Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What Have I Gotten Myself Into...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> What Have I Gotten Myself Into... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What Have I Gotten Myself Into... - 4/10/2004 9:04:13 AM   
Matt R

Hello Gentlemen -

I've taken it upon myself to do a general icon update for SP:WaW.

I'm a little strapped financially, but I'm budgeting for a copy of PSP, so this summer I can really get some headway made. I need PSP because of palette incompatibility issues. For now I can convert green icons to greyscale and the game's palette won't bother with it at all. So I'm trying to knock out your early-war panzers and light AFVs before I order PSP. Am also in the process of taking a new job, working three 12s, which leaves some quality icon time

This is a big undertaking, but if someone has already done it, I know I can. Hopefully anyway

Special thanks to Wild Bill Wilder (of course) who has provided me with many kind words of encouragement and support. Come back soon with us, Bill. Thanks also to Matrix for their continued support of WaW.

Special thanks as well to Kevin Duguay for his magnificent effort in creating the icon guide. Kevin, you've made my life MUCH easier, and I appreciate it bud. Thanks to Mike Amos, Tracer, RockinHarry and some others here who've inspired me and provided advice.

And a very big thanks to the people of the SP community, not just WaW but also those who play MBT and WW2, and maybe the odd crony who still runs SP1 or SP2 (now that's a hardcore SP fan).

Well guys, wish me luck on this one. I will need all of it that I can get!

What I intend to do is release packages of icons as I finish them. I'll probably do all the vehicles in a series of families, like the Panzer IV and all of its variants, the Tiger and its variants, the armored cars, etc. and move on to maybe the US, then UK, then Russia, and then Italy and Japan.

Here's a preview of some of my work thus far. I did these in two days, so let's hope I can keep it up!

Thanks guys, it's been a pleasure reading your posts on this forum.

By the way, when's the next SPWaWCon? I've been planning on a trip to Aberdeen but that would be even more cool to meet some of you guys.

Take care,

Matt.

Attachment (1)

"An army without a leader.. is like a foot without a big toe..."

Bill Murray
'Stripes'
Post #: 1
RE: What Have I Gotten Myself Into... - 4/10/2004 11:44:36 AM   
KG Erwin

Hi, Matt. You, my friend, have gone above & beyond already with your new infantry icons, which are part of the 8.2 update. You've also told us that your father is now deployed in the Iraq/Afghanistan theater. The thoughts of the community are with your dad as he serves his country. Yours is indeed a distinguished family, and we are all proud and privileged that you are a valued contributor to the ongoing development of SPWaW.

(in reply to Matt R)
Post #: 2
RE: What Have I Gotten Myself Into... - 4/10/2004 3:35:06 PM   
Huffy

Thank you Matt...for everything , past ,...present ,...and future. Your work is great....good luck in your new job.
Take care,
Huffy

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 3
RE: What Have I Gotten Myself Into... - 4/10/2004 3:46:45 PM   
Warhorse

Nicely done my friend, good luck on the undertaking!!!

Warhorse

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Matt R)
Post #: 4
RE: What Have I Gotten Myself Into... - 4/10/2004 4:17:17 PM   
John David

You are a very special member, in an already special community of folks that are involved with this, the greatest game.

Matt, good luck with everything that you are doing, and THANK YOU for the incredible work that you do. I am a huge fan!

God Bless your dad, and all the others laying it out on the line for freedom!

JD

The only thing good about war, is it's ending!

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 5
RE: What Have I Gotten Myself Into... - 4/10/2004 6:35:11 PM   
Orzel Bialy

Matt,

Keep at it my friend. Those icons are great...and I support any project that looks to put some fresh paint to SPWAW.

(in reply to John David)
Post #: 6
RE: What Have I Gotten Myself Into... - 4/11/2004 11:55:57 AM   
Matt R

Gentlemen -

You guys are simply awesome. I never hear anything but nice comments from all of you. But please, if you see something wrong with my art, let me know. Does it look too small, width not wide enough, etc.

Here's a sample of today's work. I don't think I have too many left. But I haven't been able to find top-down drawings of the SdKfzs 7, 6, 8, 222, 221, or 232. So if anyone can help me out there, I'd appreciate it much.

Thanks,

Matt.

Attachment (1)

"An army without a leader.. is like a foot without a big toe..."

Bill Murray
'Stripes'

(in reply to Orzel Bialy)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> What Have I Gotten Myself Into... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI