Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What really buggers me..

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> What really buggers me.. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What really buggers me.. - 5/24/2000 7:06:00 PM   
Juggernaut

Well this isnt a big deal but... Lets say im playing long campaign as Soviets from 1939. Campaign starts in Dec 1939 when Winter War (Finns vs. Soviets) broke out, everything ok so far. Here's the problem: why are almost all missions delay or defend- type, when im playing as Soviet Union?? The Finns certainly werent the ones attacking, thats for sure. There were only a few counter attacks during the whole Winter War by the Finns, almost none in Dec. 1939.. Great game, still has a lot of bugs but I bet they will be fixed when the patch arrives. WTG matrix Games

Post #: 1
- 5/24/2000 7:30:00 PM   
renwor

I believe Russia X Finns is random campaign generator result, so it's just that ...random. You have OOB available at given time, poinst to spend and random map & mission. You cannot expect more from random campaign generator. What really got me was my last mission of blitzkrieg in the 1940, as german. In may 1940, France, !! Dunkirk !! I got defend mission against 48 somuas and six Char IB's plus some 500 infantry, mostly six sqads. AND THIS WAS SO CALLED LONG WWII CAMPAIGN< NOT RANDOM ONE!!! Renwor

(in reply to Juggernaut)
Post #: 2
- 5/24/2000 7:32:00 PM   
renwor

OOPPSSS sorry Juggernaut. I didn't read carefully. Yours was LONG campaign also. Ok then my previous post just strenghtens your point. Renwor

(in reply to Juggernaut)
Post #: 3
- 5/25/2000 7:03:00 AM   
sjuncal

quote:

Originally posted by renwor: OOPPSSS sorry Juggernaut. I didn't read carefully. Yours was LONG campaign also. Ok then my previous post just strenghtens your point. Renwor
What is the difference between random and "long" campaign? I notice the _stock_ "WWII campaign" which I assume is pre-set scenarios, and the "generator"...

(in reply to Juggernaut)
Post #: 4
- 5/25/2000 6:59:00 PM   
renwor

quote:

Originally posted by sjuncal: What is the difference between random and "long" campaign? I notice the _stock_ "WWII campaign" which I assume is pre-set scenarios, and the "generator"...
Well I am not so sure myself now. I thought "WWII campaigns" were pre-set, but now I suspect they are more or less random. Pre -setting is just that that in 1939 you got just Poles, then France, then Africa and/or Russia /all as German of course, while in random you may choose to play against Japs. I would really like to have the "long campaign" point clarified. Renwor

(in reply to Juggernaut)
Post #: 5
- 5/25/2000 8:03:00 PM   
Larry Holt

quote:

Originally posted by renwor: [snip]Pre -setting is just that that in 1939 you got just Poles, then France, then Africa and/or Russia /all as German of course, while in random you may choose to play against Japs. I would really like to have the "long campaign" point clarified. Renwor
In a similar vein, at the beginning of a German campaign, starting in 39, I can choose west or east before every scenario but it makes no difference. I get what enemy the Germans were historically fighting. In SP1, this selection was not availible until there was a real choice (e.g. North Africa vs. East Front). ------------------ An old soldier but not yet a faded one.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to Juggernaut)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> What really buggers me.. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI