Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Newbie Question- involving transportation and user interface

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Newbie Question- involving transportation and user interface Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Newbie Question- involving transportation and user inte... - 3/29/2004 5:22:48 AM   
druik

I have only had this game for a few days but was wondering, how do I get two units into the same hex, so i can load infantry and AT guns into vehicles.........they will retreat into the same hex but cannot get them to voluntarily move into the same hex....I'm sure there is a simple solution to this...
Post #: 1
RE: Newbie Question- involving transportation and user ... - 3/29/2004 5:30:34 AM   
druik

I am going to attach a second question to this thread as well

-Ammo resupply-
Can someone very simply explain the basics of re supplying for this game, thanks

is there an online manual as well?

(in reply to druik)
Post #: 2
RE: Newbie Question- involving transportation and user ... - 3/29/2004 5:38:02 AM   
minefield

Druik, press 'shift' to stack units (place them in the same hex together).

Read the artillery sticky post at the top of this forum for more information on artillery. For the basics of ammo resupply, you need either an ammo dump or an ammo truck. The ammo dump reloads units twice as fast but is immobile. Units need to be unsuppressed and stationary to reload. They must be in the same hex or adjacent to the ammo supply.

There isn't an online manual that I know of, but the installation puts a PDF document on your computer. It is an outdated manual (no new one exists) but is very helpful. It answers these questions in it. Go to your start menu and find your Steel Panthers folder. You should see a manual in that list.

never cross a minefield

(in reply to druik)
Post #: 3
RE: Newbie Question- involving transportation and user ... - 3/29/2004 5:43:02 AM   
Buzzard45

The Manual is in the original down load. Use your start>program>Steel Pathers. and select the manual. You'll need adode acrobrat.

The shift key is used to put two units in the same hex. Ammo is reloaded (except smoke) if you do not move or are not suppressed while in the same hex as/ or in the adjacent hex as an ammo dump or ammo carrier.

Its a good idea to read the manual and use the tutorials. They are fun and easy. Read the manual periodically because you'll forget important stuff. Use the F1 key to see all the short cuts. Use the manual to find out how to use them.

Welcome aboard. Have fun!!

" Look alive!! Here comes a Buzzard"
POGO

(in reply to druik)
Post #: 4
RE: Newbie Question- involving transportation and user ... - 3/29/2004 6:10:41 AM   
druik

thankee si

(in reply to Buzzard45)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Newbie Question- involving transportation and user interface Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI