Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Messin with the Single player campaigns, HELP?!?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Messin with the Single player campaigns, HELP?!? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Messin with the Single player campaigns, HELP?!? - 12/24/2001 8:44:00 AM   
Big T

I've been playing Long, Long, Road... (Great job, BTW to whoever put all those together!!) And I went into the editor (edit Campaign button) the other day to mess with some of the Build points. And when I saved it, it lost all of the associated intro text for all of the scenarios. -Is there anyway that I can d/l just that campaign without reinstalling the whole SP:WAW? -And once I do get a fresh copy of Long road, is there anyway to edit it w/o messing up the associated text with the individual scenarios? Thanks again for a great product!! [ December 23, 2001: Message edited by: Big T ]

-T
"The point is, you see, that there is no point in driving yourself mad trying to stop yourself going mad. You might just as well give in and save your sanity for later."(Douglas Adams)
Post #: 1
- 12/24/2001 11:29:00 AM   
Warrior

Go here: http://www.tankheadcentral.com/main.html About halfway down the page is an article about how to make changes in a generated/long campaign. Somebody will offer to send Long, Long road. Be patient.

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to Big T)
Post #: 2
- 12/24/2001 1:24:00 PM   
Big T

quote:

Originally posted by Warrior:
Go here: http://www.tankheadcentral.com/main.html About halfway down the page is an article about how to make changes in a generated/long campaign. Somebody will offer to send Long, Long road. Be patient.
Thank you, It would be nice if i could get just the Long, Long road in a file...I know i'm going to screw it up the first few times.
That link was very informative, but it seemed to be focused a little more in depth then i wanted to go. I'm really just interested in changing some of the allocated Build and support points. Like I said before, I could do this from withing the games "Edit campaign" feature, but it resulted in erasing all of the associatd intro text for each scenario.
Thanks again for any help.

-T
"The point is, you see, that there is no point in driving yourself mad trying to stop yourself going mad. You might just as well give in and save your sanity for later."(Douglas Adams)

(in reply to Big T)
Post #: 3
- 12/25/2001 3:16:00 AM   
Big T

Bump. Anybody? Help, please? Wild Bill, maybe?

-T

(in reply to Big T)
Post #: 4
- 12/25/2001 8:50:00 PM   
Warrior

quote:

Originally posted by Big T:
That link was very informative, but it seemed to be focused a little more in depth then i wanted to go. I'm really just interested in changing some of the allocated Build and support points. Like I said before, I could do this from withing the games "Edit campaign" feature, but it resulted in erasing all of the associatd intro text for each scenario.
Well, you've seen what happens when you do it the "easy" way. I've made changes to the values you mention using the info in the article and had no problems. I'd email you the files, but you have no email address listed. Makes it more difficult. [ December 25, 2001: Message edited by: Warrior ]

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to Big T)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Messin with the Single player campaigns, HELP?!? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI