Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Upgrade to HQ

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Upgrade to HQ Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Upgrade to HQ - 10/18/2001 1:06:00 AM   
RichardTheFirst

Hi all, I'm a big fan of this game since version 1. Playing version 6.1 now (is there new ones?) I'm playing the WWII campaign and upgraded two of my core german recon patrols to HQ's with the objective of improving moral and help ralliying in other flanks. Infortunatelly it didn't seemed to work as the units do not rally and they do not seem to improve moral , besides at the command center they appear as scouts . Related to this: anyone knows how can i make a unit a company commander, if possible. Thanks in advance. RichardTheFirst

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans
Post #: 1
- 10/18/2001 10:41:00 PM   
RichardTheFirst

Come on guys, I know someone knows the answer to this. I think that the possibility to have more than 1 HQ or to have some lieutenants in the core forces is interesting, no? HELP please. RichardTheFirst "Vini, vidi, vici" - Julius Caesar

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to RichardTheFirst)
Post #: 2
- 10/18/2001 11:01:00 PM   
FrankyVas

Sorry, can't answer your questions. The only way I know of making a co CO is to buy the whole company. I have also upgrades some units to HQ and they don't seem to do much. Sorry Frank V.
(just thought you would feel better if someone posted something)

Post #: 3
- 10/18/2001 11:15:00 PM   
Larry Holt

HQs provide extra rally to units within range (5 hexes IIRC). You can not make a company commander.

Never take counsel of your fears.

Post #: 4
- 10/18/2001 11:42:00 PM   
Charles2222

I found something a bit peculiar lately, but given how the campaigns are often screwy this comes as no surprize. What happened is I picked a Med Pzr Co and while the lead platoon, consisting of PZIIIEs, comes with both having recon status (it's supposed to do that), the second battle found the B1 unit still having recon, while the B0 did not. I'm thinking the B0 underwent damage of some level from the first battle and was repaired. What's the point in having recon company commands platoons having recon and then losing it later? I'm not sure if the game still does the following, but the game used to keep tanks recon, if at some place in the string of upgrades, the unit was once a pure recon unit, such as an armored car. I'm wondering if this can be conquered by my switching the command PZIIIE to 6-rad the next battle, and then switching it back to what would otherwise be a non-recon type tank after that, and still keep the recon status?

Post #: 5
- 10/19/2001 1:29:00 AM   
i2r06

I am new the the forum and game and certainly no expert. But I believe you can reassign units to different organizations. So if you create a new HQ and then assign units from another organization to the new HQ. Wouldn't that work? I've never tried it because it would probably be a lot of work.

Post #: 6
- 10/19/2001 1:55:00 AM   
RichardTheFirst

i2r - I tried that also, but it didn't work because that way the HQ would be the platoon commander and not the company commander I wanted. When you attemp to lower suppresion from a unit it checks fist the Unit commander then the Platton CO, then the Company CO (if exists) and finally the Batallion CO. Larry and Frank - thanks anyway, I really felt better Frank RichardTheFirst "Vini, vidi, vici" - Julius Caesar

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Upgrade to HQ Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI