Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

OOB Importation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> OOB Importation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OOB Importation - 6/3/2000 4:48:00 AM   
dgstokes

OK, all of the file importation is a bit confusing to me. I just downloaded the revision of WB's Norway "Lightning Strikes" scenario. Included with the revised scenario files was a new Oob86 file. I figure this goes with the revised scenario 087 files. I unziped to my SPW@W temp folder, replaced the scenario 087 files in my Matrix Scenario sub-folder. What do I do with the Oob86 file? Do I replace the Oob86 file that exist in the main Matrix folder? Put it one of the sub-folders? What about other OOB files that might be available in the future as either revisions or new files entirely. How are they accessed in the game by either a scenario or a user created battle or campaign. Sorry to be so confused. Thanks. ------------------

Post #: 1
- 6/3/2000 9:06:00 AM   
Warhorse

Hello, if in doubt about what to do, rename the one that is there already, OOB86b, or OOB86orig. or something like that. Swapping files can get tricky, so the best thing is to right away just back them up, either in a seperate folder in the WAW directory, or on zip drive or floppies, just in case!! There will certainly be a lot of this, especially any I will do, as my German file has a Grey/Camo switchover, and some equipment not included in the 'stock' one. Hope this helps! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to dgstokes)
Post #: 2
- 6/3/2000 11:22:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Warhorse has good advice. I did post some instructions on that in the "Update" post on the Lightning scenario. You must have missed it. As Mike said, rename the one that came with the game, then put the new OOB86 into the game. It works fine. Keep the old one (now renamed) till you are sure there is no problem. But I am sure there won't be. The way I do it is zip up the old OOB, in this case OOB86, dated May 7th into a zip file I name OOB86original.zip The new one I load unzipped and keep a zipped copy called OOB86new.zip. That way They don't get confused since they have the same name. Now in my main SPWAW directory I have (among other things) OOB86 (the new one) OOB86original.zip OOB86new.zip That is how I keep track of them, Don. ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to dgstokes)
Post #: 3
- 6/4/2000 1:19:00 AM   
Billy Yank

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill: Now in my main SPWAW directory I have (among other things) OOB86 (the new one) OOB86original.zip OOB86new.zip That is how I keep track of them, Don.
I created two directories under the main WAW directory called 'newoob' and 'origoob' then copied all the oob's into both. When I play around with the oob editor, I use the newoob directory, then I copy them into the main dir. If I need to go back to the original, I just copy out of the origoob. ------------------ Billy Yank I don't define "my own" the way you want me to.

Billy Yank
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
-- Thorin Oakenshield

(in reply to dgstokes)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> OOB Importation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI