Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Campaigns, not getting rebuild screen after scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Campaigns, not getting rebuild screen after scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Campaigns, not getting rebuild screen after scenario - 5/24/2000 10:43:00 PM   
kliest

I've tried two different generated campaigns and I am not getting the screen that lets me fix units or the unit promotions. My units start the next scenario with reduced ammo and the same damage they had from the first scenario.

Post #: 1
- 5/25/2000 3:27:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Thanks for letting us know this Kleist. Question. Tell me what nationalities, location of battles and month of battle. Do you have that info. That will help us track it down. Wild Bill ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to kliest)
Post #: 2
- 5/25/2000 7:39:00 PM   
chlanda

Happened to me too. Germany vs Soviet June 1941. Old units were left scattered all over the map in their former position at start of next scenario too. Can send saved game near end of scenario if you want. Fred

(in reply to kliest)
Post #: 3
- 5/25/2000 8:29:00 PM   
David F. Wall

I had this happen in a generated (not WWII) campaign. It was Germany vs. France, Belgium and England. Note that the three battles I played all took place within 18 hours over June 20/21, 1941, though I set the campaign to run from June 1941 to June 1945. I was playing the Germans. The first was Germany defends vs. Belgium. The computer bought approxiamately 2500 points worth of rifle and engineer squads and it was very messy. Immediately after that I got one of those messages from headquarters informing me of a counter attack. All my forces were in the same place as they ended the previous battle. The objectives, predictably, were on the far side of the map from me, but the Belgian deployment was all mixed in with mine. My HQ was in the same hex with a Belgian rifle squad. No repairs, no resupply, but the Belgians got ground up again, anyway. Then came Germany defending against a British attack. No repair, no re-supply, dangling crews, and all my armor was out of HE ammo after killing more than six thousand Belgians. I observed that the artillery and Stug IIIs I bought as support for the first two battles was still with my force, but only the forward observers still had ammunition. The British attacked with about 1.5 times my forces, lots of Crusaders and Cruiser tanks. Once again, my forces started deployed all over the map instead of lined up on one edge. I managed to win that one, too, thanks to strokes of luck like an SS Rifle squad that managed to conduct a half-dozen close assaults on tanks despite starting the battle with 60% casualties. Since it seemed I was destined never to get repairs or resupply, I gave up at this point. Dave Wall

(in reply to kliest)
Post #: 4
- 5/25/2000 9:00:00 PM   
kliest

My campaign was a 1939 Yugoslav vs Hungary. It also left the units scattered over the mapboard of the next battle. BTW. The game is awesome. Thanks for all the hard work. But on the other hand, I hate it because I'm never going to get anything done around the house anymore!!

(in reply to kliest)
Post #: 5
- 5/27/2000 1:13:00 AM   
Jymbob VII

Hi Kliest (Kleist?), I had the same problem. It seemed to me, the outcome of the battle affects, wether you get to rebuild screen or not. After I skipped the rebuild screen following a marginal victory, I replayed the scenario and ended with a decisive victory. This time I had the rebuild screen. Possible solution..? Hope it works for you, too. Regards

(in reply to kliest)
Post #: 6
- 5/27/2000 2:20:00 AM   
Sabot Scott

quote:

Originally posted by Jymbob VII: Hi Kliest (Kleist?), I had the same problem. It seemed to me, the outcome of the battle affects, wether you get to rebuild screen or not. After I skipped the rebuild screen following a marginal victory, I replayed the scenario and ended with a decisive victory. This time I had the rebuild screen. Possible solution..? Hope it works for you, too. Regards
Hi Kliest, I prefer campaigns and have played several since downloading the game. I usually get a fix menu about every fifth game. I don't know if this is built in or not. Forces are mighty skimpy by game 5 and I have had to turn ammo limit off. I hope that the upcoming patch "fixes" the fix. "Old soldiers never die, your mom just gives them away."

Sabot

(in reply to kliest)
Post #: 7
- 5/27/2000 2:36:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Hey Fred, Please send that save to me. I'd like to take a look. And thanks for these great editing tools you have provided us. The newest is a real help in editing units in a scenario. It works well....Wild Bill ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to kliest)
Post #: 8
- 5/27/2000 2:55:00 AM   
Wittmann44

I have noticed the same bug. I find that it happens in Generated campaigns when I have a marginal victory. I have noticed also that in Generated campaigns, my forces start where they ended the previous battle. They are not moved back to the map edge. I have noticed another bug when I push the mission button in the purchase screen (between scenarios). The mission window pops up, but the program hangs. I am forced to escape to Windows and then force the program to close. I must then restart and reload from save. Anyone else have the same troubles?

(in reply to kliest)
Post #: 9
- 5/30/2000 10:51:00 PM   
kliest

Just an update...This weekend I started a new campaign. Japs vs Nationalist Chinese in 1937, after two scenarios I got the rebuild screen. Both scenarios ended with crushing defeats for the chinese. ( They had to attack me both times!! ) *I could not fix any units, I could only click continue. * My units were still scattered all over the map in the next battle * My support units from the previous two battles were still with me. * None of my units replenished their ammo. * I never had any units promoted. * Jap knee mortar units are devastating. There is definately a problem with them, but they are fun. They mow down units like nothing else !!!!! Jymbob - Kleist is the poet. Kliest is the general. Thanks.

(in reply to kliest)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Campaigns, not getting rebuild screen after scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI