Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Change campaign maps in V7?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Change campaign maps in V7? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Change campaign maps in V7? - 10/14/2001 1:49:00 PM   
Larry Holt

Playing ver 7 is good but in the long WWII campaign East Europe, the maps are ALL small. That is they are half as wide as the preview map in the lower right corner. Now I know that I can save as a scenario & edit the map by selecting a larger map size them manually drawing in terrain features, but this is a lot of work. The maps that the long campaign uses have to exist somewhere but I can't find them. I'd prefer to edit them directly, one time each rather than editing each battle map. Can anyone help me here or is there another way around this?

Never take counsel of your fears.
Post #: 1
- 10/16/2001 8:28:00 PM   
Larry Holt

bump Is there no one who can ease the depth of my misery at not being able to figure this out and soothe my brow fevered from long nights staying up to try and hack this? I have renamed the map directory and started a battle but it still had a small map so that cannot be where they are held. I tried renaming the SHP directory but then the game will not start. I tried setting the map_size from 0 to other values in the game.ini file but I still got small maps. Small map size is the default value for the battle generator and it seems that the long WWII campaign is using this also. Any ideas on how to get larger default maps?

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to Larry Holt)
Post #: 2
- 10/16/2001 10:41:00 PM   
skukko

Hi If I remember right this small-map thing has been fixed in at least 7.11 beta. I've used only own size 6 and larger in my longWW2 -campaign, so I am not sure. But to let ýou out of misery: Maps are generated. You don't find them unless you save&edit. One way is to assign for both over 4k points and use only what takes to build your favorite size of core. AI mirrors your purchase points, but map should be large this way. Do you still need 'Watcher' for AI at your campaign ? I am available.... mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to Larry Holt)
Post #: 3
- 10/16/2001 11:56:00 PM   
Charles2222

skukko: I've never heard of the map size differing for the size of your force. The only thing I ever got for map size was either 40 or 80 hexes in height, though I'm always playing with the default core amount of points (which generally means little variance in number of units). For what little I played the generated campaign, which I believe starts the Gerries out at over 5000pts (which is 2/3s a larger core size than Gerry WWII campaign), and I've never seen anything over 80 hexes. I would love to give the 80-100 unit 3000pt core force I come with, the benefit of what I suppose would be a more appropriate size for them with 100-140 hexes in height, but nobody has found how to do it aside from the create-your-own map inconvenience.

(in reply to Larry Holt)
Post #: 4
- 10/17/2001 12:40:00 AM   
Rover

Wow... I think a feature of increasing map size based on core force points would be awesome. I like to pick a big force to use lots of different units in combination but inevitably end up with a battle where the units stretch from side to side. Personally I'd rather have the default always be the biggest map instead of the smallest. With the default number of turns in the campaigns always being well over 30 even a small force would have plenty of time to move around the board. R

(in reply to Larry Holt)
Post #: 5
- 10/17/2001 1:30:00 AM   
skukko

Large map is by default 100X80. Smaller are smaller . From small to medium and to large this core-value contra map size should work if you set decent amount of points in prefs when you start. Map sizes over that 80 X 100 are not supported by routine of a map generator in generated campaigns. This is why I started to do own maps and lost time to play untill now I'll save after deployment, change map, deploy my troops again if needed and let the AI deside if it comes to VictoryObjects that I've set more like in real life. I do give VOs enough value, 250points, so it will come, it just takes a while... And this orders -thing while playing with C&C On is one thing why I do not allways re-deploy. Its a nice race to those flags and I never can say from where AI gets on my way. Foolish ? Might be, but at least I have a maps... LOL and yes, sometimes I let my friend deploy again for AI, somtimes I'll edit whole AIs package and buy more historical troops to it and make them wery aggressive. But in this last case I'll have to then give deployment to someone else... mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to Larry Holt)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Change campaign maps in V7? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI