Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Multiplayer Leagues Open at Combat Command

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> New Multiplayer Leagues Open at Combat Command Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Multiplayer Leagues Open at Combat Command - 12/6/2001 9:44:00 PM   
Mike Rothery

Two new leagues for SPWAW have just opened at MilitaryGamerOnline. League Name
No Cold War Description
Germany and Japan are defeated, but all is not well between the former allies. Soviet troops have re-entered parts of Austria, and Tito's forces have clashed with US troops in Trieste. General Patton, having survived his car accident, has successfully lobbied for sharp retaliation while the Soviet forces are still tied down occupying Manchuria. US, British and French forces counter attack Soviet positions in Austria. The Soviets strike at the boundary between the US and British zones and drive toward the North German Coast to cut-off the British. US forces tear at the flanks of the Soviet spearhead. The scene is again set for vicious fighting across the ravaged German countryside. Meanwhile the Finns use the opportunity to regain the territory lost in the peace negotiations in 1944. Join this league as either the Western Allies (incl. Finland) or the USSR and play out this hypothetical campaign. All games MUST be fought between September 1945 and March 1946 either by PBEM or TCP/IP play. Player rankings will be determined by raw score to a maximum of 15000 points for any one game. The top 3 Allied and USSR players will have their names entered in the Hall of Fame. This league will begin immediately and run until 6pm EST February 24, 2002. League Rules
All players must join the league as either Soviet or Allied (Britain, Canada, USA, France, Finland). They will play ALL of their league games as commanders of the side they joined. All games MUST be played between September 1945 and March 1946. All types of human vs human play will be supported. All options are to be resolved by mutual agreement. Players will be ranked against commanders of their own side. All game results MUST be posted by 6pm EST February 24, 2002.
League Name
MacArthur's Return Description
With control of the sea, the US forces are island hopping their way across the Pacific, leading to the anticipated liberation of the Phillipines. Hampered by lack of land based air cover, the US Forces face hard fighting to clear the Japanese defenders. Manila becomes objective for the high speed dash of armoured columns, and US parachute drops, but ends in savage house to house fighting with Japanese naval Infantry. . Join this league as either US Army or Japan and the USSR and join MacArthur's liberation of Luzon, and experience the stubborn defence of a well equipped Japanese garrison All games MUST be fought between October 1944 and March 1945 either by PBEM or TCP/IP play. Player rankings will be determined by raw score to a maximum of 15000 points for any one game. The top 3 Allied and Axis players will have their names entered in the Hall of Fame. All games in this league are to be played with Command Control, historic ratings and characteristics "on" This league will begin immediately and run until 6pm EST February 24, 2002. League Rules
All players must join the league as either US Army or Japan. They will play ALL of their league games as commanders of the side they joined. All games MUST be played between October 1944 and March 1945. All types of human vs human play will be supported. Command control, historic ratings and characteristics preference must be selected "on". This is MANDATORY for this league. All other options are to be resolved by mutual agreement. Players will be ranked against commanders of their own side. All game results MUST be posted by 6pm EST February 24, 2002. Register now at Combat Command Visit our discussion forum at Combat Command Forum [ December 06, 2001: Message edited by: Mike Rothery ]

MikeR
Post #: 1
- 12/9/2001 6:04:00 PM   
Mike Rothery

I have had several requests for scenarios that would fit into either of the two leagues described above. Does anybody know any?

MikeR

(in reply to Mike Rothery)
Post #: 2
- 12/9/2001 8:45:00 PM   
AlvinS

Mike You might want to look at the "Victors Campaign" and see if some of the scenarios from there will suit your purpose for the first league in your post. Here is a link to it. http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/spwaw_camps02.htm AlvinS

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS

Post #: 3
- 12/10/2001 7:14:00 AM   
Mike Rothery

Thanks, I'll take a look.

MikeR

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> New Multiplayer Leagues Open at Combat Command Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI