Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

To the veterans

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> To the veterans Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
To the veterans - 11/12/2001 8:10:00 AM   
Huffy

With veterans day here...I would just like to thank all those who have served ,are serving, and the families of those people. So much is givin up to keep our way of life safe. Thank you...
Huffy

Post #: 1
- 11/12/2001 9:12:00 AM   
rich12545

Yer welcome.

(in reply to Huffy)
Post #: 2
- 11/12/2001 9:48:00 AM   
KG Erwin

My thanks to all who served, and are serving their countries now. I have friends who were in Vietnam, and their stories remind me of how lucky I am that I'm not eligible to go.(I'm an insulin-dependent diabetic, otherwise I would've joined the Army or Marines in a heartbeat when I was 18). It seems a little ironic, in that my interest in military history and gaming is as close as I'll ever get, but to those in the line of fire, past & present, I'm forever grateful to you. [ November 11, 2001: Message edited by: KG Erwin ]

(in reply to Huffy)
Post #: 3
- 11/12/2001 11:04:00 AM   
AmmoSgt

Wouldn't have missed it for the World ...59th Bde "Power To Spare"

"For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary periods, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which

(in reply to Huffy)
Post #: 4
- 11/12/2001 11:27:00 AM   
kutalik

You're welcome -- I guess. The Army was always such a mixed bag for me.

(in reply to Huffy)
Post #: 5
- 11/12/2001 12:50:00 PM   
Wild Bill

"Mixed bag"...a polite phrase to say the least. Perhaps not your best experience, but I assume you answered the call and did what you had to do. You went and you served. That deserves our respect and gratitude. To every man and woman who has given years of their life in service to their country and their countrymen, I offer my thanks. If anyone does not want it, just leave it on the table. The offer still stands. Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Huffy)
Post #: 6
- 11/12/2001 1:26:00 PM   
chief

You are all welcome, wish you were around 35 years ago, moral was low.......

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to Huffy)
Post #: 7
- 11/12/2001 1:27:00 PM   
Randy

A salute to all those who have served America, especially to those who are on the line right now.
God Bless America, and all those who defend her!

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

(in reply to Huffy)
Post #: 8
- 11/12/2001 1:40:00 PM   
Huffy

Chief...I do to...and I was...but only about 5 years old...but I don't think I'd be very popular to those "low morale" people..my uncle was in the middle of all that...and I just got him to bring his slides up and show me a couple of weeks ago..
I would worry ...and be concerned...as I am now..as to what is to come...but...I would stand behind my countrymen.
Take care......
Huffy

(in reply to Huffy)
Post #: 9
- 11/12/2001 2:05:00 PM   
Wild Bill

I was around, Chief, and cheering. You just didn't hear me...35 years ago, 50 years ago and even 60 years ago. Not quite four years old, I still remember the cries of anguish in my house at the events of Pearl Harbor. How could I forget my father and uncle enlisting in the what was then called The United States Army Air Force. I remember my mother and me following him everywhere we could. I remember the caravans of trucks, tanks, and men while I sat up all night as a lad of seven on a tiny side porch as they rumbled past, many to never return. Years later, I can still see the face of a younger friend, his face bright with enthusiasm, lieutenant's bars shining on his shoulders as headed to Vietnam. I still feel the cold dry telegram his father thrust into my hands telling of his death. I've seen heroes and cheered, as a tiny tot, as a teenager, as an adult and now as a Senior. I've cheered you all along. I still do. Life's timing was bad for me...too young for one war (Korea) and a tad too old for the next one (Vietnam). I wanted to go. They would not let me go. But I cheered my two sons who also served when they got old enough to do so, one in the Navy and one in the Army. I'm hoarse, and my voice doesn't carry like it did, but I'm still cheering as loud as I can. So are a lot of others, believe me! Present Arms! Wild Bill [ November 12, 2001: Message edited by: Wild Bill ]

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Huffy)
Post #: 10
- 11/13/2001 2:22:00 AM   
kutalik

Wild Bill, No you're absolutely right. Went over to my dad's house yesterday and he had the 48 star flag for his uncle (my grand uncle) Edgar out. He was killed at Kesserine. He hadn't been in North Africa longer than a week they say and was killed almost immediately in the fighting. Hard not to get a little choked up and a healthy sense of perspective. Even if the Army meant to when I was there an endless routinue of "hurry up and wait" its hard not to feel pride and awe.

(in reply to Huffy)
Post #: 11
- 11/13/2001 1:23:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Agreed. Never can too much honor and accolades be bestowed upon brave men and women who serve! WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Huffy)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> To the veterans Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI