Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MAtrix?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> MAtrix? Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MAtrix? - 6/29/2004 5:28:29 PM   
freeboy

Can anyone from the Matrix give us an answer.. will this be available today?
Post #: 1
RE: MAtrix? - 6/29/2004 5:34:16 PM   
Mr.Frag

It will be available just AFTER I download my copy!

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 2
RE: MAtrix? - 6/29/2004 5:41:13 PM   
freeboy

OK, today my great emperial hero?

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 3
RE: MAtrix? - 6/29/2004 7:54:32 PM   
byron13

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

Yes, okay, and when will YOU be downloading a copy, Frag?

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 4
RE: MAtrix? - 6/29/2004 8:05:21 PM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

ORIGINAL: byron13

quote:

Just before you

(in reply to byron13)
Post #: 5
RE: MAtrix? - 6/29/2004 8:54:42 PM   
daniel123

and just after me. hopefully tomorrow. i have the day off.

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 6
RE: MAtrix? - 6/29/2004 8:56:58 PM   
byron13

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: byron13

Just before you

And when will I be downloading it? Oh, wait. I know the answer: just after you. Thank you, oh great font of information!

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 7
RE: MAtrix? - 6/29/2004 8:57:42 PM   
Aelbric

Today IS my day off

Ah well, who needs sleep anyway....

(in reply to daniel123)
Post #: 8
RE: MAtrix? - 6/29/2004 9:03:00 PM   
ATENTOKO

quote:

HELLO MR. FRAG. CAN YOU DD THE GAME ?????
DO YOU THINK A 56KB COULD BE OK????
THANKS FOR ALL

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 9
RE: MAtrix? - 6/29/2004 9:04:17 PM   
byron13

You will be able to when Matrix is ready. See the several DD threads from about a week ago. They are very detailed and include discussion of 56K capabilities.

(in reply to ATENTOKO)
Post #: 10
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 2:37:37 PM   
freeboy

ok.. before the demands for and against my execution are issued.. let me reitterate .. I asked "When.. "
I did not demand... I just wanted to have some clue to plan by as when this comes out I should have a big chunk of time reserved.. for those who are offended by my comments.. ot my intent to offend anyone.. expecially Matrix or 2by3...

(in reply to byron13)
Post #: 11
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 2:53:40 PM   
barbarrossa

Maybe you'll have to make an appointment for download

Seriously I can imagine that thier servers might be a bit taxed if everyone hits it at once. Personally I'm waiting till the first issues are ironed out, I don't think that will be a very long wait all the same.

Plus I ain't got the money to burn right now

"It take a brave soldier to be a coward in the Red Army" -- Uncle Joe

"Is it you or I that commands 9th Army, My Fuhrer?" -- Model

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 12
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 3:24:26 PM   
goodwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: freeboy

ok.. before the demands for and against my execution are issued.. let me reitterate .. I asked "When.. "
I did not demand... I just wanted to have some clue to plan by as when this comes out I should have a big chunk of time reserved.. for those who are offended by my comments.. ot my intent to offend anyone.. expecially Matrix or 2by3...

For what it is worth: I think Freeboy has a point, Matrix have many loyal fans, and some may well be a little over the top with expectation, ( and with some justification if the Beta testers and promos are correct). It is Matrix's product and they can choose to deal with it as they want, and release it when they are ready, however the hundreds of eager over excited fans on this board, are the ones who will help feed them in the future. So some courtesy should be extended, more info about the release should be made available. N.B. If you having trouble with new bugs, say so if there production, download or any other problems that would be understood. a firm not today, Friday PM or Tuesday or Wednesday next, would let some the addicted forum members get on with life, or u might just lose some sales, I'm in business too. I would get very angry with myself if I lost some business, because I didn't keep my customers informed.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 13
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 3:25:13 PM   
kaleun

Hi freeboy.
I see it's not up yet.
Gotta head to work. I'll check from over there; besides I have not had coffee yet. Good thing the wife is still asleep

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 14
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 3:29:28 PM   
freeboy

Coffee good, caffeinated better lack of sleep.. up Monday night with sick pet.. I work from a home office.. so I'm always at work .. lol.. of course there are those tricky rocky mountains

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 15
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 5:03:50 PM   
ZOOMIE1980

quote:

ORIGINAL: barbarrossa

Maybe you'll have to make an appointment for download

Seriously I can imagine that thier servers might be a bit taxed if everyone hits it at once. Personally I'm waiting till the first issues are ironed out, I don't think that will be a very long wait all the same.

Plus I ain't got the money to burn right now

Ahhh yes, the wait until Service Pack 1 is out, type. I'm kind of that way, too. I didn't buy UV until there were two major patch releases out. I've already noticed up in the support area there are some rather significant problems already exposed by the tiny few who got copies at Origins. Some non-trivial OOB omissions (most notably no C-46's in the CBI theater), a GUI refresh bug or two, a rather annoying sound bug having to do with DirectX, and a data problem with the tutorial. And those are just from the few who picked it up at Origins.....

< Message edited by ZOOMIE1980 -- 6/30/2004 3:04:29 PM >

(in reply to barbarrossa)
Post #: 16
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 5:12:09 PM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

Ahhh yes, the wait until Service Pack 1 is out, type. I'm kind of that way, too. I didn't buy UV until there were two major patch releases out. I've already noticed up in the support area there are some rather significant problems already exposed by the tiny few who got copies at Origins. Some non-trivial OOB omissions (most notably no C-46's in the CBI theater), a GUI refresh bug or two, a rather annoying sound bug having to do with DirectX, and a data problem with the tutorial. And those are just from the few who picked it up at Origins.....

DirectX problems caused by people's systems have very little to do with the developer. Data problem with the tutorial has already been posted as a solution. Screen refresh is a bit of a mystery. None of these have any impact whatsoever on game play.

If that is the best you can come up with for bugs, I'm laughing. Where's the real bug complaints that has something to do with the game like units vanishing or data being corrupted or combat reports having different results in PBEM?

(in reply to ZOOMIE1980)
Post #: 17
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 5:19:36 PM   
freeboy

I agree Mr. Frag.... can we dd today... has anyone at MAtrix have anything to say to this?
I noticed Eric in the Support dorum stating the cd wouldn't be out till Aug.. only dd till then wow..
any thoughts?

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 18
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 5:23:33 PM   
Erik Rutins

Gentlemen,

It's coming together, we're not kicking back with stogies while you wait. Obviously we're looking into all early Origins reports at the same time and what we can fix before digital download release we will do.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 19
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 5:26:51 PM   
Jaypea

Those origins reports don't looks so bad. Sounds like some easy work arounds until a patch is released. Please don't hold up the DD for any more changes, let try to get it out today!

Anxiously awaiting

JP

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 20
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 5:29:28 PM   
freeboy

Maybe my ? isn't clear.. so are we still looking at this week or is it today.. or is it now some other time frame.. a guess really is ok wit hme since we have only heard DH state next week .. last week
thanks again, I doubt anyone thinks you guys ever kick back... to many games too few 24x7

Post #: 21
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 5:29:41 PM   
jhdeerslayer

Argh... Me thinks this means later then sooner. Thanks for the update nonetheless.

Post #: 22
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 5:29:45 PM   
kaleun

Thanks Eric. I guess.
OOOPS, won't be out this week.
I suspected that they were going to try to fix the "larvae' (not big enough to be bugs)
The selfish people who went to origins just couldn't keep their keyboards quiet, so we all get to wait.

Do you think they did it on purpose? We have it and you don't Neeny Neeny Neeny

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

Post #: 23
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 5:44:11 PM   
MButtazoni

quote:

I suspected that they were going to try to fix the "larvae' (not big enough to be bugs)

we used to call them SSC's (Secondary Software Characteristics)

< Message edited by MButtazoni -- 6/30/2004 9:44:41 AM >

Maurice Buttazoni
Project Coordinator, Playtest Coordinator

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 24
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 5:48:33 PM   
JohnK

quote:

ORIGINAL: kaleun

Thanks Eric. I guess.
The selfish people who went to origins just couldn't keep their keyboards quiet, so we all get to wait.

Crap, I KNEW this would happen (bugs found after the Origins release delaying DD a week or more.) I had a friend going to Origins that I could have given some money to to buy it for me, but based on the overwhelming impression given that the DD would be a few days after Origins I decided not to trouble him (he was busy running long games the entire time).

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 25
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 6:01:30 PM   
Gallaway43

Thanks for the reply Erik but could you give us some idea of when DD will be available so I can take a shower? Also my wife wants to know if I'm going to go to work this week. All I'm looking for is a ballpark. You don't even have to be right. After all, this game was first promised for last spring.

(in reply to JohnK)
Post #: 26
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 6:04:07 PM   
Erik Rutins

Guys, all I can say is we're working as fast as we can. If we can get it out today (and we're trying to), it will be today, if not we're still aiming for a guaranteed release before the end of the week. Things are coming together but we have to make sure everything's squared away before giving you all the green light.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Gallaway43)
Post #: 27
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 6:04:44 PM   
gts2096

I'll take it even with tons of bugs. At least this way i can start reading the manual.

(in reply to Gallaway43)
Post #: 28
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 6:05:39 PM   
Sonny

quote:

ORIGINAL: kaleun

Thanks Eric. I guess.

Ouch - you figured us out! True, i have not really had any problems it was a conspiracy to just post fictitious problems to delay the dd release so we could get the jump on non-Origins folks. We got together at Origins and decided this was such a great game we wanted to keep it to ourselves as long as we possibly could. We didn't know how to do it and then Eric suggested making up fake bugs. We thought you wouldn't find out. But alas...

< Message edited by Sonny -- 6/30/2004 11:05:54 AM >

Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 29
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 6:07:26 PM   
Aelbric

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Guys, all I can say is we're working as fast as we can. If we can get it out today (and we're trying to), it will be today, if not we're still aiming for a guaranteed release before the end of the week. Things are coming together but we have to make sure everything's squared away before giving you all the green light.

Regards,

- Erik

For keeping us in the loop

Maybe making your response a sticky might help...

< Message edited by Aelbric -- 6/30/2004 11:08:23 AM >

Semper Paratus

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> MAtrix? Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI