Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

May Update

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> May Update Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
May Update - 5/2/2004 11:35:12 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Hey all:

Just wanted to drop a quick note and let you all know that we're still working this thing day and nite! I'm now finishing some problems we had with prisoners and we're also installing much of our finished graphics as well as A NEW LOOK FOR THE UNITS! YES, THAT'S RIGHT A NEW UNIT LOOK. Hopefully we'll have some screenshots soon!

We're close but still have some more graphics and bugs to chase.

Thank you all for your patience!

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

Post #: 1
RE: May Update - 5/2/2004 11:39:20 PM   
Hanal

Thanks for supplying an update...still looking foward to this one!

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 2
RE: May Update - 5/3/2004 12:13:54 AM   
pasternakski

Thank you, Marshall. I appreciate your hard work and candor.

I, for one, thought that the unit appearance that we were seeing in earlier screenshots was ... umm, shall we say ... "unworthy" of the design effort. As a Napoleonic-era game, style should be one of the foremost considerations in graphic presentation. The uniforms, the colors, and the other trappings of war were much of what brought glory to those times (of course, the horrible slaughter was the underlying reality).

Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.

Post #: 3
RE: May Update - 5/6/2004 12:15:29 AM   
eg0master

I disagree that good graphics are that important. A good game don't need good graphics to be good. It need good graphics to be sold to many users. But I don't think graphics will be the most important factor when playing this game. Frankly I don't think anyone will buy this game because of its awsome graphics and only few will not buy it because it's ugly...

But missunderstand me correctly (a swdish saying for all you learning swedish out there... ): Nice graphics are great.

(in reply to pasternakski)
Post #: 4
RE: May Update - 5/6/2004 12:42:25 AM   
pasternakski

It needs good graphics - to go along with its other elements - to be a competent design.

And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to eg0master)
Post #: 5
RE: May Update - 5/6/2004 1:05:21 AM   
wodin

Gameplay is the prime importance in any game, however we know that wargames arent renowned for their great graphics but thats not to say appealing graphics which help portray an atmosphere give a wargame a final touch.

Im no talking state of the art but well modeled, accurate soldiers and a good realistic map coupled with some great sound effects are always welcome on my PC.

(in reply to pasternakski)
Post #: 6
RE: May Update - 5/6/2004 2:05:02 AM   
pasternakski

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Gameplay is the prime importance in any game, however we know that wargames arent renowned for their great graphics but thats not to say appealing graphics which help portray an atmosphere give a wargame a final touch.

Im no talking state of the art but well modeled, accurate soldiers and a good realistic map coupled with some great sound effects are always welcome on my PC.

YOU are correct, sir! I was happy with UV when I bought it but was much happier after I picked up one of Rowlf's maps, replaced the dismally plain base symbols, unoladed the silly "planebusters" graphics, and made the ships on both sides easier to look at.

< Message edited by pasternakski -- 5/5/2004 7:07:41 PM >

And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 7
RE: May Update - 5/6/2004 3:25:05 PM   
ardilla

Thanks for keeping the crown down Marshall, BTW if you have some different unit arts it could be nice to leave them all and maybe the possibility to load new by the gamers so each one could choose which graphics we want after all....

We wait for your screenshots and could be nice to update a bit the game web, of course, if this doesnt steal time to any game developer.

Thanks again for your comments and interest in us, MG is doing a great "complicated" job.

Santiago y cierra España!!!

Post #: 8
RE: May Update - 5/7/2004 12:30:20 AM   
eg0master

Maybe I missunderstood the meaning of "great graphics"... To me that is something that more or less looks good. But if you mean "great graphics" equals "a user interface that improves usability" that is another thing and ofcourse usability is top priority. Not fancy uniforms.

(in reply to ardilla)
Post #: 9
RE: May Update - 5/9/2004 11:25:05 PM   
Billy2003s

Hey its a strange world we live in and it takes all kinds. I thought it was good of you to post an update Marshall, and for that I thank you. However........I think you must get really pi**ed off with some of the comments that come flying your way after you take the time to send the update. Me I simply say thanks for remembering that there are some of us awaiting news and appreciate friendly updates on a regular basis.

Crack on, all the best

Billy

(in reply to eg0master)
Post #: 10
RE: May Update - 5/18/2004 7:14:16 PM   
ardilla

Well, what I meant is that one MG had done several counters, they could leave them and let the players choose them as load new counters graphics.

Also could be neat to see your country counters in a pbem game with both sides at the same time, p.e. the flag as a background and the counter back numbers on top, IMHO.

Regards.

(in reply to eg0master)
Post #: 11
RE: May Update - 5/18/2004 9:05:05 PM   
ardilla

I just wanna became a Matrix Trooper, since the february attack I lost my old login and rank

Amunt Valencia!!

I apologies for the post.

Regards.

(in reply to ardilla)
Post #: 12
RE: May Update - 5/20/2004 12:40:21 AM   
Madcombinepilot

Thanks for the update.

(i know I am a bit late with that, but I am hoping that the updates will contiunue)

(in reply to ardilla)
Post #: 13
RE: May Update - 5/21/2004 5:13:41 AM   
crenfrow

I am also very thankful for the continued updates. I do have a quick question. Why does the actual game website not get updated. There are screen shots and other things on the site, are they acurate? Just curious. Thanks

(in reply to Madcombinepilot)
Post #: 14
RE: May Update - 5/24/2004 12:35:44 PM   
ardilla

Marshall, give us a May update stat or pictures.

Thanks

(in reply to crenfrow)
Post #: 15
RE: May Update - 5/24/2004 8:23:03 PM   
Becket

Man, this could be a great summer...EiA, WitP, and then GGWaW later on.

"The very word Moscow meant a lot to all of us....it meant all we had ever fought for" -Rokossovsky

(in reply to ardilla)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> May Update Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI