Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SPWAW MEGA CAMPAIGN DESERT FOX BUG

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWAW MEGA CAMPAIGN DESERT FOX BUG Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SPWAW MEGA CAMPAIGN DESERT FOX BUG - 10/15/2001 7:27:00 PM   
Jean-Guy

Just installed 5.3 from CD I purchased "Desert Fox 5.0 and SPWAW 5.3. Here is the problem. I move some of my units. Exit the game. I return to the saved game and find that the moved units are free to move again. The turn didn't change. Is there a fix for this? I also download SPWAW 6.1 update but still the problems does not go away. The bug does not exist when playing a regular scenerio which leads me to believe that the problem lies with the MEGA CAMPAIGN. [ October 15, 2001: Message edited by: Jean-Guy Girard ]

Post #: 1
- 10/15/2001 8:15:00 PM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by Jean-Guy Girard:
Just installed 5.3 from CD I purchased "Desert Fox 5.0 and SPWAW 5.3. Here is the problem. I move some of my units. Exit the game. I return to the saved game and find that the moved units are free to move again. The turn didn't change. Is there a fix for this? I also download SPWAW 6.1 update but still the problems does not go away. The bug does not exist when playing a regular scenerio which leads me to believe that the problem lies with the MEGA CAMPAIGN. [ October 15, 2001: Message edited by: Jean-Guy Girard ]
That problem has already been fixed with v7, just wait a little longer and you can get the fix for it and some other problems you haven't come across yet.
thanks, John.

(in reply to Jean-Guy)
Post #: 2
- 10/16/2001 6:18:00 PM   
Jean-Guy

Thank you John. I can't help but feel a little upset about this error however. I paid $25 for the disk and $25 for shipping to Japan. They should not sell the game with such a huge error. The mega campaigns are totally unplayable unless you finish all the movements before exiting. Very upsetting. Jean-Guy

(in reply to Jean-Guy)
Post #: 3
- 10/16/2001 7:36:00 PM   
john g

quote:

Thank you John. I can't help but feel a little upset about this error however. I paid $25 for the disk and $25 for shipping to Japan. They should not sell the game with such a huge error. The mega campaigns are totally unplayable unless you finish all the movements before exiting. Very upsetting. Jean-Guy
I don't know about you, but I don't play with in game saves, I start a battle and continue until the end of that battle. It is not an issue to me.
thanks, John.

(in reply to Jean-Guy)
Post #: 4
- 10/16/2001 11:53:00 PM   
color

quote:

They should not sell the game with such a huge error. The mega campaigns are totally unplayable unless you finish all the movements before exiting. Very upsetting. Jean-Guy

Sorry, Jean-Guy, I can't agree with you that the MC are totally unplayable bc of this problem.
I have run into it too, and only consider it an inconvenience.
The MCs are great, and even though this problem might make it complicated to save the game in the middle of the turn, in no way does it make the game unplayable. I enjoy the MC greatly in despite of this problem. Make it a habit to save only at the start of each turn before you move any units and you won't suffer any consequences from this problem. Color

(in reply to Jean-Guy)
Post #: 5
- 10/17/2001 1:17:00 AM   
Warhorse

Hell, I spent $50 on games with WAY more problems than this!!! Just a minor inconvenience, and they are working on whatever they can to alleviate different problems.

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Jean-Guy)
Post #: 6
- 10/17/2001 1:32:00 AM   
Bing

quote:

Originally posted by Warhorse:
Hell, I spent $50 on games with WAY more problems than this!!! Just a minor inconvenience, and they are working on whatever they can to alleviate different problems.
I spent fifty bucks on Microsoft Train Simulator and it is a piece of crap. Three strikes, you're out: Third time it came off my HD it stays off. Not due to lack of HD space, either. Still got 27 Gigs to go, just don't want to waste space on junk such as MSTS. SPW@W will never be taken off my HD. Right now I'm involved with Falcon 4 and Operation Flashpoint, but I will always remain close to W@W via the forum. This is where my heart is. Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to Jean-Guy)
Post #: 7
- 10/18/2001 5:51:00 AM   
Coyotebd

Ha, try WWIIOL:Blitzkrieg $40 cnd, 70+MB patch on day of release, the servers were down for a week.
We're in version 1.30 many months (game released in June) after release and it still does not have all the features advertised on the box. AND They are now asking for Pay for Play (as the game is a MMORPG) But you know what, I'm going to pay. It's getting better every patch and it blows away any wargaming experience I've ever had.

Tyler "Coyote" Provick
A Coy, VRHC
members.home.net/vrhc
WWII Online: Blitzkrieg
www.wwiionline.com

(in reply to Jean-Guy)
Post #: 8
- 10/18/2001 5:58:00 AM   
Warhorse

Man, I wanted to try that WWIIonline, but was figuring with so much to offer, surely it would be glitchy at first, wasn't wrong then, huh?! I'll give it a little while, but the concept seems awesome, have you gotten to play it at all, or not?

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Jean-Guy)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWAW MEGA CAMPAIGN DESERT FOX BUG Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI