Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

My VISA's burning a hole in my pocket....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> My VISA's burning a hole in my pocket.... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
My VISA's burning a hole in my pocket.... - 6/29/2004 2:34:17 PM   
GBS

Sorry to be a whinner guys but come on, this IS next week and I just can't take it anymore.
Post #: 1
RE: My VISA's burning a hole in my pocket.... - 6/29/2004 2:38:38 PM   
barbarrossa

I'll just add my official puppy-dog whine as well

"It take a brave soldier to be a coward in the Red Army" -- Uncle Joe

"Is it you or I that commands 9th Army, My Fuhrer?" -- Model

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 2
RE: My VISA's burning a hole in my pocket.... - 6/29/2004 2:43:37 PM   
Odin

Getting nervous too...theres something i REALLY NEED...and this fast

(in reply to barbarrossa)
Post #: 3
RE: My VISA's burning a hole in my pocket.... - 6/29/2004 2:48:32 PM   
PlacidDragon

Your Visa *is* burning a hole in your pocket ?

Mine is already several feet underground, and on its way to invade Japan all by its lonesome

(in reply to Odin)
Post #: 4
RE: My VISA's burning a hole in my pocket.... - 6/29/2004 2:52:09 PM   
daft

I just caught my VISA trying to sneak onto the Matrix website through the disk drive slot on my computer. The cheeky little bastard claimed he couldn't wait any longer.

(in reply to PlacidDragon)
Post #: 5
RE: My VISA's burning a hole in my pocket.... - 6/29/2004 5:32:50 PM   
kaleun

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to daft)
Post #: 6
RE: My VISA's burning a hole in my pocket.... - 6/29/2004 6:43:01 PM   
freeboy

Hard to believe how pokie this is.. how hard is it to set up a dd... I would think this is a hi priority

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 7
RE: My VISA's burning a hole in my pocket.... - 6/29/2004 6:44:49 PM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

Hard to believe how pokie this is.. how hard is it to set up a dd... I would think this is a hi priority

It's actually a heck of a lot of work.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 8
RE: My VISA's burning a hole in my pocket.... - 6/29/2004 6:45:39 PM   
jhdeerslayer

That is not encouraging Mr. Frag.

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 9
RE: My VISA's burning a hole in my pocket.... - 6/29/2004 6:46:01 PM   
52nd Lowland

quote:

ORIGINAL: freeboy

Better to get it running correct with no problems than putting it out without a thorough check.Can u imagine the disappointment for us if they put it out for DD and u download it and it says "file missing" etc.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 10
RE: My VISA's burning a hole in my pocket.... - 6/29/2004 6:47:45 PM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

Better to get it running correct with no problems than putting it out without a thorough check.Can u imagine the disappointment for us if they put it out for DD and u download it and it says "file missing" etc.

Yep, or you spend 20 hours downloading a corrupt file? Think of the forum posts. Right first time is the only allowable option with DD, so you take your time and check it a million times before turning it on.

(in reply to 52nd Lowland)
Post #: 11
RE: My VISA's burning a hole in my pocket.... - 6/29/2004 6:51:24 PM   
52nd Lowland

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

quote:

Yep, or you spend 20 hours downloading a corrupt file? Think of the forum posts. Right first time is the only allowable option with DD, so you take your time and check it a million times before turning it on.

Too right especially those people using slower broadband or dial-up.The strain showing on the forums is bad enough but a corrupt download would send some people into orbit

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 12
RE: My VISA's burning a hole in my pocket.... - 6/29/2004 6:55:15 PM   
freeboy

Agree that it should be correct, just really hard to believe with the gold files in hand for this long... this couldn't have been done... agree that it would really piss off people to get a dd and have it flop/ but come on.. are we talking about more than a few hours of programing and maybe a few more of testing?

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 13
RE: My VISA's burning a hole in my pocket.... - 6/29/2004 6:56:20 PM   
Grouchy

quote:

ORIGINAL: 52nd Lowland

quote:

Think there are enough wannabe "betadownloaders" to test that
Assuming the file is 400mb upload, download and check for a corrupted download can be done with your average home connection within an hour. Time and workload is most likely consumed by something else.

Post #: 14
RE: My VISA's burning a hole in my pocket.... - 6/29/2004 6:59:56 PM   
52nd Lowland

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grouchy

quote:

ORIGINAL: 52nd Lowland

quote:

Think there are enough wannabe "betadownloaders" to test that
Assuming the file is 400mb upload, download and check for a corrupted download can be done with your average home connection within an hour. Time and workload is most likely consumed by something else.

Dont know if its due to putting it on several servers around the world as well as testing the download package.Personally i wouldnt have a problem downloading from a server in the US but there must be reasons for putting it around the world beyond my intellect.

(in reply to Grouchy)
Post #: 15
RE: My VISA's burning a hole in my pocket.... - 6/29/2004 7:03:04 PM   
freeboy

Servers... lets talk Origins
I could have telephone ordered this game on Thursday(had this been available)..taken it as a normal ups mail order and already had it..But noooo has to be set up the "right" way.. talk about not making me a happy customer. Crybaby should be my moniker

Post #: 16
RE: My VISA's burning a hole in my pocket.... - 6/29/2004 7:07:49 PM   
Adnan Meshuggi

Yes, i wait for the game, too.

Is matrix not interested in the good solid euros ?

I have no time and money, but i will steal if for the game... my last uv as american is so boring, bombing the hell out of the japanese (with p38/corsairs it is no fun for the japanese side (or you defeat him so badly that his chances to strike back with naval forces are nil... but now it is time for witp)

come on... i want it now !

Don't tickle yourself with some moralist crap thinking we have some sort of obligation to help these people. We're there for our self-interest, and anything we do to be 'nice' should be considered a courtesy dweebespit

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 17
RE: My VISA's burning a hole in my pocket.... - 6/29/2004 7:09:16 PM   
incbob

Tell you what.....it is a burden that I don't want anyone on this forum to have to carry so I volumteer myself to test the download. Just tell me where to pay and where to go.

Post #: 18
RE: My VISA's burning a hole in my pocket.... - 6/29/2004 7:10:32 PM   
52nd Lowland

quote:

ORIGINAL: incbob

Tell you what.....it is a burden that I don't want anyone on this forum to have to carry so I volumteer myself to test the download. Just tell me where to pay and where to go.

LOL i think there would be a lot of people wanting to share the burden

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 19
RE: My VISA's burning a hole in my pocket.... - 6/29/2004 7:10:43 PM   
Adnan Meshuggi

beer...

Don't tickle yourself with some moralist crap thinking we have some sort of obligation to help these people. We're there for our self-interest, and anything we do to be 'nice' should be considered a courtesy dweebespit

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 20
RE: My VISA's burning a hole in my pocket.... - 6/29/2004 7:18:13 PM   
brisd

I intend to wait for this game (patiently) if it takes all summer...

"I propose to fight it out on this line if it takes all summer."-Note sent with Congressman Washburne from Spotsylvania, May 11, 1864, to General Halleck. - General Ulysses S. Grant

(in reply to Adnan Meshuggi)
Post #: 21
RE: My VISA's burning a hole in my pocket.... - 6/29/2004 7:35:53 PM   
PlacidDragon

quote:

I would also think that it would be a rather straightforward matter. They have done it multiple times before, so its not exactly like they have to reinvent the wheel when they add an item to the DD portfolio

Im a little curious as to how the DD works though. After uploading the image (and providing the paperwork), what does Matrix do ? Every link looks to point towards Digital River (the DD provider), so i imagine that they will be doing the brunt of the work (which is the service they are selling after all). If they are this big and professional company their webpage tries to convey, then i'd understand even less about the time its taking

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 22
RE: My VISA's burning a hole in my pocket.... - 6/29/2004 8:01:52 PM   
Toro

Well, it would be nice if when Matrix spake, everyone would immediately listen/do ("spake" -- you like that?).

However, I'm sure they have to deal with vendors who don't consider this as necessarily the high priority that all of us do (what is wrong with them for godsake???). I have images of that scene in Tora, Tora, Tora where EG Marshal is trying to get the message out to the Pac, and the weenie in the office is saying, "Well, the general's handwriting is hard to read...".

(in reply to PlacidDragon)
Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> My VISA's burning a hole in my pocket.... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI