Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Lost Victories is FINISHED

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Lost Victories is FINISHED Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Lost Victories is FINISHED - 12/8/2001 12:51:00 AM   
Grenadier

For those of you who have sweated waiting for it as much as I have sweated making it. Merry Christmas. We both get a present. I get time back in my life to actually PLAY Steel Panthers and you get the culmination of 10 months work by a dedicated team of gamers like yourself who are bringing you the ultimate gaming experience in SPWAW, Lost Victories. This project would never have gotten done without the dedicated people who worked with me on this project. Their names are on the credits, but there are a few who deserve special attention for their willingness to get me what ever I needed whenever I needed it. Bryan Melvyn-Who kept the line of communications going in the team and did many of the nodes Mosh-A dedicated nodemaker and tester as well. Always there to help when needed and a strong team leader Dr. Klaus Muller-Buschbaum. herr professor put in a huge amont of time recording and translating OKW communiques and did some of the best nodes in Lost Victories along with some great maps. Rockin Harry Zahn-a wonderful nodemaker and a great mapmaker, who also dedicated himself to being the "Voice" of Vebber's commander Don Doom-Started out as an apprentice in my scenario design class and ended up a a member of Wild Bill's Raiders. He carried the ball in converting my SPWW2 scenarios into nodes. Paul Lewis and Mike Amos-THey made my dream of having airplanes on the ground and abandoned equipment for the players to destroy into a reality
Red Baron-An excellent designer who was in from the beginning to the end and brought Wittmann's first tank battle into the campaign Bob Wallace-Who did my document maps and put together the whole branch into the Crimea. he also did a great job in research and making node maps. he set a new standard in mapmaking for this project. Neil Stalker and Fabio Prado-Did the Crimea battles to complete the campaign and fill out the campaign plus fabio kept the interest going in the project thru his website Derek Boain-Who did the music from my ideas and patiently put up with my "one more photo to convert" requests Michael Wood-always willing to put up wityhbmy phone calls or ICQ messages. He did a wonderful job in his editor and the changes necessary in the code to make the mega campaign editor much more than a campaign vehicle Wild Bill-Who alway took my phone calls and answered my questions, even after he "retired". His dedication to this game is amazing. I would never have completed this project without his being there for me. And lastly-David Heath-Who put together the idea for mega campaigns in SPWAW and took a leap of faith in giving me the opportunity to make Lost Victories and stuck by me in all my times of troubles. Lost Victories is so big that even now it is still being tested and there will be a patch for it to coincide with the release of the CD to deal with any last minute issues. The sound files alone originally started out taking 100MB so to get it to fit on the CD we redid them in another format that had the added bonus of making them sound like old radio broadcasts. One of the major decisions about the design is how realistic do we want to make it. The war on the Eastern Front was like no other. Rule of decency and chivalry were non exixtant. It was not a PC war like that in Desrt Fox. Do we deal with the partisan war? What about the Commisar order? The objective was to give the player the experience of fighting on the Eastern Front, warts and all, and I think we acheived a good balance of realism and political correctness. If the player wants to recreate some of the less stellar behavior of the landsers in Russia, the opportunity is there. Ther are also articles in the documents section dealing with these areas, such as the fate of the OUN, the Ukranian Independence movement headed by Stepan Banderas and a reproduction of the Commisar order. All the other aspects of the war, the mud, the rain, the bitter breakout battles from the pockets, the freezing cold of the Russian winter are fully portrayed. All of the Fuhrer directive's, 21, 33 33A, 34, 34A and 35, have been reproduced in their entirety and many of the OKW communiques as well along with the complete speech given by Dr Goebbels on June 22nd 1941 to the nation and read to the landsers on the evening of June 21st. Full biographies of Kleist, Budenny, Reichenau, Cruwell, Rokkosovski, Runstedt and many other are included as well. It is my sincere hope that all of who who have ordered Lost Victories will find the value of it far exceeds the price paid., For the number of photos alone a book equivalent would be at least $50.00. I know, I have several that cost that much and more

Brent Grenadier Richards

[url=http://
Post #: 1
- 12/8/2001 1:06:00 AM   
Randy

Brent, I don't know what to say other than thanks!
To you, Wild Bill, and everyone who have put so
much into the game this had to have been a labor of love. The credits which you posted about the details is really impressive. I'm glad I've already ordered one for myself and one for my friend. Thanks guys

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 2
- 12/8/2001 3:25:00 AM   
bchapman

Brent, It's good to know that there are still people who take enough pride in their work to do it right the first time! I know that we will be richly rewarded for our anxious wait.
THANKS

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."<br />- Gerald Ford

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 3
- 12/8/2001 6:58:00 AM   
mao

quote:

Rule of decency and chivalry were non exixtant. It was not a PC war like that in Desrt Fox

Tell that to all the British tank crews I massacred...

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 4
- 12/8/2001 7:10:00 AM   
rlc27

Awesome! Can't wait to play. Still lost in North Africa somewhere, but perhaps I'll take a break from the heat and fly on up to the Ukraine.
Thanks for all your hard work. You guys are the greatest.

"They couldn't hit an elephant from this dist--"

--John Sedgwick, failing to reduce suppression during the Battle of the Wilderness, U.S. Civil War.

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 5
- 12/8/2001 7:51:00 AM   
Drex

Think you men have created a new wargame genre. I don't think anything has been done like the Mega-campaigns before and it sounds like MCNA has been out-classed by an even higher level of achievement. Do they give awards for this kind of creativity? All I can do is buy it and hope others wil also, but surely it should be recognized by your peers in the industry.

quote:

Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 6
- 12/8/2001 8:00:00 AM   
darroch

What a tremendous accomplishment! Thank you for your dedication and all the long, hard hours I wish I could convey the depth of my appreciation somehow - this is very important to the SPWAW community THANKS!!

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 7
- 12/8/2001 9:21:00 AM   
achappelle

can't wait, can you give me directions to your place so i can come pick up a copy, or just play on your PC?

"Molon Labe" - Leonidas @ Thermopylae (Come Get Them!!)

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 8
- 12/8/2001 9:31:00 PM   
A.H

Thanks Matrix. Soon as I get the LV, I'll tell my friends about it too. Maybe you will get couple more buyers.

A.H

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 9
- 12/8/2001 11:10:00 PM   
Alexandra

Having been involved in the testing of both Desert Fox and Watchtower, I'm sure that Kudos are well deserved for Brent and his team. I too am looking forward to Lost Victories. Alex

"Tonight a dynasty is born." Ricky Proehl, then of the Saint Louis Rams. He was right! Go Pats! Winners of Super Bowls 36, 38 and 39.

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 10
- 12/9/2001 3:38:00 AM   
Grenadier

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Alexandra:
[QB]Having been involved in the testing of both Desert Fox and Watchtower, I'm sure that Kudos are well deserved for Brent and his team. I too am looking forward to Lost Victories. Alex,your're to modest. You also tested for LV as well, so take a bow.

Brent Grenadier Richards

[url=http://

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 11
- 12/9/2001 6:20:00 AM   
Larry W. Wilson

Yes, there really is a Santa Claus after all. Now if I can get the game along with a huge snowstorm to keep me at home for several days!

Twenty-Nine, Let's Go

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 12
- 12/10/2001 12:32:00 AM   
ruxius

YEEEEEEEEEE:
I will give you MONEY and THANKINGS !!!!!
YEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Italian Soldier,German Discipline!

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 13
- 12/10/2001 12:50:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Let me add my sincrest congratulations to the Lost Victories Team for a job well done. I've had a peek at it and was very impressed. I was also delighted to be of service to Brent in the final days as he worked so very hard to bring this great piece of work to a successful conclusion. As I've said so often before, only one who has done the design and coordinating of a Mega Campaign knows the hundreds of hours and multiplicity of problems that he faces to get the job done. That (at least until now) is a rather small group , which includes Michael Wood, Brent and me. Once the MC is done, however, and one has the opportunity to view the handiwork of so many put together into a hemogenous whole, a sense of relief and pride fills his soul. I don't know if you'll see any more Mega Campaigns after these three in SPWAW. I hope so. The idea behind it, however, will carry over into other games of the same ilk by Matrix I am sure. The three Mega Campaigns that now exist have enough gaming possibilities within them to keep a good wargamer busy for six months to a year. Great scenarios, superb maps, great pictures, and very illuminating and inspiring documents pervade the entire program of each MC. Any one of the above mentioned inclusions would make a Mega Campaign worth the price. I don't think you'll find a better deal anywhere if you are a lover of SPWAW as I am. North Africa, Russia and Guadalcanal. Its a nice world-wide package that cannot help but greatly enhance your gaming experience. I hope you'll get them all. It is money well spent. Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 14
- 12/10/2001 1:28:00 AM   
rich12545

Well, I ordered the first two and will do the same with the third (and any future) when it comes available. And now that this half of the disk is finished, is there any word on when the whole thing will be shipped?

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 15
- 12/10/2001 8:54:00 AM   
tracer

Sounds like you guys shot the 'old' SP engine full of steroids I pre-ordered 2 copies; plan on using the second as a stocking stuffer. And a big, heart-felt thanks to the best team in the gaming biz.

Jim NSB

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 16
- 12/10/2001 9:56:00 AM   
Figmo

Brent - thanks for all the hard work. I look forward to playing it. I will be ordering it soon - had to wait until the credit card was down a bit before using it. When is the next one starting!!!

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 17
- 12/10/2001 4:30:00 PM   
Jody

Thank you Guys
Words can not explain how you make all us Wargamers feel with your enthusiastic approach to making these games for us to enjoy. Please keep them coming as SPWAW is the best I have seen in my 36 Yrs.
Thanks Again Guys You are all legends Jody

"Up the Gut's, Heaps Of Smoke Don't Spare The Casualties"

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 18
- 12/10/2001 9:36:00 PM   
Fabio Prado

Thank YOU, Brent! If it weren't for your decisive leadership we would still be spinning the tracks at the Russian mud right now! Fab

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 19
- 12/11/2001 1:15:00 AM   
WW2'er

Brent, A hearty "Well Done" to you and the whole team. I tested a couple early scenarios from Lost Victories, but then had to drop out. I eventually returned to help WB by testing scenarios for the third MegaCampaign. The amount of work you guys did and the sheer amount of scenarios and material is really mindboggling! You should take great pride in your accomplishment and I hope it sells ridiculously well!! WW2'er

WW2'er

"That [state] which separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools." — Thucydides, 'The Peloponnesian Wars'

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 20
- 12/11/2001 5:29:00 AM   
Neil Stalker

Thanks to Brent, Mosh, Bryan and all the guys for producing what is truley a stellar gaming experience. It was a lot of fun working on the design and testing side and I learnt a lot from a great mob of guys. The maps are a true work of creative genius. The sounds are spot on as are the articles/

Neil "Dingo" Stalker
Wild Bill's Raiders
http://www.militarygamer.com/raiders/

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 21
- 12/13/2001 7:13:00 PM   
skukko

blushing.... and all guys who have waited my pbem turns to arrive with patient; you need great hug of a bear I'm sorry about those silent days But I do hope you'll get your gaming experience set to next level when you'll play LV. And as said above somewhere; without Brents decisive deadlines we would have been continuing this MC to the days of Armageddon because it was really great adventure. It did hook up and to some of us it became part of a lifestyle, (if you can call hunger for learning and enthusiasm as lifestyle). It is not over yet, we'll play it thru and search for missing docs, pictures and voice-files. JUST to be sure that it is done by one shot. In case something is wrong you'll get a patch quick Thanx to all great men who offered me helluva ride simo kukko aka mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 22
- 12/13/2001 11:10:00 PM   
Red Baron

May have said this before BUT! good things can´t be mentioned too ofen! To have been a part of this great team - And my Scandinavian "brother" Mosh´s team in particular - has been a adventure of gigantic propotions! I have surely meet a great bunch of guys and learned a lot in the repect of designing Scen´s ect..
And yes Mosh; We surely could have extended this task way in to the next milinium
Regards..Michael.

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 23
- 12/15/2001 5:10:00 AM   
AbsntMndedProf

Woo-hoo! Yippee! Outstanding! Kudos to all the fine folks who have toiled so long and so hard to make MCLV a reality! I hope you all can enjoy a very happy holiday season with your loved ones now. (Who may have forgotten what you look like, what with all the time you've spent perfecting MCLV!) I am as happy as a pig in, well, you know! Eric Maietta (Pre-ordering rules!)

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Lost Victories is FINISHED Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI