Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Rally function in ver. 7.0

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Rally function in ver. 7.0 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rally function in ver. 7.0 - 12/16/2001 10:00:00 AM   
JYGamer

I am playing the scenario "Water to Blood." The rally function is performing differently than in the past versions of SPW@W. When I hit the "R" key the unit attempts to rally until the icon on the right turns dark. Once it turns dark hitting the "R" key does nothing as in the past. However, when I left click the dark icon, the unit attempts to rally. Sometimes it does reduce suppression, sometimes it does not. It seems that the second leader to attempt the rally is always the successful one at reducing suppression if the rally is successful. As I remember in the past once the rally icon turned dark, the unit would not attempt to rally even if the icon was left clicked. Is this a new feature or change?

Post #: 1
- 12/16/2001 11:17:00 AM   
tracer

That's one place where the keyboard shortcut works differently than the icon: if the unit fails its rally, but the next leader reduces supression, the icon goes (and stays dark). Clicking the darkened icon will further attemp to rally thru the second leader, but the 'R' key will not work. Right clicking the rally icon causes the unit to rally until it fails...I've seen this happen with the 'R' key on occasion, I *think* it happens if you hold it down too long.

Jim NSB

(in reply to JYGamer)
Post #: 2
- 12/16/2001 12:48:00 PM   
JYGamer

Thank you for your answer. I never knew about this particular feature. I like it.

(in reply to JYGamer)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Rally function in ver. 7.0 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI