Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is there any way to stop this?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Is there any way to stop this? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is there any way to stop this? - 10/26/2001 11:41:00 PM   
mao

We all know that if you fire on an enemy halftrack/truck/tank the AI will drop the troops/weapons it may be carrying right then and there - I can accept this (even though it's annoying). But it's really starting to bother me (particularly with MCNA where I often spot the enemy at a long distance) that even if I get opportunity fire on a transport vehicle and decline the opportunity the cargo will usually bail out anyway!! (which, with the AI, means the trucks will immediately retreat) Do these guys have ESP? [ October 26, 2001: Message edited by: mao ]

Post #: 1
- 10/27/2001 12:00:00 AM   
Drex

Hello Mao. Maybe we can assume that the truck realizes it has been spotted and is a potential target so the troops bail and the truck high-tails it outta there.

quote:

Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"

(in reply to mao)
Post #: 2
- 10/27/2001 2:50:00 AM   
Dave R

Perhaps the Ai is programed to response to the 'spotted '*' asterisk' If you are playing with it on, I suspect that a lot of players will dismount to make a more cautious approach on foot when it appears, so why not have the computer AI coded to do the same thing?
If that is the case, does the computer ignor it as well if you turn off the 'sopped *'?

In times of war we see the worst that man has to offer. But we also see the best that man has to offer.

(in reply to mao)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Is there any way to stop this? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI