Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

To All Those Waiting

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> To All Those Waiting Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
To All Those Waiting - 7/1/2004 6:09:34 AM   
David Heath

Hi Guys

Here is where we stand

Steel Panthers World At War General Edition

We know you are all waiting for the SPWaW General Edition to become available in our stores. We are hoping to get this up very soon but we are at the mercy of DR to get everything setup and tested. Remember its being setup on servers around the world so everyone can get it at the same time. I am not going to give a date until I am sure it will be up there and ready for you but we are working on it to get it done sooner then later. Most of our digital downloads will not be stated as release until it is available on our stores. Origins made this special release hence a special case.

Steel Panthers World At War v8.20

Now the full version of SPWaW v8.20 is being uploaded to the servers tonight and the press release will be going out shortly. Once the file sites start posting it we will start making links pointing to the download areas. This game is the same version as the General Edition less all the Mega Campaigns. It does include the ModSwapper and we will be making available Panzer Leo new H2H Mod and the Civil War Mod on the Wargamer's Game Depot. Now for all of you waiting for a patch the bad news is we can't do it. We can make a limited promise the any and all future release will not require a full download of the game.

As always your support is very important to us and not taken for granted. Its one of the main reasons we work so hard for you when we release a game and not just throw it out there. This is going to be a big year for Matrix and we want it to be a big year for our fans as well.

Once again thank you for your support and we promise to do our best to make it worth the wait.

Post #: 1
RE: To All Those Waiting - 7/1/2004 6:24:27 AM   
Schnee0

I'd like to thank you for working late at night for this ;)

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 2
RE: To All Those Waiting - 7/1/2004 6:34:10 AM   
Hexed Gamer

Thanks David :)

Last time it was a treat Christmas day, maybe this time it will be a treat for Canada Day (sorry all you non Canadians that might not find that nifty hehe).

(in reply to Schnee0)
Post #: 3
RE: To All Those Waiting - 7/1/2004 7:29:55 AM   
Sarge

Just in time for the long weekend ,well here in the state's anway

(in reply to Hexed Gamer)
Post #: 4
RE: To All Those Waiting - 7/1/2004 7:41:21 AM   
Smeghead

Long weekend up here too. We just take the 2nd off as well.

Thanks David and team! You guys are the best!

Cheers, now head out and have some fun!

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 5
RE: To All Those Waiting - 7/1/2004 7:51:20 AM   
Schnee0

That SpiderMan 2 movie seems interesting

(in reply to Smeghead)
Post #: 6
RE: To All Those Waiting - 7/1/2004 8:57:58 AM   
Paranormalix

" One size fits all : .50 " "unknown"

(in reply to Schnee0)
Post #: 7
RE: To All Those Waiting - 7/1/2004 10:05:14 AM   
David Heath

Matrix Games Releases Steel Panthers: World At War v8.20!

Free, Full-Featured Tactical Wargame Classic Receives Update

Woodbridge, NJ, July 1st, 2004 - Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com) is pleased to release the latest version 8.20 of its acclaimed Steel Panthers: World At War (www.steelpanthersworldatwar.com). Updated from the original classic tactical wargame, Steel Panthers: World At War is fully compatible with all versions of Windows and sports updated graphics, sound effects, unit data and combat models. Free since its initial release, Steel Panthers: World At War remains a free download to this day, a modern classic enjoyed by hundreds of thousands of wargamers.

The new version 8.20 updates and expands orders of battle, updates unit data and improves the AI opponent and its selection of forces. A few stability problems were also resolved, leading to the best Steel Panthers: World At War to date!

YES, it's Totally Free!

SP:WaW is an entirely free game! All you need to do to play the game is download and install the files. It is 100% complete and ready to go. If you are looking for some new scenarios, opponents or just to chat with other SPWaW fans just use the links on www.steelpanthersworldatwar.com to join our forums, or to visit some of the web sites created by players like yourself. Yes, all these services are free as well! Now you know why we say this is the best Steel Panthers... ever!

Matrix Games also offers four original Mega Campaigns that can be played with the latest v8.20 of Steel Panthers: World At War. The four Mega Campaigns available are Watchtower covering the Guadalcanal campaign, Desert Fox is set in North Africa, Lost Victories involves a kampfgruppe in Army Group South during Operation Barbarossa and Screaming Eagles covers the 101st Airborne.

Starting later this week, Matrix Games will be offering all four mega campaigns together at a reduced price with the free Steel Panthers: World At War v8.20 on a single CD called the Steel Panthers: General’s Edition.

For more information, check the main Matrix Games page at http://www.matrixgames.com for future press releases and discussions.

ABOUT MATRIX GAMES

Matrix Games produces, markets and publishes historical wargames as well as other computer gaming products. Since 2002, Matrix Games has published several award-winning games, including Highway to the Reich, Starships Unlimited, Uncommon Valor and Korsun Pocket. Matrix Games is based in Woodbridge, New Jersey. For more information, visit the Matrix Games website at http://www.matrixgames.com.

(in reply to Paranormalix)
Post #: 8
RE: To All Those Waiting - 7/1/2004 10:23:38 AM   
Schnee0

Keep it up! Getting closer.

I hope you have a good 4th of July since you are really working late tonight.

Post #: 9
RE: To All Those Waiting - 7/1/2004 4:22:37 PM   
cadmus

Whoa! Working for US! ... not for money ... at 3:00 in the morning! That ought to put a stop to the whining and complaining! (But it probably won't,)

Thanks to all you chaps at Matrix, and the many, many volunteers who have done so much for this gaming community.

(in reply to Schnee0)
Post #: 10
RE: To All Those Waiting - 7/1/2004 4:52:57 PM   
Hexed Gamer

"Matrix Games Releases Steel Panthers: World At War v8.20! "

For the love of god and all that's holy David, where's the link to the file :)

The Matrix Games Steel Panthers Downloads page still reads 8.0 and the offsite downloads pages are still reading as the 8.0d file.

Come on man, if your wife did this to you in the morning, you would be frantic too hehe.

I can't even eat I am so antsy now.

The sun is shining, it's Canada Day, but where's the link to 8.20.

Help Help Help!

Gotta calm down somehow.

(in reply to cadmus)
Post #: 11
RE: To All Those Waiting - 7/1/2004 4:54:18 PM   
David Heath

Hi Guys

Here is the first download link

http://www.gamershell.com/news_BSteelPanthersWorldatWar.shtml

David

(in reply to Hexed Gamer)
Post #: 12
RE: To All Those Waiting - 7/1/2004 5:14:18 PM   
wodin

hurrah downloading NOW!

Post #: 13
RE: To All Those Waiting - 7/1/2004 5:25:51 PM   
John Galt

Sorry if this is not the proper place for this: Can you tell me how this download is handled? IE, a fresh install, stand alone? Will it work with my MCDF? I am doing the DF MC now. Thanks.

Experience is the teacher that gives the test first and the lesson last.

John Galt

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 14
RE: To All Those Waiting - 7/1/2004 5:27:38 PM   
merigo

Thanks David and everyone involved?

Download is almost finished.

< Message edited by merigo -- 7/1/2004 3:28:05 PM >

(in reply to John Galt)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> To All Those Waiting Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI