Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Newbie AAR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Newbie AAR Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Newbie AAR - 6/30/2004 7:43:02 PM   
rroberson

If you sent the turn last nite i didnt receive it :) resend please.

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 31
RE: Newbie AAR - 6/30/2004 8:23:11 PM   
Xargun

While Rob is doing his turn I'll post a small observation I have made.... Japan has 1301 days left to win the war - This will put us in mid '45 and if I haven't won by then, I won't. I am planning all of my strategies for this date (and before), so there will be no ship construction at all after this point - all ships will either be halted or sped up to completion before hand. You can't really speed up LCU and Air Group production so there's nothing I can do there. After a complex look at my ship building list, I may knock 180 more days off that to Jan 1st, 1945 for ship construction but it will depend on what is being built during that time and if I can rush it enough to finish it before then.

There is one little rule I found concerning ship building and ship with days left that is 10 * its durability rating (or higher) automatically builds 1 day for free without any use of shipyard points. So I may be able to stop production on these large units and save Ship points - without actually slowing down production. I will try it out next turn and see if it works like that or not - it will be a pain to keep track of, but it could provide a lot of extra naval ship points that I can use to speed things up.

Xargun

< Message edited by Xargun -- 6/30/2004 6:24:18 PM >

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 32
RE: Newbie AAR - 6/30/2004 8:36:58 PM   
52nd Lowland

Just a thought about the intial start of the Full War campaign.With the benefit of hindsight we all know that the Pearl Harbour Attack force retreated after launching its devastating attack.However most Americans thought that this would be followed up by landings in the Hawaiiinian Islands as well as attacks on the West Coast.Its a pity there is nothing that can be added to put this level of surprise into the start,say randomly giving the Japanese Carrier Fleet full fuel or something like that...
I know im just rambling in anticipation.

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 33
RE: Newbie AAR - 6/30/2004 8:57:12 PM   
Xargun

I'm not really low of fuel (Yet). It only costs me 3 hexes worth of fuel to reach PH on turn 1, but I have a LONG way back home - lots of ocean and limited fuel on board. Its not reaching that target thats a problem on turn 1 - its getting back home - you only have a few Oilers and have to use them for specific fleets..

The KB has some oilers waiting for it, but I might have altered their rendevous point a little too close to home - for safety - so we will see if I can make it home without any trouble or not...

Xargun

(in reply to 52nd Lowland)
Post #: 34
RE: Newbie AAR - 6/30/2004 9:08:39 PM   
52nd Lowland

quote:

ORIGINAL: Xargun

I'm not really low of fuel (Yet). It only costs me 3 hexes worth of fuel to reach PH on turn 1, but I have a LONG way back home - lots of ocean and limited fuel on board. Its not reaching that target thats a problem on turn 1 - its getting back home - you only have a few Oilers and have to use them for specific fleets..

The KB has some oilers waiting for it, but I might have altered their rendevous point a little too close to home - for safety - so we will see if I can make it home without any trouble or not...

Xargun

R u posting while ur playing lol ?

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 35
RE: Newbie AAR - 6/30/2004 9:10:16 PM   
Xargun

quote:

ORIGINAL: 52nd Lowland

quote:

Xargun

No. I usually only post while I'm not playing. I've had it open to check information and to mess around, but not actually playing it. I wouldn't dream of running the turn with anything else open.

Xargun

Post #: 36
RE: Newbie AAR - 6/30/2004 9:13:16 PM   
52nd Lowland

quote:

quote:

quote:

Xargun

No. I usually only post while I'm not playing. I've had it open to check information and to mess around, but not actually playing it. I wouldn't dream of running the turn with anything else open.

Xargun

Sorry i dont understand what u meant by "not playing"? Can u explain that to me

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 37
RE: Newbie AAR - 6/30/2004 9:20:45 PM   
Xargun

quote:

Sorry i dont understand what u meant by "not playing"? Can u explain that to me

Since I'm playing Japan I spend a lot of time looking at my production and working out plans for it - plus planning new invasion and such. SO I will load up my save and just play around with it and then exit (without saving). This way if I make a mistake (which I make plenty of) I am not stuck with it. I also do this to check locations of enemy TFs and such...

I spend a lot of time not playing - just planning and a very short amount of time to actually type the orders in once I'm ready.

Xargun

Post #: 38
8 December 41 - 6/30/2004 10:30:02 PM   
rroberson

Joint Resolution Declaring That a State of War Exists Between The Imperial Government of Japan and the Government And the People of the United States and Making Provisions To Prosecute the Same, 8 December 1941

Whereas the Imperial Government of Japan has committed unprovoked acts of war against the Government and the people of the United States of America:

Therefore be it

Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That the state of war between the United States and the Imperial Government of Japan which has thus been thrust upon the United States is hereby formally declared; and the President is hereby authorized and directed to employ the entire naval and military forces of the United States and the resources of the Government to carry on war against the imperial Government of Japan; and, to bring the conflict to a successful termination, all of the resources of the country are hereby pledged by the Congress of the United States.

Approved, December 8, 1941, 4:10 p.m., E. S. T.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
AUSTRALIA DECLARES WAR ON JAPAN Union of South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Free France declared war on Japan.

"For the first time in the history of the Pacific, armed conflict stalks abroad. No other country than Japan desired war in the Pacific. The responsibility for this actual resort to war is therefore upon Japan.... Australia goes to its battle stations in defense of its very way of living. "

- - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Britain declared war against Japan

In view of these wanton acts of unprovoked aggression, committed in flagrant violation of international law, and particularly of Article 1 of the Third Hague Convention, relative to the opening of hostilities, to which both Japan and the United Kingdom are parties, His Majesty's Ambassador at Tokyo has been instructed to inform the Imperial Japanese Government in the name of His Majesty's Government in the United Kingdom that a state of war exists between the two countries

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
UPI Hawaii has reported a second enemy strike at Pearl Harbor. The attack was not against the harbor itself but rather a small fighter sweep against the airfields. The losses were very small. There has been no confirmation of a carrier strike against friendly merchant shipping off the coast of Hawaii.

AP Manilla has reported a great naval battle north of Lingayen. The American Navy has apparently attempted to break up the landings there. Traffic reports at least 2 hits on enemy cruisers and possibly transports.

Heavy fighting continues to rage in the Philipines as enemy forces have made multiple landings up and down the coasts.

The BBC is reporting that RAF Singapore has scored another major victory against enemy invaders. A massive airstrike hammered a landing force at Kuanian. RAF say they hit a Japanese battleship with no less then 2 torpedoes and multiple bombs. A second strike reported seeing a Japanese battleship burning as they entered the area. Additional hits against Japanese shipping were reported.

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 39
RE: 8 December 41 - 6/30/2004 10:32:00 PM   
kaleun

Allied propaganda running rampant I see.

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 40
RE: 8 December 41 - 7/1/2004 4:38:34 AM   
Xargun

quote:

ORIGINAL: rroberson

Joint Resolution Declaring That a State of War Exists Between The Imperial Government of Japan and the Government And the People of the United States and Making Provisions To Prosecute the Same, 8 December 1941

Whereas the Imperial Government of Japan has committed unprovoked acts of war against the Government and the people of the United States of America:

Therefore be it

Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That the state of war between the United States and the Imperial Government of Japan which has thus been thrust upon the United States is hereby formally declared; and the President is hereby authorized and directed to employ the entire naval and military forces of the United States and the resources of the Government to carry on war against the imperial Government of Japan; and, to bring the conflict to a successful termination, all of the resources of the country are hereby pledged by the Congress of the United States.

Approved, December 8, 1941, 4:10 p.m., E. S. T.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
AUSTRALIA DECLARES WAR ON JAPAN Union of South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Free France declared war on Japan.

"For the first time in the history of the Pacific, armed conflict stalks abroad. No other country than Japan desired war in the Pacific. The responsibility for this actual resort to war is therefore upon Japan.... Australia goes to its battle stations in defense of its very way of living. "

- - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Britain declared war against Japan

In view of these wanton acts of unprovoked aggression, committed in flagrant violation of international law, and particularly of Article 1 of the Third Hague Convention, relative to the opening of hostilities, to which both Japan and the United Kingdom are parties, His Majesty's Ambassador at Tokyo has been instructed to inform the Imperial Japanese Government in the name of His Majesty's Government in the United Kingdom that a state of war exists between the two countries

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
UPI Hawaii has reported a second enemy strike at Pearl Harbor. The attack was not against the harbor itself but rather a small fighter sweep against the airfields. The losses were very small. There has been no confirmation of a carrier strike against friendly merchant shipping off the coast of Hawaii.

AP Manilla has reported a great naval battle north of Lingayen. The American Navy has apparently attempted to break up the landings there. Traffic reports at least 2 hits on enemy cruisers and possibly transports.

Heavy fighting continues to rage in the Philipines as enemy forces have made multiple landings up and down the coasts.

The BBC is reporting that RAF Singapore has scored another major victory against enemy invaders. A massive airstrike hammered a landing force at Kuanian. RAF say they hit a Japanese battleship with no less then 2 torpedoes and multiple bombs. A second strike reported seeing a Japanese battleship burning as they entered the area. Additional hits against Japanese shipping were reported.

And Japan is supposed to be worried about this ??? Especially France declaring war... France declaring war on Japan is kinda like Luxembourg declaring war on the US...

Emperor Xargun

< Message edited by Xargun -- 7/1/2004 2:39:31 AM >

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 41
RE: 8 December 41 - 7/1/2004 5:34:56 AM   
Xargun

Here we go again - Turn 3.. It wasn't too bad I finally took some bases in Malaya (2 in fact) and added another PI base to my collection, but the boys on Wake are still fighting... I think both sides only have sticks and stones left... The USN decided to intervene in Wake, so they will probably be keeping it for the time..

Admiral Nagumo may not be executed now !! He disobey orders (ok I told him to stay) and wrecked further havoc around Pearl.. He raided the port and caught a few BBs napping and put some bombs into them slowing down the repair work.. He also conducted his first City Attack and damaged the Allied repair yards at Pearl as well

Did I mention that Japanese Subs suck.. I've had like 10 attacks on Allied ships: 2 duds, and 8 misses.. not a single hit yet. Something wrong here ?

Not much else to report right now... I'll be back later..

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/09/41
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub attack near Lokai at 112,69

Japanese Ships
SS I-1, hits 1, heavy damage

Allied Ships
DD Hull
DD Dewey
DD Farragut
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASW attack near Lokai at 112,69

Japanese Ships
SS I-1, hits 1, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk

Allied Ships
DD Hull
DD Dewey
DD Farragut
Day Air attack on Singapore , at 23,50

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 19
G3M Nell x 83

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 22

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 4 destroyed, 2 damaged
G3M Nell: 6 damaged

Allied aircraft losses * A little better but still not getting good kills
Buffalo I: 5 destroyed, 2 damaged
Vildebeest IV: 2 destroyed, 6 damaged
Hudson I: 1 destroyed, 1 damaged
Catalina I: 1 destroyed
Swordfish: 1 destroyed

Allied ground losses:
11 casualties reported

Airbase hits 3
Airbase supply hits 3
Runway hits 22

Aircraft Attacking:
10 x G3M Nell bombing at 15000 feet
4 x G3M Nell bombing at 15000 feet
9 x G3M Nell bombing at 15000 feet
3 x G3M Nell bombing at 15000 feet
10 x G3M Nell bombing at 15000 feet
8 x G3M Nell bombing at 15000 feet
2 x G3M Nell bombing at 15000 feet
Day Air attack on Pearl Harbor , at 112,68 * Ooopps…. Did Nagumo stay around
yet a 3rd Day !! Must be trying to make up for before

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 61
D3A Val x 117
B5N Kate x 120

Allied aircraft
F4F-3 Wildcat x 1
P-26A x 2
P-40B Tomahawk x 5

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 2 destroyed
D3A Val: 10 destroyed, 22 damaged
B5N Kate: 11 destroyed, 21 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
F4F-3 Wildcat: 2 destroyed
P-26A: 5 destroyed
P-40B Tomahawk: 6 destroyed, 1 damaged
PBY Catalina: 5 destroyed, 1 damaged
P-36A Mohawk: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged

Allied Ships * Put back those repairs by a few days !!
BB Nevada, Bomb hits 3, heavy damage
AV Tangier, Bomb hits 1
BB Pennsylvania, Bomb hits 2
BB Oklahoma, Bomb hits 2
BB Maryland, Bomb hits 1, Torpedo hits 1, heavy damage
BB California, Bomb hits 1
CA San Francisco, Bomb hits 2, on fire
BB Tennessee, Bomb hits 4, heavy damage
BB West Virginia, Bomb hits 1, heavy damage

Allied ground losses:
54 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Repair Shipyard hits 7 * Actually did more damage than 7 – should help
Slow those repairs even more

Airbase hits 2
Runway hits 25
Port hits 8

Aircraft Attacking:
18 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
20 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
24 x B5N Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
16 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
15 x B5N Kate bombing at 9000 feet
13 x B5N Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
24 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
22 x B5N Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
15 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
22 x B5N Kate bombing at 9000 feet
19 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
20 x B5N Kate bombing at 9000 feet
Day Air attack on TF at 42,63

Japanese aircraft
A5M4 Claude x 6
A6M2 Zero x 11

Allied aircraft
B-17C Fortress x 3

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
B-17C Fortress: 3 damaged

Japanese Ships
CVL Ryujo

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x B-17C Fortress bombing at 1000 feet
Day Air attack on TF, near Kuantan at 24,47 * At least this time I remembered
To assign some LR Cap – didn’t do much, but helped I think

Japanese aircraft
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 5

Allied aircraft
Swordfish x 2
Buffalo I x 11
Vildebeest IV x 3
Blenheim IV x 3
Hudson I x 2

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
Swordfish: 1 damaged
Buffalo I: 2 destroyed, 2 damaged
Vildebeest IV: 1 damaged
Blenheim IV: 1 damaged
Hudson I: 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
CL Jintsu
BB Haruna

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Blenheim IV bombing at 1000 feet
3 x Vildebeest IV bombing at 1000 feet
2 x Swordfish launching torpedoes at 200 feet
2 x Hudson I bombing at 1000 feet
Day Air attack on TF, near Admiralty Islands at 58,84

Allied aircraft
Hudson I x 3

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
PG Choko Maru #2

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Hudson I attacking at 100 feet
Day Air attack on TF at 22,41 * This was probably my only chance at them

Japanese aircraft
Ki-21 Sally x 13

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
BB Prince of Wales
BC Repulse

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 15000 feet
9 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 15000 feet
Day Air attack on TF, near Dadjangas at 41,62 * Baby Carriers can still do some
damage

Japanese aircraft
A5M4 Claude x 6
A6M2 Zero x 12
B5N Kate x 23

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
AK Lepus, Torpedo hits 4, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk
AK Legazpi, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x B5N Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
1 x B5N Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x B5N Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
Day Air attack on TF, near Naga at 44,54

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 26
G4M1 Betty x 46

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
AK Dos Hermanos, Torpedo hits 3, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk
AK Si Kiang, Torpedo hits 3, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk
AK Sarangami, Torpedo hits 3, on fire, heavy damage
AK Elcano, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk
AK Escalante R, Torpedo hits 1
TK Manatawny, Torpedo hits 2

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x G4M1 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
1 x G4M1 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
3 x G4M1 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
2 x G4M1 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet

Japanese aircraft
G4M1 Betty x 20

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
AK Sarangami, on fire, heavy damage
TK Manatawny, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage * This guy is a torpedo
magnet

AK Escalante R, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
AK Governor Wright, Torpedo hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
1 x G4M1 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
3 x G4M1 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet

Japanese aircraft
G3M Nell x 50

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
TK Manatawny, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk
AK Elcano, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk
AK Governor Wright
AK Escalante R, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x G3M Nell bombing at 15000 feet
Day Air attack on Hong Kong , at 43,42 * Bombing Hong Kong is a waste of time

Japanese aircraft
B5N Kate x 3
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 8

Japanese aircraft losses
B5N Kate: 3 damaged

Port hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x B5N Kate bombing at 5000 feet
Day Air attack on Clark Field , at 43,51 * Just a fighter sweep

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 25

Allied aircraft
P-40E Warhawk x 37

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 7 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
P-40E Warhawk: 10 destroyed

Day Air attack on Clark Field , at 43,51 * The real bombing run

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 34
G3M Nell x 44

Allied aircraft
P-40E Warhawk x 32

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged
G3M Nell: 8 destroyed, 2 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
P-40E Warhawk: 11 destroyed, 2 damaged
P-40B Tomahawk: 5 destroyed, 1 damaged
P-35A: 4 destroyed, 1 damaged
B-17C Fortress: 1 destroyed

Allied ground losses:
11 casualties reported

Airbase hits 3
Runway hits 18

Aircraft Attacking:
14 x G3M Nell bombing at 15000 feet

Allied aircraft
Hudson I x 1

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
CL Kashima

Aircraft Attacking:
1 x Hudson I attacking at 100 feet
Day Air attack on TF, near Wake Island at 82,63 * Anyone guess where the US CVs
Are ???

Allied aircraft
SBD Dauntless x 34

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships * Did some good damage to me here since the invasion took too
long

CL Tenryu, Bomb hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
DD Mutsuki, Bomb hits 1, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk I believe
CL Yubari, Bomb hits 4, on fire, heavy damage
CL Tatsuta

Aircraft Attacking:
8 x SBD Dauntless bombing at 2000 feet
1 x SBD Dauntless bombing at 2000 feet
9 x SBD Dauntless bombing at 2000 feet
4 x SBD Dauntless bombing at 2000 feet
Day Air attack on TF, near Pearl Harbor at 112,68

Japanese aircraft
B5N Kate x 10

Allied aircraft
P-40B Tomahawk x 4

Japanese aircraft losses
B5N Kate: 7 destroyed, 4 damaged

Allied Ships
DMS Southard
CA Indianapolis, Torpedo hits 1, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on TF, near Moloaki at 113,68

Japanese aircraft
D3A Val x 8

Japanese aircraft losses
D3A Val: 7 damaged

Allied Ships
DD Cummings
DD Patterson, Bomb hits 1, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
Day Air attack on TF at 112,67

Japanese aircraft
B5N Kate x 13

Japanese aircraft losses
B5N Kate: 4 destroyed, 5 damaged

Allied Ships
DD Conyngham, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
DD Case

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x B5N Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
Day Air attack on TF at 117,65

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 56
D3A Val x 16

Japanese aircraft losses
D3A Val: 16 damaged

Allied Ships
CL Helena, Bomb hits 3, on fire
CL Phoenix, Bomb hits 1
AK Hirondelle, Bomb hits 2, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Time Surface Combat, near Naga at 44,54

Japanese Ships
CL Nagara
DD Yukikaze
DD Tokitsukaze
DD Yamakaze
DD Kawakaze
DD Umikaze
DD Suzukaze
DD Shiokaze

Allied Ships
AK Taurus, Shell hits 7, Torpedo hits 2, and is sunk
Day Time Surface Combat, near Naga at 44,54

Japanese Ships
CL Nagara
DD Yukikaze
DD Tokitsukaze
DD Yamakaze
DD Kawakaze
DD Umikaze
DD Suzukaze
DD Shiokaze

Allied Ships
AK Escalante R, Shell hits 2, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
AK Governor Wright, Shell hits 25, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage * Probably dead
Ground combat at Legaspi

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 2588 troops, 17 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 0 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 77 to 1 (fort level 2)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Legaspi base !!!
Ground combat at Kuantan

Attacking force 26600 troops, 306 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 722 troops, 4 guns, 2 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 307 to 1 (fort level 4)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Kuantan base !!!

Allied aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft losses
Blenheim I: 1 destroyed

Japanese ground losses:
9 casualties reported

Allied ground losses:
28 casualties reported
Guns lost 1
Vehicles lost 1
Ground combat at Hong Kong

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 24528 troops, 330 guns, 17 vehicles

Defending force 13127 troops, 119 guns, 3 vehicles

Allied ground losses:
122 casualties reported
Guns lost 6
Ground combat at Khota Bharu

Attacking force 19730 troops, 247 guns, 15 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 212 to 1 (fort level 4)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Khota Bharu base !!!

Allied aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft losses
Hudson I: 1 destroyed
Ground combat at Davao

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 2959 troops, 28 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 13427 troops, 95 guns, 18 vehicles

Japanese ground losses:
8 casualties reported
Ground combat at Wake Island * Can I borrow an Allied Nuke and just Nuke Wake ?
Did I mention I hate this Island ?

Attacking force 1414 troops, 37 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 1046 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese ground losses:
52 casualties reported

< Message edited by Xargun -- 7/1/2004 3:39:19 AM >

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 42
RE: 8 December 41 - 7/1/2004 6:04:08 AM   
ADavidB

How many sorties worth of ordinance does the KB start out with? What happens if you use it all up on Pearl and the US carriers suddenly show up? (Or are you counting on the Zero fudge factor to allow you to wipe out all attacking US planes even if you can't strike back?)

Dave Baranyi

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 43
RE: 8 December 41 - 7/1/2004 6:25:43 AM   
rroberson

Send me the replay and I can watch it while waiting for the turn....:) then I can turn the turn around to you in about 30 minutes...I have several ops in motion now, not much to do for me this day but sweep up the mess you made at Pearl :)

(in reply to ADavidB)
Post #: 44
RE: 8 December 41 - 7/1/2004 7:07:37 AM   
Xargun

quote:

ORIGINAL: ADavidB

How many sorties worth of ordinance does the KB start out with? What happens if you use it all up on Pearl and the US carriers suddenly show up? (Or are you counting on the Zero fudge factor to allow you to wipe out all attacking US planes even if you can't strike back?)

Dave Baranyi

I don't know the # or how many I have left, buts it worth it to damage / kill these ships while I can and their AA is fairly weak. I won't be doing this in 43-44...

I am not relying on any fudge factor for the Zeros to protect me... It only takes one lucky SBD drive to drop a 1000 lb bomb on Akagi and put her in the shop for 6 months - or even sunk.

Xargun

(in reply to ADavidB)
Post #: 45
RE: Newbie AAR - 7/1/2004 5:14:46 PM   
Xargun

Thought you guys might like a look at the Score Board....

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 46
RE: 9 December 41 - 7/1/2004 10:04:20 PM   
rroberson

Radio Address Delivered by President Roosevelt From Washington, December 9, 1941

The sudden criminal attacks perpetrated by the Japanese in the Pacific provide the climax of a decade of international immorality.

Powerful and resourceful gangsters have banded together to make war upon the whole human race. Their challenge has now been flung at the United States of America. The Japanese have treacher­ously violated the long‑standing peace between us. Many American soldiers and sailors have been killed by enemy action. American ships have been sunk; American airplanes have been destroyed.

The Congress and the people of the United States have accepted that challenge.

Together with other free peoples, we are now fighting to maintain our right to live among our world neighbors in freedom and in common decency, without fear of assault.

- - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Army is reporting that their B-17s struck and destroyed Japanese naval forces attempting to invade Wake Island. Unnamed Army sources report the heavy bombers struck the Japanese task force just after sunrise this morning sinking 2 cruisers and heavily damaging at least 2 destroyers. It was not known if any transports were attacked in the morning raid.

UPI Hawaii is quoting naval sources regarding this morning's raid over the harbor as..."futile." The same navy sources say that "you can bomb burned out ships over and over again, but it's not like they will sink any deeper in the harbor." Enemy repeat strikes against what's left in the shipping in the harbor only resulted in the destruction of enemy pilots, the abilty to defend American assets there was not diminished.

The BBC is reporting that this morning's Japanese raid against Singapore was ineffective. The majority of the RAF was away from the field enroute to an airstrike against a Japanese task force.

Published reports out of Berlin say that the Kriegsmarine has been ordered to attack American shipping by Adolf Hitler.

The AP is reporting that CINCPAC reportedly has made contact with the defenders of Wake Island today...allegedly the Commander Wake Island's one request was...

"Send more Japs"[image][/image]

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rroberson -- 7/1/2004 8:05:50 PM >

(in reply to ADavidB)
Post #: 47
10 December 41 - 7/2/2004 1:05:44 AM   
Xargun

Well another day came and went with Japan making strides forward on all fronts. The IJN lost its first combat ship to a followup air strike from the USN CV TF off the coast of Wake. The CL Tenryu was lost with all hands. The badly damaged MSW Toushima was lost today as it attempted to crawl back home after yesterday's punishing air attack. Her escorts rescued most of her crew before she sank.

Two more IJN subs were lost to US ASW forces and another IJN sub had a perfect target all lined up only to miss yet again. The track record for the IJN Subs has been very disappointing so far.

The Allied AK Governor Wright finally succumbed to battle from yesterday and was seen sinking beneath the waves.

IJN air forces have accounted for five more Allied Destroyers today, as well as an AK, AVD, AS and an AV, leaving the Allied forces a little shorthanded on the specialty ships in the SRA.

You guys should see the herd of Subs Rob has fleeing Manilla... and oddly they went north around the PI instead of south... He must be trying to get them into position around Japan... [Herd = 12+]

But on to the fun....

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/10/41
ASW attack at 47,48

Japanese Ships
PC Ch 32
PC Ch 18
PC Ch 17
PC Ch 16
PC Ch 15
PC Ch 14
PC Ch 13
PC Takunan Maru #5
PC Shonan Maru #17
MSW W.19
MSW W.16
MSW W.15

Allied Ships
SS Seadragon
ASW attack at 83,66 * AT least my ASW is LOOKING like its working

Japanese Ships
DD Mochizuki
DD Yayoi
DD Kisaragi

Allied Ships
SS Triton
ASW attack at 84,64

Japanese Ships
SS RO-60, hits 1, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk

Allied Ships
DD Porter
DD Flusser
DD Lamson
DD Drayton
DD Mahan
CA Astoria
CA Chicago
CA Portland
ASW attack at 112,67

Japanese Ships
SS I-9, hits 2, on fire

Allied Ships * These little ASW ships will pay
DD Shaw
DD Case
TF 15 troops unloading over beach at Makin, 85,89

Japanese ground losses:
22 casualties reported
TF 94 troops unloading over beach at Admiralty Islands, 58,84

Japanese ground losses:
85 casualties reported
TF 94 troops unloading over beach at Admiralty Islands, 58,84

Japanese ground losses:
13 casualties reported
Sub attack at 84,65

Japanese Ships
SS RO-61, hits 2, on fire * Sunk

Allied Ships
DD Drayton
DD Porter
DD Flusser
DD Lamson
DD Mahan
Day Air attack on Manila, at 43,52

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 48
G3M Nell x 36

Allied aircraft
P-40B Tomahawk x 3
P-40E Warhawk x 11

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 2 destroyed
G3M Nell: 4 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
P-40B Tomahawk: 8 destroyed
P-40E Warhawk: 29 destroyed

Runway hits 2

Aircraft Attacking:
24 x G3M Nell bombing at 15000 feet
Day Air attack on TF, near Vigan at 44,49

Allied aircraft
B-17C Fortress x 2

Allied aircraft losses
B-17C Fortress: 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
CL Naka

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x B-17C Fortress bombing at 1000 feet
Day Air attack on TF, near Boac at 43,54

Allied aircraft
B-17C Fortress x 3

Allied aircraft losses
B-17C Fortress: 2 damaged

Japanese Ships
CL Nagara

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on TF at 83,68

Allied aircraft
SBD Dauntless x 32

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
CL Tenryu, Bomb hits 5, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk

Aircraft Attacking:
7 x SBD Dauntless bombing at 2000 feet
9 x SBD Dauntless bombing at 2000 feet
Day Air attack on TF, near Kuantan at 24,47

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 2

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 14
Vildebeest IV x 3
Blenheim IV x 3
Hudson I x 3

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
Buffalo I: 1 damaged
Vildebeest IV: 2 destroyed

Japanese Ships
AP Ryoyo Maru, Bomb hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Hudson I bombing at 1000 feet

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 1

Allied aircraft
Hudson I x 3

No Japanese losses

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
AP Sanura Maru, Bomb hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on TF at 39,61

Japanese aircraft
A5M4 Claude x 6
A6M2 Zero x 9
B5N Kate x 30

Japanese aircraft losses
B5N Kate: 2 damaged

Allied Ships
AV Langley, Torpedo hits 4, on fire, heavy damage
AVD Childs, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk
AS Holland, Torpedo hits 3, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on TF, near Moloaki at 113,68 * Some parting shots by KB

Japanese aircraft
D3A Val x 38
B5N Kate x 72

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
DD Cummings, Bomb hits 11, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk
DD Jarvis, Bomb hits 9, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk

Aircraft Attacking:
1 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
1 x B5N Kate bombing at 9000 feet
2 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 9000 feet
3 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
2 x B5N Kate bombing at 9000 feet
Day Air attack on TF, near Lokai at 112,69 * The KB strikes again

Japanese aircraft
D3A Val x 15
B5N Kate x 28

Japanese aircraft losses
D3A Val: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged
B5N Kate: 2 destroyed

Allied Ships
DD Dewey
DD Farragut, Bomb hits 5, on fire, heavy damage
DD Hull, Bomb hits 2, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x B5N Kate bombing at 9000 feet
Day Air attack on Clark Field , at 43,51

Japanese aircraft
G3M Nell x 34

Allied aircraft
P-35A x 1
P-40E Warhawk x 5

Japanese aircraft losses
G3M Nell: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged

Runway hits 4

Aircraft Attacking:

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 2

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 14
Vildebeest IV x 2
Blenheim IV x 2
Hudson I x 2

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
Buffalo I: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
AP Zenyo Maru
AP Hinko Maru
PG Uji, Bomb hits 1, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x Blenheim IV bombing at 1000 feet
2 x Vildebeest IV bombing at 1000 feet
Day Air attack on TF, near Davao at 41,61

Japanese aircraft
A5M4 Claude x 6
A6M2 Zero x 12
B5N Kate x 16

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
AK Mauban, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk
AK Montanes, Torpedo hits 1, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on TF, near Tacloban at 44,58

Japanese aircraft
B5N Kate x 9

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
AK Latouche, Bomb hits 1, on fire
AK Kanlaon II, Bomb hits 2, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:
1 x B5N Kate bombing at 5000 feet
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 5000 feet
Day Air attack on TF at 39,61

Japanese aircraft
G3M Nell x 6

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
AV Langley, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on TF at 112,67

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 56
D3A Val x 71
B5N Kate x 72

Japanese aircraft losses
B5N Kate: 1 damaged

Allied Ships
DD Shaw, Bomb hits 2, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk
DD Case, Bomb hits 2, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x D3A Val bombing at 2000 feet
Ground combat at Nanning

Attacking force 12363 troops, 148 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 21821 troops, 112 guns, 0 vehicles

Allied ground losses:
13 casualties reported

Attacking force 36896 troops, 481 guns, 17 vehicles

Defending force 13024 troops, 116 guns, 2 vehicles

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 5

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 1 (fort level 5)

Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 5

Japanese ground losses:
132 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Allied ground losses:
213 casualties reported
Guns lost 12
Ground combat at Davao

Attacking force 9114 troops, 79 guns, 18 vehicles

Defending force 3868 troops, 41 guns, 1 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 3 to 1 (fort level 2)

Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 1

Japanese ground losses:
345 casualties reported
Guns lost 8

Allied ground losses:
97 casualties reported
Guns lost 8
Vehicles lost 1
Ground combat at Alor Star

Attacking force 17627 troops, 174 guns, 4 vehicles

Ground combat at Davao

Attacking force 2944 troops, 28 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 13084 troops, 84 guns, 17 vehicles
Ground combat at San Marcelino * Parachute Attack

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 948 troops, 6 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 4778 troops, 45 guns, 1 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 0 to 1 (fort level 3)

Japanese ground losses:
270 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Allied ground losses:
8 casualties reported
Ground combat at Makin

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 1060 troops, 13 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 60 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Makin base !!!

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 48
RE: 10 December 41 - 7/2/2004 3:11:24 AM   
rroberson

UNITED STATES PACIFIC FLEET
AIRCRAFT, BATTLE FORCE
BOMBING SQUADRON SIX
U. S. S. ENTERPRISE,
At sea,
10 December 1941.
To: Commander, Bombing Squadron SIX.

Subject: Contact with Enemy Cruiser, 10 December 1941.

On Wednesday, 10 December 1941, at 0617, 6-B-17, Lieut. (jg) E.L. ANDERSON, USN., pilot and MASON, S.J. Jr., RM3c, USN., passenger, scouting 40 miles south of the ENTERPRISE at 300 feet sighted wake made by enemy cruiser. The vessel was smoking and sitting heavy in the water. I pulled up to 800 feet over the enemy and released a 1000 pound bomb which was seen to explode approximately 50 feet aft and somewhat to port of the cruisers bridge. The rest of my squadron made their runs and as we departed the vessel was dead in the water and burning.
(Signed) E.L. ANDERSON

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 49
RE: 10 December 41 - 7/2/2004 3:13:55 AM   
rroberson

CINCPAC has reported that communcations with Wake Island have been reestablished and the atoll is free of enemy soldiers. CINCPAC cautions that Wake, being located on the edge of the enemy's fledgling empire will no doubt be the focus of many more battles to come.

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 50
RE: Newbie AAR - 7/2/2004 4:42:52 AM   
Xargun

Well guys Rob & I are getting some hard core gaming done today as here is another turn. This turn was pretty slow with not much happening, only a couple ships sunk.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/11/41
Night Time Surface Combat at 40,62

Japanese Ships
BB Nagato
BB Fuso
BB Yamashiro
BB Ise
BB Hyuga
DD Mikazuki
DD Sawakaze
DD Yakaze
DD Yukaze
DD Wakatake
DD Kuretake
DD Sanae

Allied Ships
PG Isabel, Shell hits 9, and is sunk
PG Asheville, Shell hits 7, on fire, heavy damage
PG Tulsa, Shell hits 5, and is sunk
Night Time Surface Combat at 40,62

Japanese Ships
BB Nagato
BB Fuso
BB Yamashiro
BB Ise
BB Hyuga
DD Mikazuki
DD Sawakaze
DD Yakaze
DD Yukaze
DD Wakatake
DD Kuretake
DD Sanae

Allied Ships
PG Asheville, and is sunk
Sub attack at 28,44

Japanese Ships
AP Haguro Maru, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk

Allied Ships
SS KXII
TF 135 troops unloading over beach at Nauru Island, 79,91

Japanese ground losses:
95 casualties reported
TF 135 troops unloading over beach at Nauru Island, 79,91

Japanese ground losses:
9 casualties reported
Day Air attack on Manila , at 43,52

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 9
G4M1 Betty x 19

Japanese aircraft losses
G4M1 Betty: 3 damaged

Allied ground losses:
10 casualties reported

Airbase hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
3 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet

Allied aircraft
Hudson I x 3

Allied aircraft losses
Hudson I: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
PG Choko Maru #2

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x Hudson I attacking at 100 feet

Allied aircraft
B-17C Fortress x 3

Allied aircraft losses

Japanese Ships
BB Ise

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on TF, near Davao at 41,61

Japanese aircraft
A5M4 Claude x 2
A6M2 Zero x 12
B5N Kate x 16

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
AK Montanes, Torpedo hits 5, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied aircraft
Hudson I x 3

Allied aircraft losses

Japanese Ships
PG Saga, Bomb hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
Naval bombardment of Jolo, at 38,59

Japanese Ships
DD Kamo
DD Kiji
DD Kari
DD Kasasagi
CL Isuzu
CL Kashii

Allied ground losses:
14 casualties reported

Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 4
Port hits 1
Port fuel hits 4
Port supply hits 1
TF 43 troops unloading over beach at Morotai, 43,68

Japanese ground losses:
73 casualties reported
Ground combat at Admiralty Islands

Attacking force 2403 troops, 5 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 18 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Admiralty Islands base !!!
Ground combat at Nauru Island

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 1734 troops, 10 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 56 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Nauru Island base !!!

Attacking force 36887 troops, 482 guns, 17 vehicles

Defending force 12840 troops, 105 guns, 2 vehicles

Allied ground losses:
37 casualties reported
Guns lost 3
Ground combat at Davao

Attacking force 8680 troops, 68 guns, 17 vehicles

Defending force 3765 troops, 32 guns, 0 vehicles

Allied ground losses:
14 casualties reported
Ground combat at Alor Star

Attacking force 17656 troops, 176 guns, 4 vehicles

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 4

Japanese assault odds: 467 to 1 (fort level 4)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Alor Star base !!!
Ground combat at Davao

Attacking force 2944 troops, 28 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 13090 troops, 87 guns, 17 vehicles

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 51
RE: Newbie AAR - 7/2/2004 5:09:04 AM   
Raverdave

It will be interesting to see if Xargun makes the mistake that I think most first time IJN players will, and that is to try and do too much at once. The temptation is there as the IJN to try for Malaya, PI, the South pacific, Borneo and even the DEI all at once.

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 52
11 December 1941 - 7/2/2004 6:08:38 AM   
rroberson

The German representatives handed to Mr. Atherton a copy of a note that is being delivered this morning, December 11, to the American Chargé d'Affaires in Berlin. Dr. Thomsen said that Germany considers herself in a state of war with the United States

- - - - - - - - - -
PRESIDENT ROOSEVELT'S MESSAGE TO CONGRESS

On the morning of 11 December, the Government of Germany, pursuing its course of world conquest, declared war against the United States.
The long-known and the long-expected has thus taken place. The forces endeavoring to enslave the entire world now are moving toward this hemisphere.
Never before has there been a greater challenge to life, liberty, and civilization.
Delay invites greater danger. Rapid and united effort by all of the peoples of the world who are determined to remain free will ensure a world victory of the forces of justice and of righteousness over the forces of savagery and of barbarism.
Italy also has declared war against the United States.
I therefore request the Congress to recognize a state of war between the United States and Germany, and between the United States and Italy

- - - - - - - - - -

BBC is reporting that British forces are heavily engaged in and around Hong Kong. Royal Navy forces have already departed the area and it is unlikely the Hong Kong defenders will last much past Christmas.

RAF Singapore reportedly gave their pilots the day off after 5 straight days of hammering the enemy fleet north of the city.

Reuters Manilla is reporting that the last of the American Navy in the Philippines has been destroyed. Three American PGs attacked a Japanese Battlegroup off of Davao.

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 53
RE: 11 December 1941 - 7/2/2004 6:11:30 AM   
Raverdave

quote:

ORIGINAL: rroberson

- - - - - - - - - -

BBC is reporting that British forces are heavily engaged in and around Hong Kong.

Typical pommie bias........what about the poor canadians whom are taking the brunt of the fighting in HK ?

< Message edited by Raverdave -- 7/2/2004 10:35:04 PM >

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 54
RE: 12 December 1941 - 7/3/2004 12:21:53 AM   
rroberson

GREAT VICTORY in the Philippines!

AP Manilla is reporting a huge Allied victory in the Northern part of the islands. Filipino troops of the 32st PA Division drove the Japanese near Lingayen. A fierce bombardment battle had raged for days before the order was given my Major General Estancia to "fix bayonets and kill everything in front of you." The remnents of the the enemy forces were sent fleeing east into the hills.

Haiti, Panama, and Honduras declared war against Germany and Italy.

Franklin D. Roosevelt: 1933-1945
An Excerpt from the Press Conference
December 12, 1941

Q. Mr. President, is the garrison at Wake Island still holding out?

THE PRESIDENT: So far as we know, Wake Island is holding out -it has done a perfectly magnificent job. We are all very proud of that very small group of marines who are holding the Island. We have no further information today. They are holding out. We knew that very early this morning ....

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 55
RE: 12 December 1941 - 7/3/2004 12:28:59 AM   
kaleun

quote:

Haiti, Panama, and Honduras declared war against Germany and Italy.

"Mein Fuhrer: Haiti, Panama and Honduras have declared war on us"

"Schnell! Send one soldier inmediately to the Atlantic Wall"

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 56
RE: Newbie AAR - 7/3/2004 12:41:07 AM   
Xargun

quote:

ORIGINAL: Raverdave

It will be interesting to see if Xargun makes the mistake that I think most first time IJN players will, and that is to try and do too much at once. The temptation is there as the IJN to try for Malaya, PI, the South pacific, Borneo and even the DEI all at once.

Thats what I'm finding is the hard thing... to have patience.. I have the transport ability to invade a lot of places... and I really want too... but I know I have to hold off and wait... Its tough...

Xargun

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 57
RE: Newbie AAR - 7/3/2004 1:28:28 AM   
Xargun

Well another day goes by - a day of not much happening.. The slowest day of the war so far.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/12/41
TF 43 troops unloading over beach at Morotai, 43,68

Japanese ground losses:
28 casualties reported

Japanese Ships
DD Kamo
DD Kiji
DD Kari
DD Kasasagi
CL Isuzu
CL Kashii

Allied ground losses:
49 casualties reported
Guns lost 1
Vehicles lost 1

Airbase hits 1
Runway hits 12
Port hits 2
Port supply hits 1
Sub attack at 36,43

Japanese Ships
AP Koan Maru, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS O19

Japanese ground losses:
70 casualties reported
Day Air attack on Clark Field , at 43,51

Japanese aircraft
G4M1 Betty x 23

Allied aircraft
P-26A x 1
P-35A x 1
P-40B Tomahawk x 1
P-40E Warhawk x 17

Japanese aircraft losses
G4M1 Betty: 33 destroyed, 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
P-40E Warhawk: 1 damaged

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 12

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 9
Blenheim IV x 3

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
Day Air attack on TF at 32,65

Japanese aircraft
B5N Kate x 16

Japanese aircraft losses
B5N Kate: 1 damaged

Allied Ships
TK Mindanao, Bomb hits 2, on fire
AO Trinity, Bomb hits 2, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:
Naval bombardment of Sandakan, at 36,58

Japanese Ships
DD Shiokaze
DD Suzukaze
DD Umikaze
DD Kawakaze
DD Yamakaze
DD Tokitsukaze
DD Yukikaze
CL Nagara

Port hits 7
Port fuel hits 1
Port supply hits 1

Japanese Ships
DD Kamo
DD Kiji
DD Kari
DD Kasasagi
CL Isuzu
CL Kashii

Allied ground losses:
7 casualties reported

Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 5
Port fuel hits 1
Port supply hits 1
Ground combat at Morotai

Attacking force 1854 troops, 17 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 59 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Morotai base !!!
Ground combat at Changsha

Attacking force 40083 troops, 494 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 27465 troops, 202 guns, 0 vehicles

Allied ground losses:
141 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Attacking force 37065 troops, 487 guns, 17 vehicles

Defending force 12849 troops, 101 guns, 2 vehicles

Allied ground losses:
262 casualties reported
Guns lost 13
Ground combat at Kuantan

Attacking force 26434 troops, 307 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 7625 troops, 46 guns, 0 vehicles

Allied ground losses:
60 casualties reported
Guns lost 4
Ground combat at Davao

Attacking force 8703 troops, 69 guns, 17 vehicles

Defending force 3765 troops, 32 guns, 0 vehicles

Allied ground losses:
8 casualties reported
Guns lost 1
Ground combat at San Marcelino

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 4094 troops, 39 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 587 troops, 3 guns, 0 vehicles

Allied assault odds: 66 to 1

Japanese ground losses:
43 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Allied ground losses:
26 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Defeated Japanese Units Retreating! * They had orders to move anyways

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 58
RE: Newbie AAR - 7/3/2004 1:37:39 AM   
Xargun

Another day - this time the Allies do pretty good.. The damn dutch submarines strike fast and hard, sending a couple ships to the bottom of the ocean. The Dutch are so bold the surfaced and used their damn HMG on an AK ripping holes in it. Then just to be mean, the fired 2 torps into it too...

Damage from the past couple turns claim a USN DD, as well as an IJN AK and unfortunately the CL Yubari (hit near Wake by USN CVs) - I was hoping he'd make it to port, but I guess not.

Rob committed a night time raid on Kuantan and bagged himself an AK and a bombardment out of it. His DDs returned to Singapore before my planes could say hi.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/13/41
Sub attack at 58,45

Japanese Ships
AK Hitati Maru, Shell hits 7, Torpedo hits 1, on fire

Allied Ships
SS Saury
Sub attack at 104,66 * Another miss by my subs.. they are 0 / 12

Japanese Ships
SS I-22

Allied Ships
DMS Elliot
DMS Long

Night Time Surface Combat, near Kuantan at 24,47

Japanese Ships
AP Ryoyo Maru, Shell hits 1, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
AP Sanura Maru, Shell hits 2

Allied Ships
DD Scout
DD Thanet
DD Thracian, Shell hits 1
Naval bombardment of Sandakan, at 36,58

Japanese Ships
DD Shiokaze
DD Suzukaze
DD Umikaze
DD Yamakaze
DD Tokitsukaze
DD Yukikaze
CL Nagara

Port hits 3
Port supply hits 9
Naval bombardment of Kuantan, at 24,47

Allied Ships
DD Thracian
DD Thanet
DD Scout

Japanese ground losses:
12 casualties reported
ASW attack at 56,45

Japanese Ships
PC Ch 10
PC Ch 6
PC Ch 5
PC Ch 4
DD Inazuma

Allied Ships
SS Sculpin
Sub attack at 25,47

Japanese Ships
AP Sanura Maru, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS KXI
Day Air attack on Manila , at 43,52

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 9
G4M1 Betty x 31

Japanese aircraft losses
G4M1 Betty: 1 damaged

Allied ground losses:
13 casualties reported

Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 2

Aircraft Attacking:
7 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
6 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
6 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet

Allied aircraft
Martin 139 x 5
B-17C Fortress x 3

Allied aircraft losses
Martin 139: 5 damaged

Japanese Ships
BB Nagato
BB Ise

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x Martin 139 bombing at 1000 feet
1 x Martin 139 bombing at 1000 feet
Day Air attack on TF, near Jolo at 38,59

Allied aircraft
T.IVa x 4
Hudson I x 2

Allied aircraft losses
T.IVa: 2 damaged

Japanese Ships
AP Kiyama Maru
PG Busho Maru

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x T.IVa bombing at 1000 feet
Day Air attack on TF, near Tarakan at 33,61

Japanese aircraft
A5M4 Claude x 1
A6M2 Zero x 8
B5N Kate x 17

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
AK Pasir, Torpedo hits 5, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk
AK Sipirok, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
Sub attack at 25,47

Japanese Ships
AP Sanura Maru, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk

Allied Ships
SS KXI
TF 155 troops unloading over beach at Jolo, 38,59

Japanese ground losses:
288 casualties reported
Ground combat at Changsha

Attacking force 40236 troops, 495 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 27317 troops, 198 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 1 (fort level 3)

Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 2

Japanese ground losses:
965 casualties reported
Guns lost 35

Allied ground losses:
148 casualties reported
Guns lost 3
Ground combat at Nanning

Attacking force 12457 troops, 151 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 21910 troops, 113 guns, 0 vehicles

Allied ground losses:
20 casualties reported

Attacking force 37283 troops, 489 guns, 17 vehicles

Defending force 12614 troops, 91 guns, 2 vehicles

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 4

Japanese assault odds: 3 to 1 (fort level 4)

Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 4

Japanese ground losses:
161 casualties reported
Guns lost 6
Vehicles lost 1

Allied ground losses:
191 casualties reported
Guns lost 11
Ground combat at Yenen

Attacking force 37221 troops, 437 guns, 20 vehicles

Ground combat at Kuantan

Attacking force 26386 troops, 305 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 7680 troops, 43 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 7 to 1

Japanese ground losses:
188 casualties reported
Guns lost 9

Allied ground losses:
58 casualties reported
Guns lost 3

Defeated Allied Units Retreating!
Ground combat at Tavoy

Attacking force 21736 troops, 250 guns, 17 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 1032 to 1 (fort level 2)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Tavoy base !!!
Ground combat at Davao

Attacking force 8729 troops, 71 guns, 17 vehicles

Defending force 3764 troops, 32 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 5 to 1 (fort level 1)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Davao base !!!

Japanese ground losses:
276 casualties reported
Guns lost 11

Allied ground losses:
50 casualties reported

Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 59
13 December 1941 - 7/3/2004 4:30:51 AM   
rroberson

BBC Singapore is reporting that a trio of Royal Navy destroyers made itself known overnight. Darting across enemy waters they engaged and destroyed 2 enemy transports and then turned and bombarded ground forces moving south towards Singapore.

Royal Navy officials report intercepting Japanese message traffic regarding the chaos Dutch submarines have been causing since the outbreak of the war. Apparently the enemy has been forced to several ASW task forces to deal with the Dutch threat. Good show to our brothers of the Dutch Navy!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Newbie AAR Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI