Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Need help

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Need help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Need help - 12/23/2001 8:09:00 AM   
LilJoe

I'm not much of a computer guru so I could use some help. I downloaded vs. 7 but nothing changed in the game. It still shows vs. 6.1 I'm assuming it unzipped into the wrong folder. If I download again can I manually direct it into the right folder through the browse button and what folder should I have it unzip into? Thanks!

"Victory Through Superior Marksmanship"
Post #: 1
- 12/23/2001 10:17:00 AM   
rlc27

Hi, I think you can unzip it anywhere you want, and I believe that there is a self-extracting file that will come out (something with .exe at the end) that should automatically update your version as long as it is in the usual folder (C:/matrixgames/SPWAW or something like that. Good luck.

"They couldn't hit an elephant from this dist--"

--John Sedgwick, failing to reduce suppression during the Battle of the Wilderness, U.S. Civil War.

(in reply to LilJoe)
Post #: 2
- 12/23/2001 10:29:00 AM   
tracer

Paul Vebber mentioned that you need to make sure the file is extracting to the proper folder: sometimes an additional 'steel panthers' folder is created (nested) within the steel panthers folder.

Jim NSB

(in reply to LilJoe)
Post #: 3
- 12/23/2001 2:39:00 PM   
Warrior

quote:

Originally posted by LilJoe:
I'm not much of a computer guru so I could use some help. I downloaded vs. 7 but nothing changed in the game. It still shows vs. 6.1 I'm assuming it unzipped into the wrong folder. If I download again can I manually direct it into the right folder through the browse button and what folder should I have it unzip into? Thanks!
Using the browse function is what can cause the update to appear as a "nested" Steel Panthers World At War folder within the Matrix Games/Steel Panthers World Ar War folder of the original version. If this has happened, just copy the mech.exe and Oob's from the nested folder into the regular game SPWaW folder and then delete the nested folder, reboot, and your game should be up graded to v7. The best way I've found of handling upgrades if to first delete (save them outside the game folder somewhere just in case) the mech.exe and steel.prf. Then run the upgrade using the default choices presented. Reboot after installing the upgrade. If the game has upgraded properly, you can then delete the saved mech.exe, etc., from the earlier version.

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to LilJoe)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Need help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI