Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

back after a year downtime, opponents wanted!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Opponents Wanted >> back after a year downtime, opponents wanted! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
back after a year downtime, opponents wanted! - 5/16/2004 2:44:47 PM   
mistergreen

7.1, 8.1 or H2H?

While I like C&C on I not fussy about that or other preferences. Just want to play me some steel panther
Post #: 1
RE: back after a year downtime, opponents wanted! - 5/16/2004 4:53:55 PM   
radboy223

I would like to play a 7.1H2H game with you. I'm not very good with C&C though, so prefer it off. I also strongly prefer spotting set at the default setting of 65%(much more realistic and makes for a better game, IMHO). My less important preferences are for long games and large maps with lots of maneuver options and varied terrain. Sides, dates, and other preferences are not so important to me. If there's any situation you'ld like to play under these circumstances, just give me a yell(all my pbem slots are open )

"I am tired of talk that comes to nothing." Chief Joseph

(in reply to mistergreen)
Post #: 2
RE: back after a year downtime, opponents wanted! - 5/16/2004 6:24:18 PM   
mistergreen

Great
Some preferences I remember playing with was no mines, 10% arty and not firing AT-guns same turn you deploy them. What do you think?
Do you got a good large map? I suppose a random map may not produce enought varied terrain? But I suppose one can restart the game creation if a "boring" map shows up.

I like most sides and years so if you feel like seeting up a game on a good picked or random map please do. One arty question: 0.1 delay is end of my turn, 0.2 is end of yours, 0.3 is end of my next turn. Did I remember correctly?

(in reply to radboy223)
Post #: 3
RE: back after a year downtime, opponents wanted! - 5/16/2004 7:58:44 PM   
radboy223

From the Artillery Management - T.O.T. thread in the Training Center forum:

Delay time affects both reload timing and Offboard ammo consumption. I'll use the terms Primary, Secondary and Teriary to indicate the barrages coming at the end of My turn, the end of the opponents turn, and again at the end of My turn.

The number of shells that will arrive during a given barrage is affected by the Artillery Barrage Delay Time (0.0, 0.1, 0.5, etc). Delay times of 0.0, 0.1, 0.2 will insure some of your barrage will arrive in the Primary barrage. Delays of 0.3, 0.4, 0.5 won't arrive until the Secondary barrage. Delays of 1.0 and up arrive in the Tertiary barrage or later.

The barraging artillery unit will try to consume it's Rate of Fire over two barrages. As the number increase, more of the total number of shells is 'pushed' to the following barrage.

* A Delay of 0.0 results in ALL the shells arriving in the Primary barrage.
* A Delay of 0.1 results in a high proportion (~80%) of shells arriving in the Primary barrage and the remainder arriving in the Secondary barrage. With low rate of fire units, there may not be any shells in the secondary barrage.
* A delay of 0.2 reverses those percentages and about 20% of the shells will arrive in the Primary barrage and the remainder (80%) in the Secondary barrage.
* At a delay of 0.3, the pattern is repeated with all shells arriving beginning the Secondary barrage. 0.4 delay is similar to 0.1 and 0.5 is similar to 0.2 with the first shells arriving in the Secondary barrage. With 0.4 or 0.5 delays, some shells may arrive during the Teritiary barrage (the end of Your next turn).

Ammunition is reloaded after the Primary barrage. So whatever was actually fired can be reloaded at that point. Assuming you've provided the capability. Ammunition fired on the Secondary barrage will NOT be reloaded until the end of your following turn. This is why you see variable amounts in various units over time. Hardly anyone would plot all their artillery to the same delays every turn.

Offboard artillery plotted with a 0.0-0.2 delay will paste an area for up to two barrage phases. It will also consume it's entire turn's rate of fire. If you delay the artillery to 0.4 or 0.5, fewer shells will be fired in the Secondary barrage thereby conserving your ammunition. This give you an opportunity during your next turn to assess the situation and decide if you want to continue expending ammunition on that target.

With a 1.0+ delay, you can preplot a suspected enemy approach avenue. You then get the opportunity to abort, reset, or adjust the barrage on your following turn, before you use up the ammo. This is particularly useful with air strikes.

On your following turn, you have a barrage is now ready to go at 0.0 or 0.1. If you guessed correctly, or were just lucky, you can then open up some or all those tubes and shell the target mercilessly.

If you are consistently firing with a 0.3+ delay, you'll find that your ammunition will deplete, even with otherwise adequate reload capability. It's because that ammunition isn't replaced until the following turn. You end up being a turn or two behind in reloads.

A single ammo truck will generally extend an artillery units firing duration by 50%-75%. Two ammo trucks or a dump can keep most artillery units loaded indefinitely. Rockets reload at a rate of one per truck per turn (2/T for an ammo dump). There are several small Rockets (BM-8,4.2in) that reload at faster rates.

Post #: 4
RE: back after a year downtime, opponents wanted! - 5/16/2004 9:42:52 PM   
radboy223

Okay how about this?: max 10% of purchase points(initial and any reinforcements) can be used for ARTY(Mortars 81mm and above and all indirect-fire guns and rockets), No airstrikes(but airdrops allowed if you desire), max two platoons of specops/rangers/commandos/etc if you desire them, no prelaid mines(but engineer units can place during game), map: western europe-bocage(standard map as found in the game; large map with hedgerows, villages, streams, fields, etc.), searching set at 65%, visibility 30, 40 turns, reinforcements can only be purchased on turn 7 and later, C&C off, true troop cost on, rarity off, meeting engagement, Germany(me) vs. US(you)

(in reply to radboy223)
Post #: 5
RE: back after a year downtime, opponents wanted! - 5/17/2004 12:14:29 AM   
mistergreen

Sounds good! Want to set it up? Need to sleep getting late over here...

(in reply to radboy223)
Post #: 6
RE: back after a year downtime, opponents wanted! - 5/17/2004 12:16:42 AM   
radboy223

email address? Slot 6 ok?

Post #: 7
RE: back after a year downtime, opponents wanted! - 5/17/2004 7:19:00 AM   
mistergreen

dva96jjn@cs.umu.se
All slots open at the moment.

(in reply to radboy223)
Post #: 8
RE: back after a year downtime, opponents wanted! - 5/18/2004 2:05:40 AM   
radboy223

Setup sent!

Post #: 9
RE: back after a year downtime, opponents wanted! - 5/18/2004 7:51:45 AM   
mistergreen

Please resend it can't find it in my inbox.

(in reply to radboy223)
Post #: 10
RE: back after a year downtime, opponents wanted! - 5/19/2004 2:51:25 AM   
radboy223

re-sent

Post #: 11
RE: back after a year downtime, opponents wanted! - 5/20/2004 4:29:55 PM   
mistergreen

Did you get my mails?

(in reply to radboy223)
Post #: 12
RE: back after a year downtime, opponents wanted! - 5/21/2004 1:51:22 AM   
radboy223

I sent the turn yesterday. You seem to be having some sort of mail problem. Maybe your mailbox is too full to receive the turn. Will go ahead and re-send it.

Post #: 13
RE: back after a year downtime, opponents wanted! - 5/21/2004 6:08:30 AM   
mistergreen

I've had no problem recieving turns from the only other game I got going. I have made you an account on my ftp. In the only folder you have access to is the file USTurn00.zip if you have not got it. Otherwise please upload your turn.
Name: radboy223
Password: matrix
Ip: 81.172.169.100

(in reply to radboy223)
Post #: 14
RE: back after a year downtime, opponents wanted! - 5/21/2004 6:44:09 AM   
radboy223

I already received both the files you emailed me yesterday, played the turn, and sent the new turn files to you twice(once yesterday and again once today). I'm not having any trouble receiving your emails, but mine don't seem to be making it into your inbox or something.

Post #: 15
RE: back after a year downtime, opponents wanted! - 5/21/2004 3:05:59 PM   
mistergreen

Strange!
Anyhow I noticed that you tried to log into my ftp but that it for some reason was closed. Not sure why it was closed but it aint anymore.

(in reply to radboy223)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Opponents Wanted >> back after a year downtime, opponents wanted! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI