Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Even Stephens PBEM Tournament

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Even Stephens PBEM Tournament Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Even Stephens PBEM Tournament - 5/18/2004 11:19:42 PM   
funkiwi

How about it? Ok, the action hasn't started yet, but it should be getting under way very soon. Here's my chance to get decimated by everybody without having an excuse to fall back on. Actually, it was taking a thrashing from Stephen "Willy" that made me decide to do this. Most of you will know how difficult it is to select evenly matched forces. This tournament seeks to completely rectify that, in order that strategic skill becomes the sole criteria - oh, and having fun! I will soon suggest an entry deadline. The cutoff time can be when all the entrants have finished playing each other (round robin format). Of course, there'll need to be an absolute deadline for those who get side-tracked.

In this tournament, both opponents should have exactly the same forces. It would best be played on a small random map with about 2000pts each, and only about 10 turns, but this isn't mandatory. Quick games will make for a quick round-robin tournament. Rarity Off may help to ensure both opponents have access to unlimited supplies. Any modifications can be made to the above, any Nationality selected, so long as the first person to select their forces DOCUMENTS them EXACTLY and the next person REPLICATES them exactly. If it occurs that forces are not exactly the same, the game MUST be abandoned for a new one. And the map MUST be random. This way, it doesn't matter what version is being used or how much arty or soforth. I'll be happy to be the score keeper and moderator, unless somebody more experienced wants to do it.

Any starters?
Post #: 1
RE: Even Stephens PBEM Tournament - 5/19/2004 3:09:55 AM   
h_h_lightcap

I'm IN!!!

Great idea!!

HH

"My soul knows my meat is doing bad things, and is embarrassed. But my meat just keeps right on doing bad, dumb things." ----Kurt Vonnegut

(in reply to funkiwi)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Even Stephens PBEM Tournament Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI