Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Breakout From Borisov - Jamminji (Ger) v Hellcat (SO)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Breakout From Borisov - Jamminji (Ger) v Hellcat (SO) Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Breakout From Borisov - Jamminji (Ger) v Hellcat (SO) - 5/20/2004 3:41:14 AM   
Jamminji

Scenario by M4 Jess, Thanks! This is the info from the file description...

Breakout from Borisov**

Based on SL #20**

This is a special PBEM scenario where both players may call for any type of reinforcements they wish to.*
The only special rules I suggest is that the German player may not call for reinforcements before turn 6, and the Russian player before turn 10**

Borisov, east of the Berezina River, July 2, 1941:*
After tenacious fighting, the 52nd Panzer Grenadier Regiment drove the Russians from Borisov, and established a bridgehead across the Berezina. The Russians, under direct orders from General Yeremenko, were to crush the bridgehead. The only available forces were an assortment of men and equipment from the local Armored Forces Training College. At approximately the same time, the 18th Panzer Division was ordered to aggressively expand their bridgehead. These two attacking formations met head on outside of Borisov.**

Scenario by M4 Jess*
Map editing by RockinHarry*
Tolstoye Woods, 45 km NW of Belgorod:**

End of description.

Command German Forces - jamminji... turn 1

We have the town secure but the outskirts to the east are filling with Russians. Some recon units have made a few contacts... Arty is on the way, but there many recon units that are still searching. There are about 4 VHs very close that are on a points per turn basis. We must take these out of Russian control ASAP!

The battle starts!
Post #: 1
RE: Breakout From Borisov - Jamminji (Ger) v Hellcat (SO) - 5/20/2004 4:12:10 AM   
M4Jess

Cool!

but!

The reinforcement point schedule is a design (by me) error!

The Russians get reinforcements first and can take most of the points! IE; the Germans will be left with very little reinforcments..

I will correct the schedule soon...sorry guys

but play on! it is not in effect until later in the game

Jess

Im making war, not trouble~

(in reply to Jamminji)
Post #: 2
RE: Breakout From Borisov - Jamminji (Ger) v Hellcat (SO) - 5/21/2004 1:53:19 AM   
Jamminji

I am not sure what ya mean there M4Jess. Do you mean the reinforcement guidlines where you say...

This is a special PBEM scenario where both players may call for any type of reinforcements they wish to.* The only special rules I suggest is that the German player may not call for reinforcements before turn 6, and the Russian player before turn 10** ...

This says that the germans get reinforced first not the russians?

jam

(in reply to M4Jess)
Post #: 3
RE: Breakout From Borisov - Jamminji (Ger) v Hellcat (SO) - 5/21/2004 7:35:30 PM   
hellcat

after some consultation we're proceeding as planned...

German infantry are attempting to breakout of the North Eastern sector of Borisov and planting lots of arty in that direction. Our perimter there is engaging the Fascists with some results, unfortunately our arty is out of contact.

The map is a real winner with lots of detail and different areas of interest. Nice one Jess.

Anyone not tried this cool pbem twin pack (The other is Tolstoye Woods) is well recommended to do so.

It's a long game and something of a grudge match after Jamminji trounced my russkies recently.

There's a great deal of VH's we will both be trying to control so far it's very early days...

(in reply to Jamminji)
Post #: 4
RE: Breakout From Borisov - Jamminji (Ger) v Hellcat (SO) - 5/24/2004 10:08:44 AM   
Jamminji

Command German Forces;

German arty is pounding away and our recon has seen more ATGs for the arty to cover. Our brave footmen at the front are taking cassuties, and giving them to a lesser degree. This is looking like it could get bloody. We have taken our first "per turn" VH with no resistance. This was a bit of a surprise, although a welcome one. Maybe there are not as many Russkies as anticipated?

jam

(in reply to hellcat)
Post #: 5
RE: Breakout From Borisov - Jamminji (Ger) v Hellcat (SO) - 5/24/2004 8:18:41 PM   
rbrunsman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jamminji

Maybe there are not as many Russkies as anticipated?

jam

Do not underestimate the number of peasants that Mother Russia can throw in your path!

Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom

(in reply to Jamminji)
Post #: 6
RE: Breakout From Borisov - Jamminji (Ger) v Hellcat (SO) - 5/26/2004 5:43:10 AM   
hellcat

Some of my men are running from their positions, Germans breaking out in the North and we can't seem to hit anything! too much vodka last night! At least our arty comes online ummm about nowski!

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 7
RE: Breakout From Borisov - Jamminji (Ger) v Hellcat (SO) - 5/27/2004 1:15:39 AM   
Jamminji

Command German Forces;

Preparations continue for the break to the East, but I am concerned that the russian arty has finally come in. This I fear could slow my advance and turn into a bloody arty duel, "if" I can find is troop consentration.

One german Flamepanzer II suceeded in destorying an 4.5cm ATG in the center That will not be interfering with the armor advnace. and to the south an infantry platoon destoryed a HMG on a hill with minimal loses. Another platoon pushed back a russian squad that had wandered to close to the town.

(in reply to Jamminji)
Post #: 8
RE: Breakout From Borisov - Jamminji (Ger) v Hellcat (SO) - 5/27/2004 5:36:14 PM   
hellcat

arty continues to rain down on us and the Germans are picking up the pace of the breakout in the North, it looks like they are emerging from the city in force and our initial perimeter up there is being hit hard. They will find the Russian bear slow to stir but it can endure many pains before striking back with the heavy claws

(in reply to Jamminji)
Post #: 9
RE: Breakout From Borisov - Jamminji (Ger) v Hellcat (SO) - 5/27/2004 7:08:50 PM   
M4Jess

what did you guys decide about the reinforcements??

Jess

(in reply to hellcat)
Post #: 10
RE: Breakout From Borisov - Jamminji (Ger) v Hellcat (SO) - 5/27/2004 7:29:18 PM   
Jamminji

We chose both sides at turn 18. That should give us plenty of time to kill a bunch of units so that it should not affect the unit or formation limits. What do you think? Did you read my post/question above M4Jess? You seemed to want to bring them in earlier which did not make sence to me. And it seemed that you flipped who got reinforcements first, unless I am confused (which I am, most of the time).

But anyway that is why we chose to bring them in at the same time and later in the game. Maybe to late? The game say like 50 turns but maybe the battle usually ends much sooner then that?

jam

(in reply to M4Jess)
Post #: 11
RE: Breakout From Borisov - Jamminji (Ger) v Hellcat (SO) - 5/28/2004 12:18:05 AM   
rbrunsman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jamminji

We chose both sides at turn 18. That should give us plenty of time to kill a bunch of units so that it should not affect the unit or formation limits. What do you think? Did you read my post/question above M4Jess? You seemed to want to bring them in earlier which did not make sence to me. And it seemed that you flipped who got reinforcements first, unless I am confused (which I am, most of the time).

But anyway that is why we chose to bring them in at the same time and later in the game. Maybe to late? The game say like 50 turns but maybe the battle usually ends much sooner then that?

jam

Buzzard disappeared before we finished our Borisov battle, but we got in close to 30 turns with ALOT more fighting to be done. It was just getting interesting.

I might add, we didn't have the problem Jess was trying to "fix."

I think Turn 18 reinforcements are a good idea. It depends on how well you do in your breakout. You or Hellcat may cry "Uncle" before then, but I doubt it. I suggest you play it flexibly, so if one of you gets panicy, you can agree on an earlier call of reinforcements.

I still think the quantity of reinforcements the Russians can buy is just too much. You're going to be in a world of hurt if Hellcat gets to call all those points in. Keep an eye to that as you break out of Borisov.

Bob

Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom

(in reply to Jamminji)
Post #: 12
RE: Breakout From Borisov - Jamminji (Ger) v Hellcat (SO) - 5/28/2004 7:13:08 PM   
M4Jess

Ok, Turn 18 it is. Thanks for your help on this Bob!

Now go kill sumtin!

Jess

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 13
RE: Breakout From Borisov - Jamminji (Ger) v Hellcat (SO) - 5/28/2004 11:59:03 PM   
Jamminji

Command German Forces...

The battle is heating up nicely. Our forward forces have uncovered two 85mm AA guns and assorted 37 and 45mm ATGs. Infantry have taken the center Chatue and hopefully can use this as a spring board into the Russian lines. Infantry with tank and flamer support have pushed all along the russian lines killing infantry and support alike. My concern is that I do not pierce to far into the Russian flesh and leave my own open to couter-attack. One Russian HMG got a luckey hit and took out 3 soldiers in one burst. That HMG paid the ultimate price for that burst.

Jam

(in reply to M4Jess)
Post #: 14
RE: Breakout From Borisov - Jamminji (Ger) v Hellcat (SO) - 5/29/2004 1:48:52 AM   
hellcat

Germans breaking out in force from the N. E. sector of the town and have breached our holding perimeter. We kill an AFV and score a few infantry kills but all is chaos up there. Hill 16.2 and the Graveyard look like they will be falling into German hands. Not goodski.

(in reply to Jamminji)
Post #: 15
RE: Breakout From Borisov - Jamminji (Ger) v Hellcat (SO) - 5/31/2004 7:07:29 PM   
Jamminji

Command German Forces... turn 6

The break from the town has begun. Our southern forces have met heavy mechanized resistance and have taken significant cassulties. They were caught in the road and paid the price. Most have now made it to the woods and will deal with the russians again, hopefully with better results. The northern and center sectors are moving well at the moment but we have not yet encountered any armor. This will surely blunt our advance.

jam

(in reply to hellcat)
Post #: 16
RE: Breakout From Borisov - Jamminji (Ger) v Hellcat (SO) - 6/2/2004 7:29:23 PM   
hellcat

The Germans are breaking out of the town in just about every direction except the far south of the town so far...

our armor is making it's way to the front straight from the factory!

The Germans are fighting fiercely for control of the church and the Graveyard, the blood already spilled there if only it would awaken our ancestors to rid them from this holy place!

We take out a couple of enemy AFVs but many front line positions have been rolled over by the German storm...

(in reply to Jamminji)
Post #: 17
RE: Breakout From Borisov - Jamminji (Ger) v Hellcat (SO) - 6/3/2004 7:02:02 AM   
Jamminji

Command German Forces - turn 7

The battle is going as planned. We crush the enemy as they reveal themselves. I fear that this will not be the case once the russian armor arrives. I must set up the 88s quickly to recieve our new friends! The ATGs are taking a toll on my armor but nt to any great extent.

jam

(in reply to hellcat)
Post #: 18
RE: Breakout From Borisov - Jamminji (Ger) v Hellcat (SO) - 6/5/2004 4:23:37 AM   
hellcat

we pick off some more enemy vehicles but the germans have some serious momentum, hopefully the arrival of our armor will help us gain back some of the lost ground and bottle them up again in Borisov... perhaps then we will enter the city!

The gossip of the old women has spread and patriots from surrounding worker districts have stopped work and picked up arms to join the fight against the german oppressor.
we only like nice russian oppressors!

(in reply to Jamminji)
Post #: 19
RE: Breakout From Borisov - Jamminji (Ger) v Hellcat (SO) - 6/6/2004 9:19:09 AM   
Jamminji

Command German forces - turn 8

Our front continues to expand. Recon has spotted some T28s and arty has smoked them. Hopefully they will have trouble getting any shots off. There are still some hidden 76mm ATGs lurking in the southern area. These have taken some of my good armor! I must find and destroy these quickly. I think that the 45 and 85 ATGs above and in the graveyard are silienced... We will see... Still no sign of any larger armor although those t28s carry a good punch with those 76s

jam

(in reply to hellcat)
Post #: 20
RE: Breakout From Borisov - Jamminji (Ger) v Hellcat (SO) - 6/7/2004 2:38:49 AM   
hellcat

Germans advance out of the city at astonishing speed while we try and stem the rising tide. Our own Russian tide like the bear rises slowly...

don't worry heavier armor is on the way! it's just a little slower...

(in reply to Jamminji)
Post #: 21
RE: Breakout From Borisov - Jamminji (Ger) v Hellcat (SO) - 6/7/2004 11:06:27 PM   
Jamminji

Command German Forces - turn 9

The large Russian Tanks are apprearing now, and the smaller T28s are spreading out across my lines. I am starting to wish that my reinforcents were already on the way. For now I will have to adjust my armour to meet this threat. The T28s have shown themselves at a most inconvienient spot. I must send a notice to my 88 gun crews to stop their whinning and start fighting. I think they have forgotten their training!

jam

(in reply to hellcat)
Post #: 22
RE: Breakout From Borisov - Jamminji (Ger) v Hellcat (SO) - 6/8/2004 10:13:19 PM   
hellcat

other armor is still trundling and what's that? the flash of a cossack blade! Containment is yet to be achieved however and our old defences are long gone... there will be some heavy fighting now...

(in reply to Jamminji)
Post #: 23
RE: Breakout From Borisov - Jamminji (Ger) v Hellcat (SO) - 6/10/2004 4:24:30 AM   
Jamminji

Command German Forces

All fronts are advancing except for the mid southern sector. A fearce battle rages over a 10pt/turn VH. More units are showing up as this area heats up. Recon think they know where the 76'er ATGs in the center are. And the 45mm atg near the graveyard has been located. This is good news!

jam

(in reply to hellcat)
Post #: 24
RE: Breakout From Borisov - Jamminji (Ger) v Hellcat (SO) - 6/11/2004 8:51:44 AM   
hellcat

stukas! uh okski! all our fwd positions have gone and we're still desperate to shore up the defences and busy relocating forward arty positions back to the rear. Our KVs are beginning to arrive although they're woefully inaccurate, pockets of redoubtable russians resist while cheering the cossacks who ride by, blades drawn...

(in reply to Jamminji)
Post #: 25
RE: Breakout From Borisov - Jamminji (Ger) v Hellcat (SO) - 6/16/2004 9:01:05 PM   
Jamminji

Command German Forces - Turn 11

Reinforcemnts have been confirmed to be availiable on turn 15 or after. This is a huge improvement over the original turn 18. I congratulate our fine resupply battalions.

The farthest southern VH is slowly weakening but we are still held at bay. One ATR squad took out an SU-37 which went a long way in reaching our objective. They then turned their attention to a Russian squad and push them back into the woods. These fellows are the heroes of this area at the moment! Although there are many more heroes all along the front.

The southern per/turn VH is back in German hands and the T28 viaing for the VH is now burning. Unfortunatly so is a German 1/2 track that came into view of an Su37 and another support unit with a 76mm aboard!

The lower center is bogged down confronting 3 76mm gun plus support and 2 T28s. This little valley will get ugly!

The center is advancing, one 45mm tag is still hidden and casuing problems. My armor is slowed until this entrenched unit can be dislodged.

The Northern forces can now see the VHs to the East, and also the KVs coming in! Not a good sign! At least we can now see the 76mm ATGs blocking our way.

My men are screaming that the 120 mortors must be silenced. I agree! I have dispatched recon with that duty. Find a report and/or destroy.

Jam

(in reply to hellcat)
Post #: 26
RE: Breakout From Borisov - Jamminji (Ger) v Hellcat (SO) - 6/16/2004 11:10:09 PM   
hellcat

hoho - 120mm mortars have been relocated out of harms way and my arty tears open a PzIV also. The containment lines are now being drawn and we have been ordered to take no further steps back, reinforcements will arrive soon and the cossacks are riding their mounts hard to reach the flashpoints.

soon we'll be breaking INTO Borisov

ps I know Ive 'gone' but have a duty to finish this DAR with my good friend Jamminji

(in reply to Jamminji)
Post #: 27
RE: Breakout From Borisov - Jamminji (Ger) v Hellcat (SO) - 6/17/2004 10:55:30 AM   
Jamminji

Command German Forces - turn 12

Oh how I hate lucky arty shots! At least when they kill MY tanks! One KV2 and one T28 killed should make up for it though.

The cossacks are streaming in... I hope that I can bring my forces to bear in the right places. It is one thing to take a VH, and another to hold it! I hope that I have not advanced to far to soon!

To hellcat... I appreciate you staying for our DAR

jam

(in reply to hellcat)
Post #: 28
RE: Breakout From Borisov - Jamminji (Ger) v Hellcat (SO) - 6/18/2004 8:30:49 PM   
hellcat

Germans still pushing their bubble and we're struggling very hard to hold them now.

Where are those reinforcements???

(in reply to Jamminji)
Post #: 29
RE: Breakout From Borisov - Jamminji (Ger) v Hellcat (SO) - 6/20/2004 11:34:44 PM   
Jamminji

command German Forces - Turn 12 (ment turn 13)

Good news. I recieved word that reinforcents are availiable durning this turn.

The southern sector is getting ugly, a lowly B-11 45mm motorized ATG took out a tank and hurt a half-track! And this VH is not even a per/turn VH. I my be pushing to hard!

The Central valley is smoked but those 12.6 HMG are picking off infantry at will. Recon reports more inf guns coming up!

The northern and upper central sector are now a combine battle. multiple KV1s and 2s along with T28s and support. This looks to be the big battle and will probably determine the outcome. The graveyard is proving to be troublesome. If I can hold it Hellcat, will begin to be pinched. If not, then God help me!

jam

< Message edited by Jamminji -- 6/21/2004 11:34:51 PM >

(in reply to hellcat)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Breakout From Borisov - Jamminji (Ger) v Hellcat (SO) Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI