Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Next game ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Next game ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Next game ? - 7/2/2004 7:08:33 PM   
Adnan Meshuggi

Now, with WitP ready to play - some ideas what should the next game ?
Say we play WitP 3 years from now, it would be great if a second (third, counting uv) great game is coming...

I would love a "war in the med 1940-1944" as a pre of "World War 2 - the continental war in the ETO" and finaly "World War 2 - 1939-1946" including the micromanagement of shoe-production and the color of the tin cans for spam

seriously, what is the next ?
by the way, i am on 49%.... i love my 1 Mbit/s KabelBW-Cable connection... otherwise i had only isdn...

What would you suggest ?

Next should be the Mediteran War, but more details (no joke!) - but also some rules that the fighting is less bloody as in uv and propably in witp...

now, better suggests ?
by the way

thank you matrix 54%

Don't tickle yourself with some moralist crap thinking we have some sort of obligation to help these people. We're there for our self-interest, and anything we do to be 'nice' should be considered a courtesy dweebespit
Post #: 1
RE: Next game ? - 7/2/2004 7:11:49 PM   
Grouchy

Yesterday Mike (Wood) said they where working on a Med game based on the UV/WitP engine

(in reply to Adnan Meshuggi)
Post #: 2
RE: Next game ? - 7/2/2004 7:15:19 PM   
MButtazoni

Don't underestimate Gary Grigsby's World at War. i know i did, and i have since corrected that oversight

Maurice Buttazoni
Project Coordinator, Playtest Coordinator

Post #: 3
RE: Next game ? - 7/2/2004 7:16:00 PM   
Adnan Meshuggi

yes.... i will preorder it... give me the link

I like these pacific games, all the nice warm water and so... but i am still a old northern atlantic freak, tons of subs, coasts. But the med, well this is PERFECT.

It has anything in it...
naval war (even if no larger german ships are in), sub war (maybe some improvement in doing it ?), air war and a lot land war.... this could be a problem, but not really ? nah ? hope not, even if rommels advances are quite difficulty to simulate in a game that do not ONLY landwar...

but anyway... thank you thank you thank you...

i really would sign up a "i buy it"-list... just to improve the moral of the crew

by the way, 63%

Don't tickle yourself with some moralist crap thinking we have some sort of obligation to help these people. We're there for our self-interest, and anything we do to be 'nice' should be considered a courtesy dweebespit

(in reply to Grouchy)
Post #: 4
RE: Next game ? - 7/2/2004 7:21:22 PM   
Adnan Meshuggi

hm - well honestly, i have ignored it untill now.

I mean, WitP ("the" new Pacwar - i still played it until last month) so near and UV also playing i had not much time... also i thought about the "new" EastFront.... and Worlds of War look (at the first and only look i did) like Risk... (do not bash me for it, please, i am just honest...)
but i will give it a nearer look... but also, this stellar war - simulation sound interesting (i loved t-fighter (x-wings was BOOOORING, the empire was my favourite) but also the IL-2 (but without a joystick i need additional money...)

anyway, i will look at it.

(in reply to MButtazoni)
Post #: 5
RE: Next game ? - 7/2/2004 7:24:58 PM   
jcjordan

What about a game about the N Atl naval battles between the Allies & Axis either WW1 or 2 like Great Naval Battles (I think) from SSI?

Post #: 6
RE: Next game ? - 7/2/2004 8:46:07 PM   
Arnir

I'm looking forward to World at War and War in Flames. Same subject, two very different approaches.

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 7
RE: Next game ? - 7/2/2004 9:48:10 PM   
Grunt

Is there a good war in Europe game you'd recommend? Hearts of Iron is ok but misses the mark in a lot of areas.

(in reply to Arnir)
Post #: 8
RE: Next game ? - 7/2/2004 10:08:51 PM   
ZOOMIE1980

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arnir

I'm looking forward to World at War and War in Flames. Same subject, two very different approaches.

World at War is a completely different paradigm..... Problem for me is I only have a limited number of gaming hours available each day and 100% of those are going to be consumed by this game for a long time to come, yet. That and I'm spending a good bit of time starting to do my own game stuff, taking a completely new development tact from anything I've seen so far....

(in reply to Arnir)
Post #: 9
RE: Next game ? - 7/2/2004 10:27:56 PM   
Tanaka

When they are done with all the theaters they can combine them all into a grande world war two game!!!! drool drool drool....

Post #: 10
RE: Next game ? - 7/3/2004 3:02:49 AM   
DoomedMantis

My all time favorite game was GNBNA. A recreation of that would make my year

I shall make it a felony to drink small beer.

- Shakespeare

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 11
RE: Next game ? - 7/3/2004 4:09:01 AM   
Nikademus

forget GNB....(though Vol 1 i agree....was not bad at all)

redo Warship/Battlecruiser. Much better tactical game. I keep holding the torch....maybe someday...

(in reply to DoomedMantis)
Post #: 12
RE: Next game ? - 7/3/2004 6:20:39 AM   
DoomedMantis

Ive not played that one, but what I really enjoyed about GNB was the ability to have both strategic and tactical

I shall make it a felony to drink small beer.

- Shakespeare

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 13
RE: Next game ? - 7/3/2004 7:11:14 AM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

My all time favorite game was GNBNA. A recreation of that would make my year

Loved sinking all them Brit BB's then mauling the convoys. Games like that need to be redone!

(in reply to DoomedMantis)
Post #: 14
RE: Next game ? - 7/3/2004 7:19:34 AM   
cpt_Venomous

do some kind of fantasia, Italy vs. France, or UK Japan vs. US, or make 1930's pottential conflict with biplane carrier fighters and etc. Also imagine if Imperial Russia wasnt taken over by those mason bolsheviks, and did complete its dreadnought building programm (DNs had four gun turrets), possibilities are endless, imagine carrier planes as 1930's style racer fighters, fighting sides using blimp carriers, each nation having research tree and flexible production so it could build more blimps or fighters or build single or double flight deck carriers.

< Message edited by cpt_Venomous -- 7/3/2004 5:28:11 AM >

"Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.'
- Lord General Zyvan

Post #: 15
RE: Next game ? - 7/3/2004 7:27:39 AM   
von Murrin

Hush, all of you!!!

Let them take their time, like another three years or so. I'll need it to finish WitP.

I give approximately two fifths of a !#$% at any given time!

(in reply to cpt_Venomous)
Post #: 16
RE: Next game ? - 7/3/2004 11:24:06 AM   
nico71

See what the competition is doing:

Russo-Japanese War

(in reply to von Murrin)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Next game ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI