Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Steel Panthers: World At War General's Edition is Now Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> RE: Steel Panthers: World At War General's Edition is Now Available! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Steel Panthers: World At War General's Edition is N... - 11/19/2004 5:03:35 PM   
FDXHCY

I'm a bit red faced, because I am so stupid about all this, but PLEASE , someone HELP me get this game up and running... "Thanks a bunch".. Billie

(in reply to FDXHCY)
Post #: 31
RE: Steel Panthers: World At War General's Edition is N... - 11/19/2004 8:50:40 PM   
plloyd

Exactly what is the problem and what do you have?

If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly.

(in reply to FDXHCY)
Post #: 32
RE: Steel Panthers: World At War General's Edition is N... - 11/30/2004 8:17:56 AM   
swamp fox

I would love to have this to update my old 5.0 Megacampaign and get the rest, but download is not an option (56k). Earlier posts have indicated CD shipment to be unreliable. Is this still a problem? I can't spend the $$ if I'm not going to get a quick CD in the mail.

(in reply to plloyd)
Post #: 33
RE: Steel Panthers: World At War General's Edition is N... - 3/5/2005 12:13:54 AM   
Wild Bill

I think the CD problem is fully resolved, Fox. You should get the General's edition. You'll have the complete package of Mega Campaigns, each one updated with any revisions already included. I've not heard of anyone who did not receive the CD. It does cost a little more than the download only but if you want a CD, its worth it.

WIld Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to swamp fox)
Post #: 34
RE: Steel Panthers: World At War General's Edition is N... - 3/5/2005 12:15:36 AM   
Wild Bill

Don't be embarassed, Billie. We'll be more than happy to help. You just need to tell what is going on when you try to to load the game. Talk to us and we'll help you. You might want to post your situation to the general SPWAW section. A lot more people read it.

Wild BIll

< Message edited by Wild Bill -- 3/4/2005 10:15:49 PM >

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 35
RE: Steel Panthers: World At War General's Edition is N... - 3/5/2006 12:42:54 AM   
Zap

I've been waiting to ( buy the Mega campaigns CD) for the 8.403 or newest upgrade. Is there still a wait time on the Mega being upgraded for purchasers?

< Message edited by Zap -- 3/6/2006 5:25:51 AM >

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 36
RE: Steel Panthers: World At War General's Edition is N... - 3/12/2006 6:12:07 PM   
Wild Bill

Try this. Do you know much about file folders? Using the file manager can you see a SPWAW folder?

If you can, find the mech.exe file. Double click on it and see if the game starts for you.

WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to FDXHCY)
Post #: 37
RE: Steel Panthers: World At War General's Edition is N... - 12/29/2007 9:42:50 PM   
ThomasStockheim

I just purchased the General's Edition, but I can't get the download version to work. The Zip file I download is corrupted, I got the whole thing three times now and it allways stops at the end without extracting the file. SteelPanthersWorldAtWarGE-Setup-v8403DR.exe is the current version available, anybody know what  could be the problem ?

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 38
RE: Steel Panthers: World At War General's Edition is N... - 12/29/2007 10:12:57 PM   
junk2drive

8.403 is a beta update to the exe file, not the complete game. Are you sure you downloaded the correct file from the correct place?

(in reply to ThomasStockheim)
Post #: 39
RE: Steel Panthers: World At War General's Edition is N... - 12/30/2007 12:23:32 AM   
Alby

quote:

ORIGINAL: ThomasStockheim

I just purchased the General's Edition, but I can't get the download version to work. The Zip file I download is corrupted, I got the whole thing three times now and it allways stops at the end without extracting the file. SteelPanthersWorldAtWarGE-Setup-v8403DR.exe is the current version available, anybody know what  could be the problem ?

your game file should say 8.2 or 8.3 (I dont recall which) if you purchased the Generals editons, 8.403 was an update to another update 8.4

Post #: 40
RE: Steel Panthers: World At War General's Edition is N... - 1/1/2008 11:28:57 AM   
ThomasStockheim

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

8.403 is a beta update to the exe file, not the complete game. Are you sure you downloaded the correct file from the correct place?

It's the only download link for the generals edition I could find. I assumed it had been updated to include the 8.4 patch. I can download and patch the normal version just fine, downloading 8.2 then patching 8.3 and 8.4, but that doesn't give me the mega campaigns.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 41
RE: Steel Panthers: World At War General's Edition is N... - 1/1/2008 8:27:00 PM   
Alby

quote:

ORIGINAL: ThomasStockheim

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

8.403 is a beta update to the exe file, not the complete game. Are you sure you downloaded the correct file from the correct place?

It's the only download link for the generals edition I could find. I assumed it had been updated to include the 8.4 patch. I can download and patch the normal version just fine, downloading 8.2 then patching 8.3 and 8.4, but that doesn't give me the mega campaigns.

I would contact Support

Post #: 42
RE: Steel Panthers: World At War General's Edition is N... - 1/1/2008 10:41:22 PM   
Goblin

Thomas,

Alby is correct. Matrixs' support staff is very good at solving problems. You may email them at:

support@matrixgames.com

Please let us know if they were able to help you.

Goblin

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 43
RE: Steel Panthers: World At War General's Edition is N... - 1/18/2008 8:22:13 PM   
Ironfist738

Truly a dream come true.. Oh and I'm Back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

< Message edited by Ironfist738 -- 1/18/2008 8:23:22 PM >

(in reply to FDXHCY)
Post #: 44
RE: Steel Panthers: World At War General's Edition is N... - 1/18/2008 8:27:40 PM   
Alby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ironfist738

Truly a dream come true.. Oh and I'm Back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Fist has returned!!!

(in reply to Ironfist738)
Post #: 45
RE: Steel Panthers: World At War General's Edition is N... - 4/12/2019 6:09:59 PM   
bladesinger79

This game is almost 20 years old. Not to be cheap, but why is this game $50.00?!?

Let's say I have the money and buy it. What do I need for DLC and will it work on a modern PC of only 2 years old?

"No Sir, I don't think that's a good idea at all." -last words from unnamed NCO before falling into an enemy ambush.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 46
RE: Steel Panthers: World At War General's Edition is N... - 4/13/2019 5:28:45 PM   
Major_Mess

quote:

ORIGINAL: bladesinger79

This game is almost 20 years old. Not to be cheap, but why is this game $50.00?!?

Let's say I have the money and buy it. What do I need for DLC and will it work on a modern PC of only 2 years old?

Hmmmm, I got the GE on sale before XMas for like $23 Cdn, which is about $10 USD LOL. I agree that the price should be way lower than $50.
If you look HERE!, you can find what you need to make the game function on a new machine, whatever your Microsoft OS is.
That part is free.

cheers

MM

< Message edited by Major_Mess -- 4/13/2019 5:31:26 PM >

Click below. You know you want to!!

(in reply to bladesinger79)
Post #: 47
RE: Steel Panthers: World At War General's Edition is N... - 4/19/2019 1:35:14 AM   
bladesinger79

The ONLY place that sells SPGE for a price is Matrix Games. Every other location that offers a free download are from questionable sites that activates my protection software.

"No Sir, I don't think that's a good idea at all." -last words from unnamed NCO before falling into an enemy ambush.

(in reply to Major_Mess)
Post #: 48
RE: Steel Panthers: World At War General's Edition is N... - 4/20/2019 3:34:17 PM   
bladesinger79

UPDATE: Matrix Games is offering 30% off all titles. This drops the price down from $50 to about $35, give or take. Acceptable financial loss if there's no other option for a cheaper price.

The question is: what other DLC do I need besides the suggested "HERE" site to look at?

Post #: 49
RE: Steel Panthers: World At War General's Edition is N... - 4/20/2019 5:46:33 PM   
Major_Mess

That's it!
The Depot has the fixed mech.exe file that allows you to play the game on a modern computer. D/L that and replace the original file and you're good to go.

MM

Click below. You know you want to!!

Post #: 50
RE: Steel Panthers: World At War General's Edition is N... - 4/21/2019 10:52:35 PM   
bladesinger79

I shall now join the ranks of the Steel Panthers GE faithful!

(in reply to Major_Mess)
Post #: 51
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> RE: Steel Panthers: World At War General's Edition is Now Available! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI