Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

where are the campaigns?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> where are the campaigns? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
where are the campaigns? - 5/25/2000 8:41:00 AM   
Calvin

Gents, I downloaded the full version but can't find the campaigns. The generator and the "World War II" campaigns are there, but nothing pre-scripted. What gives? Am I missing something?

Post #: 1
- 5/25/2000 10:22:00 AM   
Bondy

This is by Wild Bill: Managing Campaigns in SPWAW By Wild Bill Wilder SP: WAW allows two types of campaigns. There are campaigns generated by the computer and there are also what are called "User Edited Campaigns." That means that these campaigns were designed by individuals much like the scenarios that are included with the game. These are not computer-generated and may prove quite different from the campaigns the computer creates on request. User-Defined Campaigns are often more historical in nature and are built around a particular unit or a particular theater of battle during the World War II period. Managing Campaigns User-defined campaigns require a little different care than the scenarios in the game. A separate subdirectory or folder should be created to hold these campaigns. Inside each campaign is a zipped (or compressed) package. To use the files needed for a campaign, you'll have to "open" or unzip these files into the \scen subdirectory of the game. Do not delete the zip file. If you remove the campaign files, the zip file will remain intact. If you keep it, you'll always have these files for future play. The Problem to Avoid There is a definite reason for doing it the above way. When you load a campaign into SPWAW (an edited one, like ours), it occupies a certain space. When you load another of the same type, it overwrites the old one. In other words, you cannot have two of this type of campaign open in SP: WAW at the same time. There is one master file that controls all the scenarios in one campaign. It is called usercamp.dat. Each campaign has the same master file name. It is the only one the game will recognize. The game was originally designed by SSI so that the owner of the game could design campaigns on his computer and they would all be saved into this one file. Because, however, we are doing campaigns on separate computers, we cannot access the same usercamp.dat file. Each campaign we create has its own usercamp.dat file. Again, if you load an edited campaign into the game and one is already there, it will load right over the top of it and sometimes mix the scenarios of the two campaigns.

(in reply to Calvin)
Post #: 2
- 5/25/2000 11:04:00 AM   
Bing

Cal - Look in the Campaigns directory, you should find the files.

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to Calvin)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> where are the campaigns? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI