Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question about Amphibious operations

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Question about Amphibious operations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question about Amphibious operations - 5/27/2000 4:41:00 AM   
Desert Fox

Searching through the scenario lists, I have not seen a single scenario for June 6, 1944. So I decided to make one. I don't have a map or information about the units fighting, but its gonna be at Omaha and its gonna be bloody. Now my question is about the landing craft. Do the craft assigned to the units after purchasing count against the 400 unit limit? If so, I may have to seriously rethink this scenario. That or my problem is due to the 100 formation limit. I don't know, but I have what I think is actually a pretty meager German force (no panzers, though I really want to add them for reinforcements around turn 25-30), and they get some incredible defensive terrain (a slew of forts on rough terrain), complete with 1000 mines/barbed wire/dragons teeth. However, I can't seem to buy enough American forces, and that is without buying landing craft. I think I will have to recheck the unit/formation count and maybe put about 30 german bunkers in one formation. Any help would be appreciated. BTW, PLEEEASE make a hotkey for barbed wire! I am gonna end up with Carpul Tunnel syndrome by the time I finish placing all the barbed wire.

Post #: 1
- 5/27/2000 5:22:00 AM   
Wild Bill

You may want to wait for the next patch, DF. You could have a lot more room and a lot more units if you do. And yes, and transport, amphibious or not, count against your unit total alllowed. And if you want carpal, try putting three of the same kind of building in a row ....ARGH! ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Desert Fox)
Post #: 2
- 5/27/2000 1:47:00 PM   
Desert Fox

I hear you Wild Bill. I spent a little time trying to fix my problem, with no luck. It seems I have hit the formation limit so I can't buy more units. I believe I only have maybe 200-250 units, but 100 formations. I tried to combine formations, and while that stuffed everyone into a big BIG formation, it still said that I had 100 formations even though there were quite a few completely empty formations. Possibly a bug? Anyways, I think you guys should up the formation limit to about 50% of the unit limit. I think the only solution without a patch is to go into the oob editor and make 10 unit formations. BTW, another question for ya. How do I get the Coastal Fortifications in my battle? I changed their availability dates so they are actually available in 1944, but they don't show up in any formations when I try to buy them. They also don't show up on the unit lists when I use the 'change unit to different type' button in the deploy screen. The Atlantic wall just isn't very impressive without coastal fortifications. Oh, and any suggestions for making allied destroyers? I so far have bought a bunch of german ramboots and modified them to carry 5 inch guns, but I don't have a clue what the armor should be like. Dang, this scenario making thing is tough.

(in reply to Desert Fox)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Question about Amphibious operations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI