Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Not going, just taking a looooooong break from posting

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Not going, just taking a looooooong break from posting Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Not going, just taking a looooooong break from posting - 5/18/2004 3:07:51 AM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

I have finally worn out, finally come to a point where I need to pause.

I have finally reached that point where it's time to take a looooong vacation.

Over several years I have been here there and seemingly everywhere.

But it has a cost.

I can be found at my own forum (and anyone that really cares knows where it is or will be able to ask someone to show them).

I am also planning to breath some life into my love of writing. And I have a new Writer's hang out where I plan to indulge that interest.

So I might end up looking a great deal less visible here and elsewhere after today.

I will stop in occasionally to see if anything official is happening with games that interest me. But aside from checking for patches and or new products, I think this will be my last whimsical post for an undetermined length of time.

There is afer all, only so many ways to discuss a finite sum of topics.

This is being posted in General, because it would be a nuisance to post it in each sub game forum here.

See you all around, keep on wargaming :)

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.
Post #: 1
RE: Not going, just taking a looooooong break from posting - 5/18/2004 5:25:23 AM   
EricGuitarJames

Hang loose, enjoy the writing and if you ever fancy a game of HTTR just look me up.

It's Just a Ride!

(in reply to Les_the_Sarge_9_1)
Post #: 2
RE: Not going, just taking a looooooong break from posting - 5/18/2004 6:52:36 AM   
PeckingFury

Lost another one to HoI

Post #: 3
RE: Not going, just taking a looooooong break from posting - 5/18/2004 7:34:50 AM   
Raverdave

Writing eh? What type of Genre?

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(in reply to PeckingFury)
Post #: 4
RE: Not going, just taking a looooooong break from posting - 5/18/2004 9:41:03 AM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

quote:

Lost another one to HoI

?? No connection at all.

Genre raverdave?

Well actually, aside from writing product labels, just about anything actually.
But I am thinking of something non military. Not that I don't wish to do military, but I just have such a large array of interests I have not spent a lot of time on last few years.

Paleontology was my first love.

PS, I might add a post to this thread if someone asks a question that seems worth answering. But I truely am trying to massively cut back on forum activities.

< Message edited by Les_the_Sarge_9_1 -- 5/18/2004 2:41:05 AM >

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 5
RE: Not going, just taking a looooooong break from posting - 5/18/2004 10:22:01 AM   
Muzrub

quote:

PS, I might add a post to this thread if someone asks a question that seems worth answering. But I truely am trying to massively cut back on forum activities

Does this have anything to with the warning?
We're all getting them these days.
Sometimes its hard to keep your nose clean.

Harmlessly passing your time in the grassland away;
Only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air.
You better watch out,
There may be dogs about
I've looked over Iraq, and i have seen
Things are not what they seem.

Matrix Axis of Evil

Post #: 6
RE: Not going, just taking a looooooong break from posting - 5/18/2004 10:41:49 AM   
von Murrin

Hey, see ya 'round. I know you can't stay away forever.

I give approximately two fifths of a !#$% at any given time!

(in reply to Muzrub)
Post #: 7
RE: Not going, just taking a looooooong break from posting - 5/18/2004 10:42:33 AM   
von Murrin

Hey! Muzzy!

Methinks your avatar is fantastic.

I give approximately two fifths of a !#$% at any given time!

(in reply to von Murrin)
Post #: 8
RE: Not going, just taking a looooooong break from posting - 5/18/2004 10:54:28 AM   
Muzrub

I wish I could claim credit for it.
As a cat lover though it was a must have.

Harmlessly passing your time in the grassland away;
Only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air.
You better watch out,
There may be dogs about
I've looked over Iraq, and i have seen
Things are not what they seem.

Matrix Axis of Evil

(in reply to von Murrin)
Post #: 9
RE: Not going, just taking a looooooong break from posting - 5/18/2004 4:54:03 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

The warning DID rub me the wrong way. But that was just one event in a line up of other events.

I tried to comment on that privately to Vic, and my browser crashed right after I sent the email, and as this happened repeatedly when I once tried to PM a mod over at Wargamer, I just figured, ok throw it on the stack of reasons standing in line, for why I am spending to much time on forums.

I recently have experienced a few similar reasons of late of a similar sort, but that is NOT the only reason for the decision.

Plus it is not just a Matrix Games issue. And I have posted my decision to take this course of action on the other forums I visit as well.

I did though, the other day outright quit a forum. It was not a pleasant experience, and my decision to leave there was most assuredly due to dissatisfaction.

Still though, all just one of several reasons.

I have not played several of my wargames much this year. And all because I am to darned active on too many forums.

So I figured, time to cut my wargames some slack, and care about them for a change :)

(in reply to Muzrub)
Post #: 10
RE: Not going, just taking a looooooong break from posting - 5/19/2004 3:25:43 AM   
KG Erwin

Les, sometimes you gotta step back and say, what happened to my gaming time? That happens to me in my Mod duties, and I forget why I came here in the first place. All you have to remember is that the door is always open for you. Take care of yourself, and we'll see you later.

Post #: 11
RE: Not going, just taking a looooooong break from posting - 5/24/2004 12:40:04 PM   
joki

Les -

Take care ! Hope to see you back here sometimes in the future.

We will miss your posts , clearful thoughts about wargaming.......
A great loss to the forum.

It is hard to take the decision to take a break but sometimes it might be necessary for your own wellbeing.
We all need to spend some time in real life

/Jonas

Matrix Games players - Divided by borders, united by the game !!

Post #: 12
RE: Not going, just taking a looooooong break from posting - 5/24/2004 6:06:11 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Some will point it out and chuckle, "gee Les I thought we were rid of you". It won't have been said in a friendly fashion and I don't of course need that sentiment.

Some will understand what I mean by "vacation".

I won't be gone, I will just be massively cutting back on confrontational posting for starters, and trying NOT to participate in every discussion about every wargame under the sun.

I am planning on hanging out at private forums more so, as I am finding commercial forums are just not as efficient at providing a "fun" environment any more.

Commercial forums have their uses, but, I am finding, commercial forums are best at providing game info, and are less able to provide a friendly "hang out" experience.

Matrix Games, Wargamer, Battlefront all good examples of good places to find info.
But also good examples of over worked moderators, or moderators that are over matched perhaps.

So my comments at Matrix Games will be limited. Or in some cases, participation might just plain cease. It is no secret I have not posted recently at Wargamer. And it is unlikely I will resume.

(in reply to joki)
Post #: 13
RE: Not going, just taking a looooooong break from posting - 5/24/2004 7:46:30 PM   
.50Kerry

quote:

ORIGINAL: Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Some will point it out and chuckle, "gee Les I thought we were rid of you". It won't have been said in a friendly fashion and I don't of course need that sentiment.

Some will understand what I mean by "vacation".

I won't be gone, I will just be massively cutting back on confrontational posting for starters, and trying NOT to participate in every discussion about every wargame under the sun.

I am planning on hanging out at private forums more so, as I am finding commercial forums are just not as efficient at providing a "fun" environment any more.

Commercial forums have their uses, but, I am finding, commercial forums are best at providing game info, and are less able to provide a friendly "hang out" experience.

Matrix Games, Wargamer, Battlefront all good examples of good places to find info.
But also good examples of over worked moderators, or moderators that are over matched perhaps.

So my comments at Matrix Games will be limited. Or in some cases, participation might just plain cease. It is no secret I have not posted recently at Wargamer. And it is unlikely I will resume.

Well Lester I am sure CCCP's daisy-chain is a lot more your speed....

you always have been big on one hand clapping....

http://www.metamucil.com/index.shtml

Good luck on getting published....

It is really funny that you leave in a snit only after you finally get warned for your constant bile and rage at the superiority of we to your south. I love Canada and am always charmed at how non-relective you are regarding the majority. Your warning was not even harsh and was more than called for.

Anyway IGM sends his regards I am sure....

and your .30 cals will always rule the day eh?

< Message edited by .50Kerry -- 5/24/2004 1:08:43 PM >

Anchors aweigh!

Post #: 14
RE: Not going, just taking a looooooong break from posting - 5/24/2004 9:00:19 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

That post really does all I need to prove my case.

anyway, let IGM and all HIS friends know I don't miss them.

(in reply to .50Kerry)
Post #: 15
RE: Not going, just taking a looooooong break from posting - 5/24/2004 9:17:46 PM   
VicKevlar

Enuff......

This entire thread is nothing more than a spam/troll specifically since the topic and initial post state a 'break' from posting and subsequently the said user in question has 30+ posts since his announcement of said 'break'. Knock it off.

Locking up.

The infantry doesn't change. We're the only arm of the military where the weapon is the man himself.

C. T. Shortis

Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Not going, just taking a looooooong break from posting Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI