin Rollin Rollin.

I keep on rollin but its long way to go.

I just gotta take my time. These heavies don't move fast at all.

Well, I gave a little back this time but it could be a mistake because he has some armor that I haven't seem too much of. They could be sitting and waiting for the chance to pounce on my poor Cossack squads. The Cossacks claimed a SDK222 and an Engineers squad. I got a crew and a Rifles squad too but its nothing to brag about. I rescued a couple of guns too. Now that they are mobile we'll have a little fun with them.

This static defense stuff is for the French and their Mazenod Line (sp?) Its about as effective. Give me wheels. I'll go go:

Rollon Rollin Rollin

Good news is that my pounding of the arty park is paying off . I don't know what the casualties are from but there are some and they are mounting.

POGO

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 16
RE: A rolling Buzzard gathers no moss - 3/7/2004 3:54:39 AM   
rbrunsman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Buzzard45

Well, I gave a little back this time but it could be a mistake because he has some armor that I haven't seem too much of. They could be sitting and waiting for the chance to pounce on my poor Cossack squads.

They were indeed.

Unfortunately for me, those little buggers wouldn't hold still long enough for me to do all the damage I wanted to. I was really proud of the Sdk222. He was assaulted and attacked numerous times and was taking out 4 or 5 Cossacks at a time while he was op firing.

The action is focused down south. Everywhere else the Buzzard is in hiding. Or, at least, smart enough not to attack me yet since he hasn't gotten his AUX units involved.

I did spy one AUX unit; a BA-10, that was immobilized. Gotta hate it when your reinforcements breakdown on you while racing to the front. hehehe

We're now playing cat and mouse. I await the tidalwave of 2000 reinforcement points.

(in reply to Buzzard45)
Post #: 17
RE: A rolling Buzzard gathers no moss - 3/7/2004 6:29:00 AM   
Buzzard45

quote:

ORIGINAL: rbrunsman

I did spy one AUX unit; a BA-10, that was immobilized. Gotta hate it when your reinforcements breakdown on you while racing to the front. hehehe

You forgot to mention that the IM'd unit got two kills with his OP fire. Nice shootin" and Its only a flat tire..He'll have it fixed in a few minutes. All elites those units They carry a lot of shots. Your 38T's will have to watch their step. The 45mm can put a hole in them. The KV-1s on the otherhand cannot be hurt by a T38 . Bring on your J models so I know where they are.

I really hit back this time I got a truck and a Kubelwagon. Yeehaw

A few of the speedier boys are making it to the front but they have not had much impact. I'm having doubts that I bought the right units. I could be in a world of hurt. They sure don't move fast. Except the T34's, they move well but I hafta keep watch on them.

Excuse me while scoot my arty units. I kept a couple on target just to keep you honest.

POGO

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 18
RE: A rolling Buzzard gathers no moss - 3/7/2004 6:40:15 AM   
rbrunsman

Your T-34s are no match for my Tigers.

(in reply to Buzzard45)
Post #: 19
RE: A rolling Buzzard gathers no moss - 3/7/2004 6:42:07 AM   
rbrunsman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Buzzard45

You forgot to mention that the IM'd unit got two kills with his OP fire. Nice shootin" and Its only a flat tire..He'll have it fixed in a few minutes.

Man did that piss me off! There was no reason for those soft vehicles to be sticking their noses out of the smoke either. I had a slight lapse in reasoning there.

(in reply to Buzzard45)
Post #: 20
RE: A rolling Buzzard gathers no moss - 3/7/2004 7:03:26 AM   
Buzzard45

quote:

ORIGINAL: rbrunsman

Your T-34s are no match for my Tigers.

Well my T34's are real. Your Tigers . I looked for them when I bought my AUX units. There are none. Best you can do is the 50mm on a PzIII chassis. The AUX 38T that I saw cost about the same or little more than my KV-2 s. Is that right? T-34's are only 63 points on my side of the board Muhahaha

POGO

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 21
RE: A rolling Buzzard gathers no moss - 3/7/2004 8:58:15 AM   
rbrunsman

You have as much chance of having T-34s as I do of having Tigers.

The Buzzard is sneaky. I whammied him and he whammied me. My PzIVs jumped his Cavalry but he had 8 more squads of cavalry and a few infantry squads backing those that I jumped.

Up North, I'm starting to see some heavies rolling in: 2 KV-1s and 2 KV-2s. Yikes!!

So far the only AUX units I've seen have been kind of funny looking. Amphib. Tanks with MGs only and those BA-10s.

I think the tidalwave is about to crash on me.

(in reply to Buzzard45)
Post #: 22
Rollin Rollin Rollin - 3/7/2004 5:33:57 PM   
Buzzard45

Whew !! Did you ever whammie me in south. Run away runaway. I was only kidding about the tanks.

I needed something to stop your infantry. My poor Cadet Squads just couldn't do it. There are few of them left but not many. I should have taken the "RUN AWAY" advice from the "How to get the best out of Soviet Troops" thread. Don't Rally just runaway.

I "clunked" a 38T this turn but he just buttoned up. The infantry with him should be running.

No real damage. No vehicles lost on either side. It is an arty duel. Shoot and scoot shoot and scoot. Its getting to be a habit. Those rockets should be reloaded soon too. They scare the crap outta me.

There are some SiGs out there too. They are not nice either but I guess you feel the same about the KV-2s

Keep coming Lawyer Bob. You are almost where I want you.

POGO

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 23
RE: Rollin Rollin Rollin - 3/8/2004 2:42:26 AM   
rbrunsman

This turn was pretty slow until the end of turn arty! Mostly I just repositioned my units. However, when the arty started falling, it turned into the 4th of July! Those ammo dumps really give a show when they go off.

I'd rather have luck on my side than veteran units. Sometimes that is.

(in reply to Buzzard45)
Post #: 24
Ratser Fracking #$@%*&^% Dag-nabbit - 3/14/2004 6:15:55 AM   
Buzzard45

Lucky shot Or Stupid me

Either way its hurtin'. Ammo was not something that I had a lot of. Between units that won't rally and acurate arty. I can't seen to get a break. I sent a T28E out to suppress a 38T (little Czech tank) and then followed on with 6 BA10 ACs with their 45mm cannons at a range of less that 10. Think I could hit it.

Not a sausage of a chance. I then relied on arty sending in smoke to hide my ACs from counter fire. Of course arty missed and I lost two BA10s plus the one that was lost to OP fire in first place. Dam# sausage eaters. Too much Potato whisky.

And to top that off, I had arty concentrated to clear some woods in the same area and that's when the rockets fell on my arty park. sooo... no arty comes in to rout the units that was going after. Ready Germans and scared lipless Russians. Nuff said.

The south advance was stopped with a few extra AUX SDK222s. They come for clean up and my ground pounders are pounded into the ground. My Calvary are no match for them.

The Good news is that a T26 light tank was less than astute in his choice of hiding and was subjected to numerous PzIV and Sdk251/10 (75L24 guns) fire and was so drunk he didn't even hear the rounds coming in. He had suppression zero when I opened the turn. The section leader had to bang on the hatch to get him to move. So what do I do then. Why I find a mine with my scouting track. That's it POP SMOKE we're staying here.

The North is being methodically picked apart by the very capable Dune Messiah, Duncan Idaho aka Rb. I may have his scouts in my back field already. I have a wounded KV2 with only some scouts as support. A Rad came up and took out the other ground pounders. My KV-1s should stop running by the turn after next. Maybe they can help??

I mighta picked the wrong reinforcements I could be in real trouble real soon. I still have a couple of surprises but nothing he can't handle. I'm going to have to get lucky awlful quick.

POGO

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 25
RE: Ratser Fracking #$@%*&^% Dag-nabbit - 3/15/2004 11:42:24 PM   
rbrunsman

I now know that some of those "surprises" go by the name of KV-2 and T-26 OT (Soviet Flametanks) supported by more of those buzzzing BA-10 ACs and silly tractors mounting a single MG. It looks like the Buzzman went for quantity rather than quality if true Russian fashion. Talk about target rich environment! Now, if I can just find a can opener big enough for those KVs...

Anyway, back to the beginning of this turn: My well-placed minefield causes the Russians to bunch up behind the hex that nailed one of the tractors. So, I decided to do a little recon of my own to see what's hiding back there. This is the farthest west north-south road on the map, running along the edge of the great marshy area that covers the whole west side of the map except for the city of Borisov that sits in the northeast corner of the map (lest you forget, Borisov is HUGE itself as cities go). Anyway, I found a bunch of armor on that road: 4 KV-2s, ~6 tractors, 3 T-26 OTs, with cossacks and recon in support. My little Skdfz-222s are really doing a good job for me. I jump in, take a shot or two and pop a flametank without so much as a scratch in return. hehehe

Elsewhere, along the northeast corner of the map, I'm trying to take out that last KV-2 that has its back to the edge of the map and can only move 2 hexes at a time. So, I'll know where he is always, and I can run circle around him. The question is, how many losses will I take before I take him down?

Also in the northeast, as I scout down the east edge of the map, I spy with my little eye, 2 more KV-2s trundling up the eastern-most road from the south. I can only assume that there are a coupe more of those big bastards just around the corner. They appear to be trying to link up with 2 KV-1 monsters, a handful of Cossack, an IG with gun team and a few squads of infantry that are trying to hold the northern flank of the Russians.

What we have going now is a wheeling of the lines. I pretty much have the north of the map and Buzzard has a huge counter attack forming in the south. So, we've gone from an east to west battle to a north to south battle.

Who will turn the other's flank first?

Stay tuned...

< Message edited by rbrunsman -- 3/15/2004 2:43:54 PM >

(in reply to Buzzard45)
Post #: 26
RE: Push back. - 3/28/2004 6:22:20 PM   
Buzzard45

There are more mines out there , I know there are. But just where?

My northern flank is in trouble. RB has thrown the kitchen sink at it. Including most of his AUX units. That's okay. I have him now . I will over-run from the south and destroy his arty with my fast units once my heavies have taken care of what units he has left down there. There was a platoon of Sdk222's and a few remain but his PzIVs are toasting and most of his infantry. Its desparate for him.

I push still in the centre which I'm hoping will draw some units from the north. Units are retreating at the end of his turn the effect is telling. There are 88's in the vicinity of the centre so I must be careful. I did get one of the pesky MG34s that were harrasing my infantry. It'll likely cost me but I was tired of it. There are several most that cause me grief.

RB thinks he has seen all that I have but there are plenty more approaching the fronts. 2000 points buys a lot of Russians.

The Colonel is pleased. We will be back in Borisov soon with the Germans trapped in the open.. Muhahaha

POGO

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 27
RE: Push back. - 3/30/2004 2:04:20 AM   
rbrunsman

2000 points in v8.01 buys ALOT of Russian units. Especially when you buy the cheapest of the most abundant units. (Major screwup by the "OOB Powers-that-be" when applied to PBEM games, IMHO.)

I'm being overrun by flies (KV-2s) with armor of 75 thickness.

I don't have enough bullets to shoot all those small tanks and ACs that are escorting the monster KVs.

I'll die trying though.

(in reply to Buzzard45)
Post #: 28
RE: Borisov. A mean Scene by M4 Jess - 3/31/2004 6:37:23 PM   
Wild Bill

I love these AARs. Keep 'em coming! They make the fight come alive

WV

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Buzzard45)
Post #: 29
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Borisov. A mean Scene by M4 Jess Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI