Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: MAtrix?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: MAtrix? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 8:49:49 PM   
52nd Lowland

quote:

ORIGINAL: kaleun

Actually, at home while I wait, I fortify myself with a tot of Laphroaig. Just to tide me along you see.

I'll have to be content watching the Euro 2004 game between Portugal and Holland...with one eye on the email in case the DD ready is posted on the forums

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 61
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 8:53:44 PM   
Grell

Hey Lowland,

I was all beefed up for a good Euro 2004 until my two teams (France and England) got the heave. Sort of lost it's lustre after that!

(in reply to 52nd Lowland)
Post #: 62
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 9:00:08 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpwife

As far as money is concerned, not as rich as I would like to be. Unfortunately I still need to work. Am rich in other ways, however. A happy husband is a good thing, even if it means only seeing the back of his head staring into a computer screen for days and nights on end.

Umm...I dont wanna be too straightforward or anything, but...umm....can you guys adopt me??!!

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to witpwife)
Post #: 63
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 9:07:35 PM   
52nd Lowland

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grell

Hey Lowland,

I was all beefed up for a good Euro 2004 until my two teams (France and England) got the heave. Sort of lost it's lustre after that!

Yeah a bit strange the major teams (Italy,Spain,England,France etc) are out when you would have put money on them being in the competition a bit longer.Oops forgot Germany as well..

(in reply to Grell)
Post #: 64
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 9:08:06 PM   
GameTester

Go Greece!

"I want, I want, gimme, gimme, gimme, I need, I need!"

Bob Wiley from What About Bob?

Post #: 65
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 9:09:54 PM   
Grell

Hi Lowland,

Ya, go figure, but that's football, tis the nature of the beast.

GameTester,

I wish your team the best of luck!

Post #: 66
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 9:11:35 PM   
52nd Lowland

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grell

Hi Lowland,

Ya, go figure, but that's football, tis the nature of the beast.

GameTester,

I wish your team the best of luck!

Mmmm as Scotland didnt even qualify ill have to go for...............cant decide who i want to win.

(in reply to Grell)
Post #: 67
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 9:14:46 PM   
Grell

Haha,

Lowland, you're of the same mindset as me! That's why I gave up watching, France didn't seem to want to win and England played so well, to see them both go was just one step closer to a coronary for me.

Post #: 68
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 9:21:13 PM   
Tenzan

quote:

ORIGINAL: barbarrossa

Personally I'm waiting till the first issues are ironed out, I don't think that will be a very long wait all the same.

I'd considered doing this, as well, but...I'm just too darned impatient..I'll surely hold off PBEM until a patch or two, but, the game's a must have. From the manual to the practice games, I want to jump right in.

< Message edited by Tenzan -- 6/30/2004 1:21:33 PM >

(in reply to barbarrossa)
Post #: 69
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 9:22:28 PM   
Andy Mac

Scotland only didna qualify as we didna want tae humiliate all the other teams with our wonderful football...;)

<awakens from a wonderfull sleep....>

(in reply to Grell)
Post #: 70
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 9:23:18 PM   
Onime No Kyo

Not having even seen a soccer ball in 10 years, my opinion on the subject is rather irrelevant. But for what its worth, I was rooting for Russia. No big surprise as to their fate, however. Now if soccer was played on skates.....

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Grell)
Post #: 71
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 9:24:43 PM   
Grell

LOL@Andy!

That's the style!

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 72
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 10:36:23 PM   
52nd Lowland

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

Scotland only didna qualify as we didna want tae humiliate all the other teams with our wonderful football...;)

Exactly that would put all the rest of the teams off.By playing crap we are lulling all the other teams into a false sense of security just waiting for the right moment to strike

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 73
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 10:41:23 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: 52nd Lowland

quote:

Exactly that would put all the rest of the teams off.By playing crap we are lulling all the other teams into a false sense of security just waiting for the right moment to strike

Obiously the Scotts are the most optimistic people on earth. At least the Russians have a relistic view of things. There's an old soccer joke....

A Brazilian, a Brit and a Russian go to see God....

<Brazilian> Lord, when will Brazil win the World Cup again?
<God> Next year.
<Brit> Lord, when will England win the World Cup?
<God> My child, you will not live that long.
<Russian> Lord, when will Russia win the World Cup?
<God> My child, even I will not live that long.

Post #: 74
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 10:47:26 PM   
captskillet

Boy I know the end of the World must be near when I'm sitting here reading about soccer...........I must be bored to tears waitng .........now if you guys want to talk about real football........... you could just substitute the Cowboys, 49ers and the Saints in the joke and it would still work!!!!!

< Message edited by captskillet -- 6/30/2004 2:49:32 PM >

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 75
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 10:48:39 PM   
Onime No Kyo

Got news for ya Cap......soccer is the REAL football. We Americans are the ones that are all mixed up.

(in reply to captskillet)
Post #: 76
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 11:01:29 PM   
ggallagher

With all due respect, and not to start an off-topic flame war while we wait for WITP DD, I really get sick & tired of this self-deprecating %^&$#! that "REAL" football is soccer. Why do we have to always get into this "mine is bigger than yours" garbage.?

AGREED: SOCCER actually use feet as an intrinsic part of the game, more so than football.
AGREED: More people globally watch/play soccer than football

However, I've never been one to value ANYTHING on the basis of how many other people watch/play/read/eat something. Example: More people watch AMerican Idol than the History Channel.

While soccer isn't my cup of tea and I much prefer American football, I don't feel compelled to somehow denigrate soccer and it's fans, nor self-deprecate myself and my fellow ugly Americvans as to how inferior our tastes are as compared to the more refined tastes of the rest of the world.

'nuff said?

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 77
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 11:05:16 PM   
Grell

Sounds fair to me GGallagher,

It's apples and oranges really.

(in reply to ggallagher)
Post #: 78
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 11:58:36 PM   
Andy Mac

quote:

ORIGINAL: ggallagher

With all due respect, and not to start an off-topic flame war while we wait for WITP DD, I really get sick & tired of this self-deprecating %^&$#! that "REAL" football is soccer. Why do we have to always get into this "mine is bigger than yours" garbage.?

AGREED: SOCCER actually use feet as an intrinsic part of the game, more so than football.
AGREED: More people globally watch/play soccer than football

However, I've never been one to value ANYTHING on the basis of how many other people watch/play/read/eat something. Example: More people watch AMerican Idol than the History Channel.

While soccer isn't my cup of tea and I much prefer American football, I don't feel compelled to somehow denigrate soccer and it's fans, nor self-deprecate myself and my fellow ugly Americvans as to how inferior our tastes are as compared to the more refined tastes of the rest of the world.

'nuff said?

All I said was that Scotland is the greatest football team in the world .....I may be dreaming but hey Im Scottish we are allowed to be optimists..

p.s. I think there is even a Scottish American Football Team and they cant be THAT bad that their worse than the football team :)

(in reply to ggallagher)
Post #: 79
RE: MAtrix? - 7/1/2004 12:02:53 AM   
kaleun

We'll never get out of here, We'll die in Casablanca (This forum)

The plane to Lisbon, Want to be in it?

I don't know what's in Lisbon?

The download

-If the director of Casablanca was a grog-

< Message edited by kaleun -- 6/30/2004 4:03:14 PM >

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 80
RE: MAtrix? - 7/1/2004 12:05:15 AM   
ggallagher

Andy:

Not trying to start a football war...mostly just an overdose of caffeine and an underdose of WitP wearing down by defenses.

As to my own predelictions, recently I have found that downing a fine single malt is the best - maybe the only - way to follow the travails of my own favorite team, the NY Giants....but with the new season coming up, hope (once again) springs eternal....

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 81
RE: MAtrix? - 7/1/2004 12:05:48 AM   
freeboy

hey k,
Don't you wish you would have sent off a check to Xargun at Origins??? I do.. I thought for sure this would be out.. so my time today has been really unproductive

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 82
RE: MAtrix? - 7/1/2004 12:06:53 AM   
kaleun

You bet, we could have started already!

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 83
RE: MAtrix? - 7/1/2004 12:11:11 AM   
freeboy

We would have started Last Friday..I am actually surprised by this.. or I would have followed through with Mr. X.. maybe we can stop laughing about the post about ebay.. what do you think it would go for today 500.00?

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 84
RE: MAtrix? - 7/1/2004 12:13:22 AM   
kaleun

We may actually end up crashing this forum if this keeps up. You seen the list at the top?
Keeps getting thicker.
If it is not out by tomorrow at 300 PM then there is no way for me to get it before tuesday.
I'm going off to Santa Fe with the missus.
I'll check out the Bataan museum, and get a better pic for my thing.

Sun Tzu

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 85
RE: MAtrix? - 7/1/2004 12:15:24 AM   
freeboy

Yey.. I am supposed to go to the hills.. but was thinking about being geekie and staying home

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 86
RE: MAtrix? - 7/1/2004 12:20:16 AM   
captskillet

A nice single malt such a Glen Fidych (sp?) would be fine but there is sometimes only some good ole Harrison County (deep E Texas) corn squeezins/white lightning will do...of course this is what it may do to ur head !!!!

"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

(in reply to ggallagher)
Post #: 87
RE: MAtrix? - 7/1/2004 12:38:11 AM   
Andy Mac

18 year old Talisker ...accept no substitutes...;)

(in reply to captskillet)
Post #: 88
RE: MAtrix? - 7/1/2004 12:56:14 AM   
Guderon

quote:

Geez.... I've been lurking on this (and several other) game sites for years, and it took the EXCRUCIATING pain of this interminable wait to bring me out. I've been wargaming for 34 years and computer wargaming for as long as there's been home computers, but I've NEVER wanted a game to arrive as badly as I want this one.

BTW, Tasker ain't bad, but give me 16 year old Lagavulin anytime.

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 89
RE: MAtrix? - 7/1/2004 12:59:35 AM   
ggallagher

quote:

ORIGINAL: Guderon

quote:

Geez.... I've been lurking on this (and several other) game sites for years, and it took the EXCRUCIATING pain of this interminable wait to bring me out. I've been wargaming for 34 years and computer wargaming for as long as there's been home computers, but I've NEVER wanted a game to arrive as badly as I want this one.

BTW, Tasker ain't bad, but give me 16 year old Lagavulin anytime.

Yeah, can you imagine waiting so impatiently for a computer version of Tactics II?

(in reply to Guderon)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: MAtrix? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI