Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Surrender -F9 key

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Surrender -F9 key Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Surrender -F9 key - 12/24/2001 9:13:00 AM   
JYGamer

I was playing a game against the AI in solataire mode. I still held most of the objectives as the USSR versus the Germans at Kharkov. The German tank losses exceeded mine. I even had knocked out 2 Tigers. (I won't get into PZIIIL v. T-34 encounters) The maunal says that surrendering is like declaring a cease fire with the score tallied when surrendering. But after I hit the F9 key at the beginning of my turn, the bombardments proceeded with little result. The end game screen showed a decisive victory for the Germans and a crushing defeat for USSR. It looked like the victory points were awarded as if the USSR forces had fled the map and the Germans taken every victory hex. Is this correct or is the manual correct? I appreciate your responses. JYGamer

Post #: 1
- 12/24/2001 9:40:00 AM   
Tomanbeg

quote:

Originally posted by JYGamer:
I was playing a game against the AI in solataire mode. I still held most of the objectives as the USSR versus the Germans at Kharkov. The German tank losses exceeded mine. I even had knocked out 2 Tigers. (I won't get into PZIIIL v. T-34 encounters) The maunal says that surrendering is like declaring a cease fire with the score tallied when surrendering. But after I hit the F9 key at the beginning of my turn, the bombardments proceeded with little result. The end game screen showed a decisive victory for the Germans and a crushing defeat for USSR. It looked like the victory points were awarded as if the USSR forces had fled the map and the Germans taken every victory hex. Is this correct or is the manual correct? I appreciate your responses. JYGamer

Don't know which is correct, but your game is typical. I was playing a Ladder match(excuse me, League game)and had Taken 4 flag clusters(all were 100 points-EOG) plus killing 2400+ of his 3000 points. AND most of his reinforcements. It was right at the end of the month and he wanted to get his score on the board. We had about 4 turns left and less the 6 hours when I went ahead and hit the f9 for him. (It's been years since I was concerned with my ladder standing and my Loyal Oposition was really hot to be the best in the world) It went in as a decisive in his favor.(something like 4,000 to 300 ) I never was able to figure out where my points came from.
T.

"The 15th May, 1948, arrived ... On that day the mufti of Jerusalem appealed to the Arabs of Palestine to leave the country, because the Arab armies were about to enter and fight in their stead."
– The Cairo daily Akhbar el Yom, Oct. 12, 1963.
[IMG]http

(in reply to JYGamer)
Post #: 2
- 12/24/2001 9:42:00 AM   
RichardTheFirst

I tried surrendering when I was winning big once against the AI and what happened was that I scored correctly a lot more points but I still had a crushing defeat. A crushing defeat always happens if you surrender regardless of the score. Maybe what is written in the manual refers to how things were in an older version. [ December 23, 2001: Message edited by: RichardTheFirst ]

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to JYGamer)
Post #: 3
- 12/24/2001 10:14:00 AM   
Redleg

Yes, somewhere along the line, F9 was changed to prevent a player from getting way ahead and surrendering early and taking an early win.

(in reply to JYGamer)
Post #: 4
- 12/24/2001 7:41:00 PM   
GI Seve

Surrender only works if loosing side presses F9. If winner presses it he may well get billion points against loosers 1 point but still looses. It's like winning side withdraws or makes his men to become pow's at edge of victory from battlefield and thus becomes "loosing" side. Never had any problems with this cuz that's simple logic. Yes I red manual and I figured out it like this. I never even could imagine that someone may take surrender as some kind of trick for victory. THINK ABOUT IT : IF YOUS PRESS SURRENDER THEN YOU LOOSE! It can't get more obvious!

HallelujaaGobble!

(in reply to JYGamer)
Post #: 5
- 12/25/2001 2:21:00 AM   
JYGamer

Thank all of you for the clarification. I did save the game so I can complete it. I guess the best way to end a solitaire scenario is to use WAWED.EXE to edit the saved scenario to reduce its turns to the next turn. Thank again. JYGAMER

(in reply to JYGamer)
Post #: 6
- 12/26/2001 11:24:00 AM   
Capt. Pixel

I've also noticed that if you hit the F9 (surrender) key and then change your mind and push no for the option to execute the surrender, you completely lose any further action in that turn.
Only hit F9 if you intend to surrender.

"Always mystify, mislead, and surprise the enemy, if possible. "
- Stonewall Jackson

(in reply to JYGamer)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Surrender -F9 key Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI