Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Simultaneous bazooka-grenade malfunction

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Simultaneous bazooka-grenade malfunction Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Simultaneous bazooka-grenade malfunction - 11/15/2001 10:44:00 PM   
Jeff_Ewing

So, I'm reading Raymond Gantter's _Roll me over_, IMO, the best of the ETO infantry memoirs, and newly-minted Sgt. Gantter has a problem I suppose we've all faced in SPWAW: "The situation was one of rare perfection--the tank only 50 yards away, travelling broadside to us, and moving slowly. Even in basic training you never get such a perfect bazooka shot.
A few yards to my rear, my bazooka man crouched behind a shed. In a loud whisper I told him to hold his fire until the tank was directly in front of us. . .fire now! But nothing happened... When it was gone, I ran back to find out what had gone wrong with the bazooka...the poor bastard told me he hadn't been *able* to fire becuase his assistant wasn't there to pull the saftey pin from the rocket...I told him to pull the goddamn pin himself (I could hear another tank approaching), and at that moment, the lost assistant appeared. I asked where he'd been, and he said he'd been looking for his bag of bazooka ammunition. What the hell did he mean 'looking for it'? I roared. Well, he'd put it down for a minute outside some house and then he'd gone and forgotten it... There wan't time to properly ream him out...I told a grenadier to move to a position where he too could get a shot at the approaching tank. And *that* poor bastard had tears in his eyes as he showed me his grenade launcher, packed solid with mud." Jeff

Post #: 1
- 11/15/2001 10:58:00 PM   
Warrior

And we thought those things only happened in SPWAW!

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to Jeff_Ewing)
Post #: 2
- 11/16/2001 6:44:00 AM   
Lars

LOL! /Lars

:D Plays for fun! :cool:

[img]http://publish.hometown.aol.com/kenkbaran/images/spwaw-virtual-b-o-b2.jpg [/img]
[img]http://www.redzoneforums.com/images/avatars/gia

(in reply to Jeff_Ewing)
Post #: 3
- 11/17/2001 12:06:00 AM   
lnp4668

I would pack my grenades launcher with mud too if I have to take on a tank with it

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

(in reply to Jeff_Ewing)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Simultaneous bazooka-grenade malfunction Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI