Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Observation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Observation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Observation - 6/2/2004 8:20:24 AM   
Matt R

Why don't SP:WW2 and SP:MBT fans generate discussions resembling all the fuss over SP:WaW? Why do they seem to be more satisfied with those two games? Heck, I thought 8.0 was pretty good until everyone started pointing out everything that's wrong with it.

As they say, ignorance is bliss

Thanks,

Matt.

"An army without a leader.. is like a foot without a big toe..."

Bill Murray
'Stripes'
Post #: 1
RE: Observation - 6/2/2004 8:44:46 AM   
AmmoSgt

Matt I can think of a couple of reasons..
1 Management is still directly involved in game developement , responds directly and promptly to questions, and are willing to explain their decsions and reasons for any change based on documentable facts.
2 The game inculdes a point value calculator that allows players to directly check the point values on the units and thus generates a high level of trust that the game is based on point values and a base equation that are the same for every nation.
3 Whenever a unit is changed / corrected / modified the point value is recalculated to reflect it's new combat effectiveness.
4 They do not fudge the point values to " Balance the game"
5 They make an honest attempt to apply the same standards and detail to all units , not just tanks.

"For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary periods, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which

(in reply to Matt R)
Post #: 2
RE: Observation - 6/2/2004 4:14:37 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Why don't SP:WW2 and SP:MBT fans generate discussions resembling all the fuss over SP:WaW?

They do Matt hehe. But they don't do it here, they do it through Yahoo groups.

Soon to arrive, SPWW2 next version and SPMBT next version.

They don't leave their versions alone either :)

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to AmmoSgt)
Post #: 3
RE: Observation - 6/2/2004 5:21:57 PM   
Gallo Rojo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matt R

Why don't SP:WW2 and SP:MBT fans generate discussions resembling all the fuss over SP:WaW? Why do they seem to be more satisfied with those two games? Heck, I thought 8.0 was pretty good until everyone started pointing out everything that's wrong with it.

As they say, ignorance is bliss

Thanks,

Matt.

Because SPCAMO version are far better

why then I'm still playing the (not Matrix Official) SP.H2H?
'cos I have a notebook and I use win XP, so SPCAMO DOS based program gives me troubles and I prefere the more friendly enviroment of the windows borne version.

The bayonet is a weapon with a worker on each end

(in reply to Matt R)
Post #: 4
RE: Observation - 6/2/2004 6:53:20 PM   
Goblin

quote:

ORIGINAL: AmmoSgt

Matt I can think of a couple of reasons..
1 Management is still directly involved in game developement , responds directly and promptly to questions, and are willing to explain their decsions and reasons for any change based on documentable facts.
2 The game inculdes a point value calculator that allows players to directly check the point values on the units and thus generates a high level of trust that the game is based on point values and a base equation that are the same for every nation.
3 Whenever a unit is changed / corrected / modified the point value is recalculated to reflect it's new combat effectiveness.
4 They do not fudge the point values to " Balance the game"
5 They make an honest attempt to apply the same standards and detail to all units , not just tanks.

gg Ammo.

Goblin

(in reply to AmmoSgt)
Post #: 5
RE: Observation - 6/13/2004 7:52:46 PM   
Wild Bill

Indeed, Matt. Ignorance is bliss. Are you enjoying the game? Keep enjoying it. Don't let all the noise distract you! Have fun. THat is what wargaming is all about.

WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Observation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI