Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Steelpanthers modern

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> RE: Steelpanthers modern Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Steelpanthers modern - 5/7/2004 11:43:01 PM   
stevemk1a

I once had the same problem with spmbt. Turns out when I configured the shortcut I didn't disable the screensaver and it locked up the game. You've really got to follow the directions closely for the beast to work!

(in reply to HagenVonTronje)
Post #: 31
RE: Steelpanthers modern - 5/8/2004 12:16:03 AM   
HagenVonTronje

I did do that, too. And the game works just great when playing a scenario. It just crashes whenever I try to play a campaign, in just the manner I described... or at least it crashes onl occasionally in scenarios, but that happened often before in SPWaW, too...

(in reply to stevemk1a)
Post #: 32
RE: Steelpanthers modern - 5/8/2004 2:04:05 PM   
Paul Wykes

For old DOS based games on a modern system, try using DOSBOS.

This can be found at http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/news.php?show_news=1

I don`t use it for SPMBT (I`ve got windows`98) but I use it to play some older dos games with very little trouble. I found it difficult to use until I discovered the front-ends that some other people have done.

The games list found on the site list SP2, SP1 and SPMBT as "playable".

Post #: 33
RE: Steelpanthers modern - 5/8/2004 3:57:25 PM   
Fallschirmjager

quote:

ORIGINAL: HagenVonTronje

I did do that, too. And the game works just great when playing a scenario. It just crashes whenever I try to play a campaign, in just the manner I described... or at least it crashes onl occasionally in scenarios, but that happened often before in SPWaW, too...

What sort of video card do you own?

Post #: 34
RE: Steelpanthers modern - 5/9/2004 11:29:46 AM   
HagenVonTronje

I DO own a GeForce2 MX here, but as said, it runs the scenarios, it just crashes on the campaigns. I don't see how that is related to the videocard then? At least it doesn't sound very reasonable to me...

I*ll give that DOSBOS thing a try... and I guess I'll start digging for some old video card... just to see..

(in reply to Fallschirmjager)
Post #: 35
RE: Steelpanthers modern - 5/9/2004 6:39:22 PM   
Fallschirmjager

quote:

ORIGINAL: HagenVonTronje

I DO own a GeForce2 MX here, but as said, it runs the scenarios, it just crashes on the campaigns. I don't see how that is related to the videocard then? At least it doesn't sound very reasonable to me...

I*ll give that DOSBOS thing a try... and I guess I'll start digging for some old video card... just to see..

The game simply doesnt like Geforce 2 MX cards
Have you played through an entire scenario? How about a quick battle?

Post #: 36
RE: Steelpanthers modern - 5/9/2004 7:50:36 PM   
HagenVonTronje

Played several scenarios without much trouble, it crashed at times there, but that is rather common with SPWaW here, as well, after a few scenarios. Didn't try QuickBattle. Alas, I founf domeone giving away a Matroxm3D card for nothing... so, guess I'll just go and get that, so that it's finally possible to enjoy these games... hope so at least...

(in reply to Fallschirmjager)
Post #: 37
RE: Steelpanthers modern - 5/29/2004 7:51:31 AM   
scaguy

quote:

Remember, you are only getting it to run a couple of old wargames eh. So don't fret over whether it's a waste of space paperweight.

I plan to have mine sit on the floor under the desk, and serve as a foot rest too.

now why didn't i think o'that!

that's a good idea too. I still have several older machines that i use for old games that just don't like to run under even win95. I still even play panzer strike on the commodore 64.. just to relive old days i suspect.

(in reply to Les_the_Sarge_9_1)
Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> RE: Steelpanthers modern Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI