Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

mapdesign question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> mapdesign question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
mapdesign question - 12/11/2001 5:56:00 PM   
Tom Terror

I know I read some of this before but forgot and now seem unable to find it again. How can I place destroyed vehicles on a map and how do I destroy them?
Oh, one more thing: how does the the placement of sidewalks work. I again find myself unable to use them? They are in the documentation but from where do I get access to them within the map editor? Sorry, another one: was it possible to place airplanes other than transports on the map or not? Thanks for all hints
TomT

Post #: 1
- 12/11/2001 6:59:00 PM   
Tom Terror

My apologies. Half of my questions were already answered a few threads below. The question was burning in my mind so I didn't bother checking the other topics for possible answers. Sorry. But the vehicle/airplane question is still open to me. Thanks
TomT

(in reply to Tom Terror)
Post #: 2
- 12/11/2001 11:09:00 PM   
color

1. Buy unit.
2. Place desired unit to destroy in desired location.
3. Edit amount of men in unit to - 0 - zero.
4. Select another unit already placed on the map. ... and voila!, you have yourself one fine burning wreck with smoke & everything. That is, if you were destroying a vehicle. Infantry and machine gun units just disappear without a trace.
Gun units however, leave a nice destroyed gun graphic on the map. Note that if you destroyed the wrong unit -OOPS-
go back to its HQ, navigate to the unit with the 'N' button. The status of the unit will be *destroyed*.
Now press the replace unit button and select the unit desired from the menu. Your unit is magically recreated and you can place it on the map again.
Are they zombies??
Steel Panther - The Army of the Living Dead.
Color

(in reply to Tom Terror)
Post #: 3
- 12/12/2001 1:46:00 AM   
RockinHarry

quote:

Originally posted by Color:
1. Buy unit.
2. Place desired unit to destroy in desired location.
3. Edit amount of men in unit to - 0 - zero.
4. Select another unit already placed on the map. ... and voila!, you have yourself one fine burning wreck with smoke & everything. That is, if you were destroying a vehicle. Infantry and machine gun units just disappear without a trace.
Gun units however, leave a nice destroyed gun graphic on the map. Note that if you destroyed the wrong unit -OOPS-
go back to its HQ, navigate to the unit with the 'N' button. The status of the unit will be *destroyed*.
Now press the replace unit button and select the unit desired from the menu. Your unit is magically recreated and you can place it on the map again.
Are they zombies??
Steel Panther - The Army of the Living Dead.
Color

Colors procedure worked for older SPWAW versions, but not for V7 (6.1) anymore, as you can´t edit crews to 0. (always 1 minimum)
For voluntarily detroying vehicles you can use the "U" key, but use it with care!!!!
Do this "U"-key terminating only if your OOB is firm and as last step in scenario design, or you get much of trouble! For the tanks and planes on the map, you only need to wait for final V7 coming. It has special icons to be placed as terrain graphics and are handled a bit differently than "u" keyed units.
It´s worth the wait. __________
Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to Tom Terror)
Post #: 4
- 12/12/2001 2:10:00 AM   
Larry Holt

Once you place a destroyed unit on the map, it cannot be removed so be careful! I keep a saved version just before I place my wrecks. The data on wrecks is deep in the dat(?) files and cannot be edited so reversion to a previous saved copy is the only way out.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to Tom Terror)
Post #: 5
- 12/12/2001 2:56:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Note that in V7 (and the new MCs) there is a way to make these wrecks TARGETABLE...so the player can't ignore than quite so easily

(in reply to Tom Terror)
Post #: 6
- 12/12/2001 4:42:00 PM   
Tom Terror

Color, Larry, Harry: Thanks for the information. It was really helpful.
A Question to Paul:
"Note that in V7 (and the new MCs) there is a way to make these wrecks TARGETABLE...so the player can't ignore than quite so easily"

I don't understand. Does that mean you would be able to target a wreck and destroy it even further? What other changes will be in V7 regarding the map editing? Thanks TomT

(in reply to Tom Terror)
Post #: 7
- 12/14/2001 6:29:00 PM   
RockinHarry

quote:

Originally posted by Tom Terror:
A Question to Paul:
"Note that in V7 (and the new MCs) there is a way to make these wrecks TARGETABLE...so the player can't ignore than quite so easily"

I don't understand. Does that mean you would be able to target a wreck and destroy it even further?
Thanks TomT

Ok..I´m not Paul, but will answer this one.
What Paul meant, is that you can place a "wreck" graphic like any other SPWAW graphic element (shape) on the map and layer it with a new and special unit (called "explosion"), which can be targeted and destroyed like any other SPWAW unit.
This "explosion" unit is some kind of generic unit type with "Tank destroyer" class, but has no armor/weapons and also NO (visible) icon assigned to it. You can edit this "explosion" unit to anything you like, give it armor, movement points ect., but if you shoot at it and destroy it, it shows up as "exploded" vehicle icon. The procedure to use this icon would be, to place the desired tank or aircraft graphic on the map and put in the same hex the "explosion" unit (..renamed to anything else,..T-34 or Sturmovik..ect.). Later in the game, once you sight this unit, you can shoot and destroy it normally. Take note, as the "graphic" is actually a map element, you can see it right from the start of the game on the map. As scenario designer you´ll can use this special "explosion" unit for any other purpose off course, not just for the "fake" tank or aircrafr wrecks! There´re many possibilities!
You can use either of them (graphic and unit) independantly. _________
Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to Tom Terror)
Post #: 8
- 12/14/2001 7:48:00 PM   
richmonder

Thanks for pointing this out! I had thought the wreck factor which I had heard about for v7.0 had been bypassed, but I am happy to hear it is included.

Respectfully,
Richmonder
(formerly Gen. Richmond)

(in reply to Tom Terror)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> mapdesign question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI