Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

World Cup 2002

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> World Cup 2002 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
World Cup 2002 - 12/1/2001 9:42:00 PM   
RichardTheFirst

To my friends of United States, South Korea and Poland I wish the best of luck for our meetings. May the best teams win. See you at Korea!

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans
Post #: 1
- 12/1/2001 10:42:00 PM   
Belisarius

...Argentina, Nigeria and England..

Got StuG?

(in reply to RichardTheFirst)
Post #: 2
- 12/1/2001 10:57:00 PM   
RichardTheFirst

Though luck Belisarius. F it's the dinamite group...

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

Post #: 3
- 12/2/2001 12:40:00 AM   
choco

quote:

Originally posted by RichardTheFirst:
To my friends of United States, South Korea and Poland I wish the best of luck for our meetings. May the best teams win. See you at Korea!
Thank u RichardTheFirst and good luck to Portugal... Polska Polska Polska !!! like in 74 or in 82 in semi final... a dream... i have..hmmm

Post #: 4
- 12/2/2001 1:12:00 AM   
Belisarius

quote:

Though luck Belisarius. F it's the dinamite group...
It sure is...it could only have been 'worse' if Portugal had taken England's place...then it'd been a real nightmare.. On the positive side, the Cup's gonna be really interesting from the very first game

Got StuG?

Post #: 5
- 12/2/2001 1:28:00 AM   
davidmiller

I just want to wish the best to all of the participants of the World Cup. All of the teams are good, just to have gotten that far. Too bad they don't have something like that for rodeos.

rabid lobo

Post #: 6
- 12/2/2001 1:38:00 AM   
RichardTheFirst

quote:

Originally posted by choco:
Thank u RichardTheFirst and good luck to Portugal... Polska Polska Polska !!! like in 74 or in 82 in semi final... a dream... i have..hmmm
Thanks Choco: you were so kind that maybe we let you have the third place,... as long as we go to the final . P.S. - Poland is the great revelation in Europe at the moment. Keep up the good work.

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

Post #: 7
- 12/2/2001 1:46:00 AM   
RichardTheFirst

quote:

Originally posted by Belisarius:
It sure is...it could only have been 'worse' if Portugal had taken England's place...then it'd been a real nightmare.. On the positive side, the Cup's gonna be really interesting from the very first game
Tell Henrik Larsen to watch the Portugal-England in the 2000 Euro Cup. A good lesson on how to win against England . That game was just fabulous... And yes, some matches at the beginning will be really interesting. Good luck to Sweden.

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

Post #: 8
- 12/2/2001 1:57:00 AM   
asgrrr

This was the last place where I expected to meet the green eyed football monster...

Never hate your enemy.
It clouds your judgement.

Post #: 9
- 12/2/2001 2:26:00 AM   
RichardTheFirst

Penetrator: Perhaps you prefer american football... Why not? I've seen threads about everything and this is a big event... [ December 01, 2001: Message edited by: RichardTheFirst ]

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

Post #: 10
- 12/2/2001 3:02:00 AM   
Tommi

Finland! Fiiiinlaaand! Go Finland go!!! ...er...yeah, I know we didn't qualify (again!), just dreaming here . Good luck to all those who did!

11 is louder than 10.

Post #: 11
- 12/2/2001 3:23:00 AM   
asgrrr

quote:

Penetrator: Perhaps you prefer american football... [ December 01, 2001: Message edited by: RichardTheFirst ]
Noooooooo.... I prefer Steel Panthers
It is scientifically proven that watching a lot of football rots your brain and leads to antisocial and offensive behaviour.

Never hate your enemy.

Post #: 12
- 12/2/2001 3:32:00 AM   
RichardTheFirst

quote:

Originally posted by Penetrator:
Noooooooo.... I prefer Steel Panthers
It is scientifically proven that watching a lot of football rots your brain and leads to antisocial and offensive behaviour.

Normally people who say that come from contries without traditions in football (sorry couldn't resist ). BTW you guys: which team do you think it's the most dangerous and the one with the most spectacular football? For me it is France and Portugal (of course ) respectively. [ December 01, 2001: Message edited by: RichardTheFirst ]

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

Post #: 13
- 12/2/2001 3:47:00 AM   
asgrrr

Unfortunately, the icelandic body social was first rent by the scourge of football in the first decade of the 20. century of the christian era, when the first unholy club was founded in that country. Since then, increasing numbers of the population have sunk into the footballing bog, with obvious consequences of insanity, paedophilia and stunted mental development.

Never hate your enemy.

Post #: 14
- 12/2/2001 4:10:00 AM   
Janusz

Richard We will see ... in Korea, but now we can try in SPWaW - what do you think about Poland vs Spain 09-39 ?

Post #: 15
- 12/2/2001 4:36:00 AM   
IKerensky

Poland vs Spain in 09 39 ?
too bad forteh lack of a common border but I just guess that this will be a big mess for the poor spaniards For the next World Cup I am a bit affraid for my national team , but who's know *shrug* after all we won the last one Too bad we draw such a weird grouping ( Danemark, Senegal, Uruguay ) no bad team, no great team
This will be a pretty even group...

Post #: 16
- 12/2/2001 4:52:00 AM   
Jasper

I think the version 7 is taking too long to come out, he fans is going for World Cup now.

Post #: 17
- 12/2/2001 6:35:00 AM   
Gallo Rojo

quote:

Originally posted by Belisarius:
...Argentina, Nigeria and England..
I am a little afraid too Belisarius!

The bayonet is a weapon with a worker on each end

Post #: 18
- 12/2/2001 9:57:00 AM   
RichardTheFirst

Janusz: Well, we lost the only time we played against you in a World cup final phase, I think it was a goal from Smolarek near the end. We would like to rectify that . In Korea anything is possible I only wish the best team wins. Anyway I don't like that we are favorites in the group. Our football history proves we play worst at that position. As for Poland against Spain: I have nothing against our neighbours but I refuse any comparison. Choose any country with borders with you, I'll go for any deal. Ivan: I guess you are french, it doesn't show at the bottom. You can go to your profile and fill the rest. I think theoretically France have the best team, very good football, very good players and lots of experience. Casper: For sure: Mars has no traditions in football... All football non-fans: If you don't like it don't even enter to read the thread. I sure do not read threads that don't interest me. Have a life...

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

Post #: 19
- 12/2/2001 12:23:00 PM   
choco

Hej, Janusz (Czesc Ci) it's perfectly understable why RichardTheFirst wish not to compare Portugal with Spain, it's for us like somebody wish to compare Poland with CCCP, Slovian people, mixed history but definitivly not the same... So RichardTheFirst : I'm with u about most dangerous teams... definitivly France (however I dont belive France team so strong as the 98 team was), maybe a surprise from a south American team (Argentina ?) ...Iam rather frightend for England or Germany for this WCup... at least it's a brain analize which says it but we, players of SPWAW, know well that best analyze may collapse on the (green) field... And yes i don't remeber well but i think it was Smolarek (was eleven years old boy in 86) ...
all that to loose 4-0 against Brasil ...
Oh and Richard : We already were at the 3rd place two times, so U r kind to let us the 3rd place but we'll prefer... the only good place of the WCup : The First... Hej also good luck to our trans-baltic (Swedish) neigbours : it will not be easy but i trust u can go out of this group.
Polska Polska I jeszcze jeden I jeszcze Raz...... zbliza sie do bramki.... i... GOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLL !!!!!! 3-0 !!!

Post #: 20
- 12/2/2001 5:47:00 PM   
RichardTheFirst

quote:

Hej, Janusz (Czesc Ci) it's perfectly understable why RichardTheFirst wish not to compare Portugal with Spain, it's for us like somebody wish to compare Poland with CCCP, Slovian people, mixed history but definitivly not the same...
Well, Portugal is the 2nd older country in Europe, we are independant since the beginning of the XII century. If you take into consideration that there was only 60 years (1580-1640) we lost our independence to Spain because our king die being the descendant a spanish (in 1640 we had a popular revolution against the spanish and expeled them) that every attempt Spain made in history for invasion was violently repeled; that we have a different language and a very strong national identity; very hardly one can consider that Portugal and Spain have a mixed history.
quote:

Oh and Richard : We already were at the 3rd place two times, so U r kind to let us the 3rd place but we'll prefer... the only good place of the WCup : The First...
Right, Poland always have been very tough in the final phase. Portugal have a third place too in the 1966 Cup in England, with Eusébio's fab team and everybody said we deserved to win. OK then, I wouldn't mind if we go both to the finals

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

Post #: 21
- 12/2/2001 7:08:00 PM   
scimitar

I don't know if Belgium will go far in the competition (just hope that...), but it's the sixth time CONSECUTIVELY we qualifie for a World Cup! I think it's a record, no?
Greetings to our adversaries: Japan, Russia and Tunisia.

Pour une dent toute la gueule!

Post #: 22
- 12/2/2001 7:11:00 PM   
Lars Remmen

The last four championships where Danmark and France have met in the preliminary matches, the winner of that match have won the overall championship (France Euro 1984, Denmark Euro 1992, France World Cup 1998 and France Euro 2000). And guess what? They'll meet again in the preliminaries. So we'll know who will win the trophy quite early on. The remaining countries may compete for second place - sorry... Regards, Lars

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

Post #: 23
- 12/2/2001 10:14:00 PM   
RichardTheFirst

quote:

Originally posted by scimitar:
I don't know if Belgium will go far in the competition (just hope that...), but it's the sixth time CONSECUTIVELY we qualifie for a World Cup! I think it's a record, no?
Yes, Belgium always have been very competitive in the final stages. For me you created a school in the time of Eric Gerets when Belgium was the best team in line defense. You had also the best goal-keeper ever to play at Benfica: Michel Preud'homme. Good luck!
quote:

Originally posted by Lars Remmen:
The last four championships where Danmark and France have met in the preliminary matches, the winner of that match have won the overall championship (France Euro 1984, Denmark Euro 1992, France World Cup 1998 and France Euro 2000). And guess what? They'll meet again in the preliminaries. So we'll know who will win the trophy quite early on. The remaining countries may compete for second place - sorry...
Enough is enough, Lars. Four times is too much coincidence, five - impossible, sorry . BTW: does any of the Laudrup brothers still play? Good luck to Denmark. [ December 02, 2001: Message edited by: RichardTheFirst ]

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

Post #: 24
- 12/2/2001 10:52:00 PM   
choco

quote:

very hardly one can consider that Portugal and Spain have a mixed history.
well, RichardTheFirst, what i wanted to mean (but sorry for my poor English) is that Portugal an Spain have a history which is linked to each other, as neighbours each country was aware of the other and have to compose with the other one actions... so if u look my comparaison with Poland and CCCP (ok ok Russia....) was not so bad : Polish independence gained first in 1024 (yes in XIth century for those who always thinked that Poland appeared by magic on European map after the WWI in 1919...) we were invaded a lot of times (not counting by Prussia - Germany, Mongols and even those good old Vikings...) diseaperring even from the map during 125 years and have each time refused the occupation with the last one ended in nintees with the depart of Red Army from our country... and still a strong national idendity.. To all others : Ok, ok i will stop to boring u with history , but u know what it is beetween that good old Europeans

Post #: 25
- 12/2/2001 11:30:00 PM   
Lars Remmen

quote:

Enough is enough, Lars. Four times is too much coincidence, five - impossible, sorry . BTW: does any of the Laudrup brothers still play? Good luck to Denmark. [ December 02, 2001: Message edited by: RichardTheFirst ]
Well, I do think it is Denmark's turn to win. Both against France and the champoinship Neither Laudrup are active any more. But Laudrup the Elder (Michael) is the assistant coach for the national team. And good luck to Portugal as well! Regards, Lars

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

Post #: 26
- 12/3/2001 3:09:00 AM   
sebagonzalez

having won 2 World Cups, and after 2 world cups without qualifing..WE ARE IN!!!!!
Good luck to the teams in our Serie...and.....Se ya in Korea!!!! La pasa Recoba para Dario silva, Dario pica, elude a uno, elude a 2, tira...GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
URUGUAY!!!!!!!!!!

Mierda....y ahora...que corno hago?

Post #: 27
- 12/3/2001 5:04:00 AM   
RichardTheFirst

Welcome back Uruguay. Good luck. I forgot to wish good luck to my friends of Argentina and France. Doing it now. Choco: I understand your point. I wasn't pissed . Coming back to history (sorry guys), I didn't know Poland was independant since the XI century, I knew it was old though. Very intersting. And I would like to correct the information I gave: Portugal is not the 2nd older country, we have the 2nd older unchanged borders, after England (my appologies). All: Football is really a passion isn't it? I mean here we are all, each pushing for his country, but with a common language. Here goes the argument that football divides people...
[ December 02, 2001: Message edited by: RichardTheFirst ]

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

Post #: 28
- 12/3/2001 8:26:00 PM   
ruxius

I hope Italy will give you any chance ....
EH EH EH !!!
Anyway I fear we all will be surprised by the newly incoming African soccer...

Italian Soldier,German Discipline!

Post #: 29
- 12/3/2001 11:54:00 PM   
RichardTheFirst

And I hope you don't pay for those words , but true: Italy always had the best defence (at least in theory). Good luck Italy. Comment: This forum is really good. Few contries I didn't wish good luck yet Figo passa por Nesta, senta Cannavaro no chão, finta Maldini, centra para Nuno Gomes... remata de cabeça............ GGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOOOOOOO. Poveretto Buffon.

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

Post #: 30
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> World Cup 2002 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI