Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CREW UNLOAD?/abandond vehicle

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> CREW UNLOAD?/abandond vehicle Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CREW UNLOAD?/abandond vehicle - 5/8/2004 10:02:32 AM   
MOTHER

I read somwhere that you can unload a vehicles crew and then move that crew then remount your vehicle.which button do you press to instgate this ?,also how do you destroy an abandond vehicle from afar?if not will this be able to be done in the next patch v8.2?

Dirty deeds done dirt cheap
Post #: 1
RE: CREW UNLOAD?/abandond vehicle - 5/8/2004 12:14:28 PM   
Warrior2

Unload by clicking 9. You can move the crew and if you want to remount move them back into the hex with the vehicle. They may or may not remount depending on supressions, etc. Abandoned vehicles are not considered targets, to my knowledge, so can't be destroyed.

(in reply to MOTHER)
Post #: 2
RE: CREW UNLOAD?/abandond vehicle - 5/8/2004 10:15:25 PM   
John Galt

Abandoned enemy vehicles (if this is what we are talking about) will be destroyed when an opposing force's squad is placed in the same hex for one turn. As far as I know they cannot be destroyed any other way at this time. I know the Warrior knows this so I think I didn't understand his reply.

< Message edited by John Galt -- 5/8/2004 3:22:23 PM >

Experience is the teacher that gives the test first and the lesson last.

John Galt

(in reply to Warrior2)
Post #: 3
RE: CREW UNLOAD?/abandond vehicle - 5/8/2004 11:46:49 PM   
Warrior2

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Galt

Abandoned enemy vehicles (if this is what we are talking about) will be destroyed when an opposing force's squad is placed in the same hex for one turn. As far as I know they cannot be destroyed any other way at this time. I know the Warrior knows this so I think I didn't understand his reply.

Hi John! Actually, if I ever did know the method you mention, I'd forgotten about it. I've never kept a squad around a hex to see them destroy an abandoned vehicle. Usually I just destroy the crew and move on.

(in reply to John Galt)
Post #: 4
RE: CREW UNLOAD?/abandond vehicle - 5/9/2004 5:51:04 AM   
MOTHER

thank you everybody. The reason i post this is that some people use a "gamey" technique whereby you dismount your vehicle [ eg.a jeep] in full view of enemy forces[whether it be delibrate or not].you can see it but you cant kill it.remount the jeeps crew after 2-3 turns , to travel another 35 hexes of terrain..
it's a good idea to be prudent with your material, but that certainly sucks!,let the crew walk.ver8.02 fix please.

(in reply to Warrior2)
Post #: 5
RE: CREW UNLOAD?/abandond vehicle - 5/9/2004 6:27:37 AM   
Major Destruction

Gamey?

If you see an abandoned jeep and do't care enough to destroy it then it's your own fault if your opponent remounts and drives it to safety. (IMO)

To prevent the enemy from remounting the abandoned vehicle throw some arty his way every 2 turns or so. Then move your own unit to the jeep and take it out. Take out the gamey crew at the same time.

Now you have scored two kills for the price of one. His loss.

They struggled with a ferocity that was to be expected of brave men fighting with forlorn hope against an enemy who had the advantage of position......knowing that courage was the one thing that would save them.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to MOTHER)
Post #: 6
RE: CREW UNLOAD?/abandond vehicle - 5/9/2004 2:52:21 PM   
MOTHER

Thats the point. I want to blow the thing to kingdom come ,to eliminate the mobility.Do this "trick" with a,SDKFZ 222, tiger or churchill ?.Come on ,shoot me i dare you.muahahahahaha, sucker,now I am off ,see ya next time when i pop a cap in your ass,time to prepare a cup o cha and wave goodbye,hope you like my camoflage scheme,i designed it myself daaaaahlings.
The logical thing is to as you have said target the area with arty HE;C'mon!, as I see it a burst of mmg at a jeep,1 x ap round at a sherman,simple.Abandoned vehicles from legit' play ,ok i can fathom the logic but to be caught with your pants down away from a vehicle to reduce being spotted without the retribution,just gimme one shot .
THIS IS IN NO WAY MENT TO BE OFFENSIVE TO ANY ONE PERSON OR GROUP.I JUST WANT LOGICAL OUTCOMES.

(in reply to Major Destruction)
Post #: 7
RE: CREW UNLOAD?/abandond vehicle - 5/9/2004 10:30:23 PM   
VikingNo2

Mother I agree with you on this one, but play games in the 10k range and if the opponent s do this allot then they will run out of formation slot and will not be allowed to call reinforcements But there are some legit reasons to decrew sometime, its just when its done in mass that I feel its gamey. I think the crew are whimpy now so I don't mind it any more

(in reply to MOTHER)
Post #: 8
RE: CREW UNLOAD?/abandond vehicle - 5/9/2004 11:27:32 PM   
Jamminji

This does bring up a question for me.... Can/will a "differnent" tank crew re-mount another tank if they are in the same hex as the abandoned tank? Say tank B1 and tank B2 crews dismount. This make for tanks crews AB1 and AB2. If AB1 goes to the B1 tank and AB1 goes to the B2 tank would they re-mount the other crew's tank? If so would/could different vehicle crews mount different vehicles?

jam

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 9
RE: CREW UNLOAD?/abandond vehicle - 5/10/2004 9:05:31 AM   
VikingNo2

Nope has to be the same tank

(in reply to Jamminji)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> CREW UNLOAD?/abandond vehicle Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI