Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 12/20/2001 7:26:00 AM   
jamiep1

I had it happen right after the soviet morale broke too. I forgot that until I read Paul sykes' post.

(in reply to timc)
Post #: 31
- 12/20/2001 10:13:00 PM   
lnp4668

It occured to me during testing last night. It occurs on my Windows Me machine that have a nic, but access the internet via modem. I could ctrl-alt-del to close the program, but have to restart from the autosave. It haven't occured on my w2k machine that have a lan connection, but seems like the program attempted to dial out when it don't receive input for a while, because I could heard the handshaking noise.

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

(in reply to timc)
Post #: 32
- 12/25/2001 8:29:00 AM   
LilJoe

Just had this "sync" problem happen to me. It was in the long campaign on the third turn for the AI. Also have had the problem where unit where you click on a unit to move it and the unit info screen comes up no matter what unit it is. Running Windows ME and never connected to the net when playing.

"Victory Through Superior Marksmanship"

(in reply to timc)
Post #: 33
- 12/28/2001 9:00:00 AM   
LilJoe

This sync bug is now ruining the game for me. It pops up in every game at the most unexpected times Will somebody please fix this thing or tell me how to fix it Arrrgggg!!!!

(in reply to timc)
Post #: 34
- 12/28/2001 9:37:00 PM   
timc

LilJoe: For what it's worth, I think the two problems you have are the same problem. When you get the problem on your turn, check the bottom right-hand corner of the map screen. You'll see that little clock.

(in reply to timc)
Post #: 35
- 12/28/2001 10:08:00 PM   
mogami

Greetings. Every long WW2 camp I have started with 7.0 second battle after I end my turn (somewhere between turn 5-11) I get the "Waiting for players to sync" message. I am playing solitaire. On second battle I will save every turn and if/when this occurs again would it help to send save files in?

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to timc)
Post #: 36
- 12/29/2001 1:36:00 AM   
Kuad

Just had my first instance of this one. I was playing a custom built scenario (designed in 7.0, btw) and had just got to the AI's turn 12. I run Win2k and have a cable connection that appeared idle at the time, aside from the DCHP updates that get thrown out quite regularly by my provider (and this bug never manifested before). Based on that and other replies, I think network connectivity isn't the culprit. Certainly looks like a toughie to nail down. I thought 7.0's changes were mostly OOB-related? There can't be that many code-based changes in there. If you have a full change log, it would simplify the situation greatly.

(in reply to timc)
Post #: 37
- 12/29/2001 1:54:00 AM   
lnp4668

quote:

Originally posted by Kuad:
Certainly looks like a toughie to nail down. I thought 7.0's changes were mostly OOB-related? There can't be that many code-based changes in there. If you have a full change log, it would simplify the situation greatly.
I thinks the code changes for 2 players campaign maybe the culprit. I didn't notice it affecting pbem or online games. [ December 28, 2001: Message edited by: lnp4668 ]

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

(in reply to timc)
Post #: 38
- 12/29/2001 9:05:00 AM   
LilJoe

Well my playing days of this game might be over till this problem is fixed My favorite game has become immobilized like a Tiger assaulted by a sniper Yeeeesh!

(in reply to timc)
Post #: 39
- 12/31/2001 5:05:00 AM   
jackssn

I'm also seeing this problem of waiting for sync message. I'm running ME and on a cable modem. It has made playing a big problem. I hope a fix is comming. With the current problem it will be impossible to play the two MC's that are comming.
Thanks in advance.

(in reply to timc)
Post #: 40
- 12/31/2001 5:31:00 AM   
Warrior

UPDATE: I just ran three AI vs AI tests of a 30-turn scenario, while online with Outlook Express minimized so it could get messages, and had NO "out of synch" stoppages at all. The only thing I've changed on my machine was to install a fresh game from v5.1, then upgraded to v7, and copied all Oob's to my other games to be sure they were uniform.

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to timc)
Post #: 41
- 1/1/2002 4:04:00 AM   
TheChin

I got it playing Santa's Train scen. I was connected to the internet with Eudora and ICQ connected and doing their thing. It was far into the game, maybe turn 15 or so. Not continuously played though, I had saved once, exited and came back after a few hours. It was a total lock and I had to alt-tab out and close SPWaW with task manager. Oh yeah, I am running ME also. [ December 31, 2001: Message edited by: TheChin ]

"Conan, what is best in life?"
"To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!"

(in reply to timc)
Post #: 42
- 1/1/2002 5:48:00 AM   
bud

here`s a new one perhaps -- 2 times it`s happen -- playing " e mail " game but face to face on the weekends (same game ) -- my opponet was hitting the -- n -- key -( next unit ) - it locked up -- said it was out of sync -- ?? --now remember , its a e mail game - but face to face on the weekend when it happen -- i looked at it and had to reboot -- ?-- note -- i`am on windows me-- v7.0 -- and keep removeing the steel pif file as offen as possible --

(in reply to timc)
Post #: 43
- 1/3/2002 5:45:00 AM   
j.guitar

In playing MC-DF I've had the sync problem apear
at least a half dozen times. I do have a LAN card and Hub connected, but I havn't yet connected all my computers. However, the problem occurs when playing with just the main computer on.
I'm running WIN98 SE on an Compaq with an Athlon 500mhz processor with 192mb of ram.
This problem did not happen after getting the 7.0 beta patch for an earlier glitch, only after I installed the 7.0 patch downloaded from Matrix Games. Unfortunately I deleted the 7.0 beta patch and can't reinstall it to see what would happen.
Looking forward to having this problem fixed!
Von Rossman [ January 03, 2002: Message edited by: Von Rossman ]

(in reply to timc)
Post #: 44
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI