Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

118 new icon slots available... need help to test

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW Thread Hall of Fame >> 118 new icon slots available... need help to test Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
118 new icon slots available... need help to test - 12/31/2001 8:47:00 AM   
Dogfish

I first noticed this with v6.1 but since 7.0 was due soon, I waited to do some testing with it.
In the limited amount of testing I've done there seems to be 118 icon slots available, over and above the 110 known ones.
If you are experienced using spilc and spile and want to help test, your efforts would be appreciated.
OK, if you do a spile of v7.0 mech.exe go to at least 1231 entries. You will notice that the entries of 1111 and 11112 have data already. Skip them, that is, DO NOT OVERWRITE 1111 and 1112. Unless like me you're curious. But before you cut the blue wire make a backup.
mech orig v70.exe or something you can identify later.
Next, you'll notice that the enties from 1113 to 1230 appear empty. Worse case is that the game may overwrite your data at some point but I have not seen it happen. 1230 - 1110 = 120, less 2 for the used ones is 118 new slots.
Just fill these with icon codes that mean something, run spile, (remember to use the number from spilc) and play as usual.
From time to time run spile to see if the game has overwritten anything... you don't have to save anything at this point, just take a look.
My testing has not been extensive. I prefer making things for the game to playing sometimes.
I don't play E-mail, or online so that is untested. And as yet I haven't played a mega campaign. Post any results you find.
-Dogfish

When you're wounded and left
on Afghanistan's plains,
And the women come out
to cut up what remains,
Jest roll to your rifle
and blow out your brains
An' go to your Gawd like a soldier.

Kipling

------------------
Post #: 1
- 12/31/2001 10:52:00 AM   
Warhorse

Hmm, so spile works with v7?!! Last time I tried it back in v5 or 6, it would mess up the prf so you had to redo all your prefs every time you started the game!! I'll have to look into this, but I couldn't get it to work right last time....

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Dogfish)
Post #: 2
- 12/31/2001 2:02:00 PM   
Dogfish

Hey Mike: Been awhile... yeah I ran into the preferences thing in 6.1. I didn't catch it at first, so I don't know if it is a result of rewriting with spilc, adding more items, or pushing the envelope too far out. All of which I did... by the time I noticed the resetting of preferences I had 20 or so new icons out there, and wasn't about to redo.
If I find time I'll play with a virgin 6.1 mech.exe to see exact cause. What I did notice that's different are the slots 1111 and 1112. I don't remember them containing info in 6.1. If they did then we both missed it.
Rewriting of 1111 and 1112 in 7.0 doesn't cause the preferences to be lost, however, it causes a major crash back to windows. Right now I have data in all the new slots (it's all pointing to a few different icons), and my preferences are the same as first day I set them.
So far no overwrites by the game... but like I said, my testing is limited. I only play against the AI, no on-line, no PBEM, and no Mega Campaigns. I hope some other people are interested in testing. The ability to add 118 new icons without having to do an in depth analysis of the existing shp files would I think be welcome by all. If this works, the next hurdle would be the overcrowded oob's. I'm thinking of splitting mine into 2, by date. Anyway, thanks for looking into it. If you need me to, I can send you the exact steps I took. It took me awhile to re-remember spile and spilc. -Dogfish

on Afghanistan's plains,
And the women come out
to cut up what remains,
Jest roll to your rifle
and blow out your brains

Kipling

------------------

(in reply to Dogfish)
Post #: 3
- 1/1/2002 2:45:00 AM   
Warhorse

Cool, if it works, then there are 50+ slots in the original run of 1109, that are unuseable now because of bad associations!! I'm fixin' to try this out today some... Thanks for the offer to help with spilc, but me and these programs go waaaayyyy back, only thing threw me off was I forgot the address would be different, was using the old 16686C string, two times running the program, with weird resulting charts, then I remembered to look for the new address!!! Duh!! Have fun, let me know how you progress, I'll try to keep you updated as well

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Dogfish)
Post #: 4
- 1/2/2002 1:46:00 AM   
Dogfish

Glad you're going to get involved testing, Mike. I was expecting more response, but maybe it's due to the holiday. It's funny, if you or I were to post that we had 118 new units complete with icons, people would be asking where to download them. Asking for help on the first step gets no response. Reminds me of the kid's book, "The Little Red Hen". I'm suprised at the amount of work that Matrix keeps doing, for all the flak they get. Happy and prosperous 02. PS... still running, no problems -Dogfish

on Afghanistan's plains,
And the women come out
to cut up what remains,
Jest roll to your rifle
and blow out your brains

Kipling

------------------

(in reply to Dogfish)
Post #: 5
- 1/2/2002 9:26:00 AM   
bchapman

Dogfish,
In my case, it isn't a case of not being interested, it is just that I don;t have a clue of what you and Mike are talking about. What the heck are spilc and spile? and where do I get them, then what do I do with them? I will wish you good luck though.
Happy New Year!

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."<br />- Gerald Ford

(in reply to Dogfish)
Post #: 6
- 1/2/2002 10:36:00 AM   
Don Doom

Anything I can do to help? Am going to sleep now see ya later.

Doom
Vet of the Russian General Winter
For death is only the begining

(in reply to Dogfish)
Post #: 7
- 1/3/2002 3:50:00 AM   
Warhorse

@ Bchapman- They are programs that help to change, and/or add icon associations into the data table in the mech.exe. You can get them at http://blake.prohosting.com/fchlanda/. They are not to hard to use, after you get the hang of it, but if you aren't used to playing around with shp files, and using these, it can be very intimidating!!! @ Dogfish- I probably won't be much help, am moving in 2 1/2 wks!! However, from what I've done in the last days with spilc, all seems well! The only thing is that for e-mail play, both players will need the same mech.exe, and oob's to correspond. Also probably not a good idea to replace any existing icons, in the interest of playing user made scenarios shipped with the game?! I think you won't get many takers with this venture, aside from yourself and me, there aren't a lot of folks that like to tinker with the workings, most just want play the games, as they might not have much time on there hands. Will try to assist how I can manage, I like messing with this stuff!! Take it easy!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Dogfish)
Post #: 8
- 1/3/2002 9:28:00 AM   
Dogfish

BCHAPMAN... What Mike said is true... however I wasn't looking for people to go out and learn something new just to help test... we all do what we can here. If adding icons interests you then you'll want to become familiar with spilc and spile. You can do some damage so backup your mech.exe file first. If you give it a try and have a question, post it and someone will help. DON... I don't know if you know spilc and spile, if you do then the addition of the 118 slots an take 10-15 mins... pretty painless... the just play as usual and check with spile for any overwrites... I've tested scenario's and am running a campaign now. But only against the AI... need testing in PBEM etc... not sure if both would need the same mech.exe since no calls will be made to the new slots. ALL... sorry about the tone of my earlier post,... thought more people were into making/changing icons. Over 5000 registered...at one quarter of one percent, should be at least 10 people into it. MIKE... Good, glad you're getting positive results. Looks bullet proof so far... Wrong time of year to be moving... good luck. If this works and we get a consensus of what units/icons to add, then we just need Matrix to sanction the change and release it with/or as the next version that they claim they won't release. I've got a couple new icons I'll get together and send to you. Just getting back into this. Had a hard drive crash Sept. 13th. Lost years of graphics and programs I had done, some from CivCTP and most from SP. About 300 high qual color lbm's for SP3 or a modern SPWAW. About 200 color WW2 lbms including some B/W's that I colorized. About 40-50 icons between both. Lost it all... no backup. Been into computers since 70's... should know better... if you have any of the old stuff I sent you I would really appreciate a copy. -Thank's All
-Dogfish

on Afghanistan's plains,
And the women come out
to cut up what remains,
Jest roll to your rifle
and blow out your brains

Kipling

------------------

(in reply to Dogfish)
Post #: 9
- 1/3/2002 11:00:00 PM   
richmonder

Mike, I just wanted to take the opportunity as a newcomer since the graphics have been completed, to say THANKS for all your hard work on the graphics for SPWaW. It is my understanding that you did the lion's share of them? Anyways, thank you - I love them.

Respectfully,
Richmonder
(formerly Gen. Richmond)

(in reply to Dogfish)
Post #: 10
- 1/4/2002 12:32:00 AM   
Warhorse

@ richmonder- thank you very much, it was, and is, my pleasure!! @ Dogfish- Put one in the last slot last night, and seems that now the scrolling is much slower, but I will delete the steel.prf again, and pursue it some more! According to a message from Fred Chlanda to me last year, it was possible to enter 1500 slots?! Haven't had a chance to verify if the table is that long anymore, what with at least two versions since that mail. More to come...

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Dogfish)
Post #: 11
- 1/4/2002 10:36:00 PM   
richmonder

Guys, I am willing to help with this. I am not a graphics boy by any means, but am not intimidated by the SPILC and SPILE programs. One question for Dogfish - what did you mean that you'd like to next work on OOBs and cut them into two? I won't be of much help for another week or so. I need an assignment.

Respectfully,
Richmonder
(formerly Gen. Richmond)

(in reply to Dogfish)
Post #: 12
- 1/5/2002 12:18:00 AM   
Dogfish

Hey Richmonder: What I meant about splitting the oobs, is simply to split each oob into 2 parts. The oob space is getting very cramped, as was the icon space. First, I would backup all OOB's by renaming each with "orig" added to it's name. I would pick a date, maybe Jan. 42, or whenever it looks like the number of new units began to increase. I would take all units that didn't exist before Jan '42 and put them in seperate oob, keeping slot entries correct. Name this OOB82A and all the other, after Jan '42 units into an OOB82B.
If a unit existed pre and post '42 you would need to decide the rarity of it post '42 and use the replacement unit if best. Anyway that was only my quick thoughts on it... I'm sure ther would be alot more problems and issues... but since I would be doing it for myself... I'd only have myself to please and to blame. There is a program out there for manipulating multiple OOB's... my apologies to the creator, but I lost it when my HD crashed... One could use that, or write a launcher to check dates and select the appropriate OOB and rename it to what the game expects (no orig,A, or B). In the case of a campaign, or scenario spanning pre and post '42 you would have to use OOB*orig, others would rename the A or B OOB's to what the game expects. Any campaigns or scens not written or edited by you would only use the units they were designed with. Other's that you create or edit could use the new units that you made room for. It was a quick thought by me how to add new units/icons and still keep the originals intact.

on Afghanistan's plains,
And the women come out
to cut up what remains,
Jest roll to your rifle
and blow out your brains

Kipling

------------------

(in reply to Dogfish)
Post #: 13
- 1/5/2002 12:45:00 AM   
Dogfish

Hey Mike: Don't keep me in suspense about the scroll problem you encountered. I'm playing the Stalingrad campaign as a test and it's still bulletproof. I haven't altered my preferences or deleted steel.prf so I'm interested in the effect that this has. The only time I have seen any slow down in the scrolling or animations in the game is when I have severely tasked the machine's memory before or while playing the game. For instance doing alot in Painshop before playing, or Word or something doing alot of cut/pasting. Jumping out of the game alot to use WAWED and Excel to edit a .csv file. (I do this alot to resurrect the dead in the scens where they tend to crash into buildings often). The fix for the slow down is always to exit and restart the game or worst case to shutdown and reboot. If this fixes it, then it not from something written in mech.exe. If it were, it would be consistent after a restart or reboot.

on Afghanistan's plains,
And the women come out
to cut up what remains,
Jest roll to your rifle
and blow out your brains

Kipling

------------------

(in reply to Dogfish)
Post #: 14
- 1/5/2002 3:52:00 AM   
Warhorse

Dogfish, I'll check this out tonite, but I was messing around with shpedit, and the csv lists, as well as editing PG2 prior to this, so I tend to think you are correct about the memory issue!!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Dogfish)
Post #: 15
- 1/5/2002 5:32:00 AM   
Don Doom

I can get the icon info for sp1,2 & 3 but when i do 4 for waw it cannot find the icons, anythoughts?
I will check back when i get a chance at work.

Doom

(in reply to Dogfish)
Post #: 16
- 1/5/2002 6:34:00 AM   
Warhorse

@ Don- You must type in 162A70, in the address box at the right of the search box for 2, 3, or ww2. Then, underneath, enter 1230 in that box, then hit search, then load, then save as Sp2il. When you change an icon then, with the resulting csv, in the run box, type;C:\SPWAW\SPILC 4 Sp2il.csv mech.exe 162A70, assuming you have your WAW in the dir as above, if not, substitute appropriate path. Hope this helps?! @ Dogfish- it's all good, must've been because I had run so much last night before running SPWAW!!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Dogfish)
Post #: 17
- 1/5/2002 1:35:00 PM   
Dogfish

Hey Mike: Glad to hear everthing is still working. I had thought that would be the case. Not even a hiccup on my end. As far as testing, I've done scens and I'm in the middle of a campaign. Still need PBEM, online, MC's, and anything else you can think of. Do you do any of these? Maybe you can influence some players of these other things to test. Hey Richmonder:
Are you still in...? Do you need any help re: spilc and spile? Hey Don:
Did you get it to work? What modes of play can you test?

on Afghanistan's plains,
And the women come out
to cut up what remains,
Jest roll to your rifle
and blow out your brains

Kipling

------------------

(in reply to Dogfish)
Post #: 18
- 1/5/2002 3:19:00 PM   
skukko

Did someone say test? I have all MCs working and campaigns too... I do have one installation that says: this is for pbem with Warhorse and I will mess it up to what ever Mike has in mind, so deside something... I think Mike will send me package when he wakes up... mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to Dogfish)
Post #: 19
- 1/5/2002 10:24:00 PM   
Warhorse

Hey Mosh, I will ship you the latest tonite, when I get home, it's just one shp file, the mech.exe, and oob's for UK and Italy;-) If you like, we can do a concurrent very small scenario, made up of UK on one side, and Italy on the other, using the armored cars for the UK, and the S-37 for the Italians, then some other stuff thrown in? Let me know, ok?

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Dogfish)
Post #: 20
- 1/5/2002 10:57:00 PM   
skukko

Bring it on Do you think that this affects our current game? and set up new also. mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to Dogfish)
Post #: 21
- 1/5/2002 11:51:00 PM   
Don Doom

quote:

Originally posted by Dogfish:
Hey Don:
Did you get it to work? What modes of play can you test?[/QB]
I am at work right now but can test something when I get home. Have not had time yet to do what Warhorse said to see the waw icons. I have some scenerios to test, and email game going and three scenerios I am redesigning, which all of then I can use for testing.

Doom

(in reply to Dogfish)
Post #: 22
- 1/5/2002 11:52:00 PM   
m10bob

wish i could help..at best,i know how to change lbm's and sound files..(my generation never even HAD computers till WAAAAYYYYYY after college...)If anybody needs any serious research or history "look-ups",lemme know...otherwise,pretty much useless..bob

(in reply to Dogfish)
Post #: 23
- 1/6/2002 1:00:00 AM   
RockinHarry

Hi dogfish, warhorse what about supplementing the Norway OOB (or czech) OOB with a handful of special units just for scenario design purposes? Example: Bunkers/dugouts that allow passengers to be loaded or a tweaked "assault raft", that can be used as "reinforcement unit"? (buying assault rafts in non river-assault scenarios and loading them, means the loadee changes its crew size to the "assault raft"! If you edit the assault raft to a crew size of 10 maybe and then load a depleted 3-4 crew (infantry) unit, then it changes to this new crew of 10 size after reloading.)
We already have the "explosion" thing there and adding some additional units like this would improve the game much further, than f.e. adding some more exotic armor toys that never saw the frontlines in stregth IMHO. None-the-less, I would like to help with testing your edits and I have some experience with working with the SPILE/SPILEC stuff. (..and Shape Edit ect.) ________
Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to Dogfish)
Post #: 24
- 1/6/2002 2:05:00 AM   
Warhorse

quote:

Originally posted by skukko:
Bring it on Do you think that this affects our current game? and set up new also. mosh
This shouldn't affect our current game, other than you will probably get a warning of "player 1 oob error, or something, override and play anyway"? Message, that will be all.

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Dogfish)
Post #: 25
- 1/6/2002 3:45:00 AM   
Don Doom

quote:

Originally posted by Warhorse:
@ Don- You must type in 162A70, in the address box at the right of the search box for 2, 3, or ww2. Then, underneath, enter 1230 in that box, then hit search, then load, then save as Sp2il. When you change an icon then, with the resulting csv, in the run box, type;C:\SPWAW\SPILC 4 Sp2il.csv mech.exe 162A70, assuming you have your WAW in the dir as above, if not, substitute appropriate path. Hope this helps?!

Afternoon Warhorse.
It works if I hit Load and not search?
Icon 1112 on up are empty. Does any one have something they would like me to put in and test? [EMAIL]null[/EMAIL] [img]null[/img]

Doom

(in reply to Dogfish)
Post #: 26
- 1/6/2002 3:49:00 AM   
Don Doom

Also is there a csv list of what the # mean in the list or what the icon # is assoced with.

Doom

(in reply to Dogfish)
Post #: 27
- 1/6/2002 4:24:00 AM   
Don Doom

Ok warhorse.
I typed in d:\spile\spilc\spilc 4 sp2il.csv mech.exe 162A70
everytime I get bad comand error.
I used that file since that is where I extracted the info.
for test I copyed the maus data to 1150 to see what would happened.

Doom

(in reply to Dogfish)
Post #: 28
- 1/6/2002 7:43:00 AM   
Warhorse

Don, I see the problem, the program needs to know where spilc is located. Hit Start>run>then use browse, find the dir. where spilc is located, then cick on it, it will appear in the run dialog, something like "C:/Matrixgames/SPWAW/Spilc.exe". You remove the ", take off.spilc.exe also. Then you would fill in the rest, like this- C:\Matrixgames\SPWAW\SPILC 4 Sp2il.csv mech.exe 162A70. Then it should run fine, using the generated csv list from the Spile program. To run spile, do the following;
1) double click on spile.exe
2) click on 'file name' button, find your mech.exe file
3) In the 'search' box below that, use either SP2, or SP3, used 2.
4) type in 162A70, in the address box at far right.
5) type in 1230, in the 'entries' box.
6) hit the 'load' button on the left now. Your csv list is below now, click the 'write' button below 'search again', you'll notice to the right of that, it's being saved as Sp2il.csv.
7)Now you can work on the csv list, typing in the new locations. You need to find spaces available, within shp files existing now. I've started on icon0001.shp, but any with spaces will work. Hope this helps!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Dogfish)
Post #: 29
- 1/6/2002 8:12:00 AM   
Dogfish

Hey All: Glad to see all the interest. I think it's time for me to pass on what works with Spilc/Spile. If you are interested in testing, you can use Spilc/Spile or get Warhorse or me to E-mail you a new mech.exe. Spilc and Spile are programs written by Fred Chandla, who has done an amazing ammount of work to help modify games that weren't modifiable.
They are available for download from his website. I think the link is in this post somewhere... if not I'll post it later. Spile is a windows program and will run by clicking the icon. It works on all the SP games and their inspired offspring, SPWAW for instance. Spilc however is a DOS program and clicking on it will run it, but you will get an error. The error simply means that it expects some command line parameters to be passed at the time that you invoke spilc. So, you have to run it from a DOS prompt and include a few params. Spile deals with the file mech.exe, in SPWAW's case. This is the main executable in SPWAW. Imbedded in the code of mech.exe a table of all the icons used in the game. The number you see in the OOB's or the encyclopedia for the icon is used to point to a place in the table where 4 pieces of information are found. For each OOB icon number you have a number that reprsents the shp file where the icon is found, the number of that individual icon in the shp file, the number of the shp file where a turret is found, if the icon has one, and the number of the turret icon in the shp file, again if any. That's it, that's what this is all about, finding 118 new slots in the mech.exe file where after testing it may be possible to write data about 118 new icons in the shp files. Spile looks for a recognized data pattern at a variety of addresses, trying to find the table in the exe file of whatever game. When it finds it, it announces the address that it found it at, allows you to disply the table, and to write the table to a comma seperated variable file, or .csv file. This file can then be opened with excell and edited. In this case we want to write data to the 118 new icon slots, then we want to put the edited table back into the mech.exe file. All that's left after that is to play the game as normal looking for any problems. You can look at the table from time to time with spile, to see if anything you entered was overwritten by the game. It won't be nescessary to create a new csv file or a new mech.exe if you're just looking. Ok, that's by way of introduction and backgound. This is how to do it. First open your SPWAW v7 folder, wherever it is. If you are comfortable with pathing in both Windows and DOS, you may want to work in this directory. To make it easy, and since people may have their SPWAW directories in different places, I'll use the desktop. Right click on your SPWAWv7 mech.exe and drag it to the desktop. Make a copy there. Go back to your SPWAW directory and rename mech.exe to mech orig.exe. You can rename it anything you like but that's what I'm using. Put copies of Spilc and Spile on your desktop also. Again run them from wherever you like but I'm using the desktop. Run spile, and click the button for file name. Select the mech.exe file on the desktop. Click the down arrow next to search bytes and select the one associated with SP2. Then click the search button. Allow a little time, depending on the speed of your machine. When Spile finds a table it will pop up an address in the address window. In this case it will be 162870. You could have entered the address and searched that way, but that only works for SPWAWv7, for other SP games it will be something different so a good idea to know how to do it this way. It should have also popped up 500 in entries. That's a start but change this 1231 and hit the load button. Spile will display the table. A good check that you have found the right one is seeing the word none under the turret columns. This is an interpretation that spile does. The word none is not written in the table but a hex FF is. Look at the byte columns. If you never see the word none, chances are you don't have the right table. Next to the write button you'll see SP2IL.CSV. This is the defalt file name that spilc will use to write the table as a csv file.
Click the write button and close spile. You should find the file SP2IL.CSV on your desktop. If you have excell, open SP2IL with it. If you don't use your spreadsheet of choice. There are a few things to notice in the sp2il table compared to the one you saw in Spile. First there are 4 lines or comments at the top of the page. The first column of numbers are excell's line number's and not related to the table. They can be confusing however, note the 5 place offset between these and the numbers in the next column. The offset of 5 is due to the 4 comment lines and the the fact that excell starts numbering at one, while the table starts with 0. Don't mistake the line number for the icon number when adding units or you'll be trying to find out why thing's aren't working. Note that the table uses 0 as the first shp file number and as the first icon within the shp file. This can throw a wrench into things also. But I'm getting ahead, these facts will be important later if you add icons, not for test purposes. Remember the locations in the table that said none? You'll notice that in the csv table they are represented by the decimal number -1. This is how you would specify that your new icon does not have a turret. For testing purposes we want to add data to the icon numbers 1113 to 1230. You can use any numbers but best if the correspond to an existing icon. You could check this by changing an OOb from time to time. I picked 3 or 4 from entries above on the page and copied them. If you know excell it doesn't take long to drag the numbers down a column. After you have made the new entries, save the file and close excell. Open a DOS window. You'll get a DOS prompt:
C:\Windows>
Type cd desktop at the prompt.
You'll have:
C:\Windows\Desktop>
Type spilc
This will display the usage and params for spilc and tell you that you need to give it more params in order to work. This time type:
spilc 4 sp2il.csv mech.exe 162870
(note the 162870 is the address from spile, it works here but you would use a different number for a different exe file) You will get a message saying exactly what you are about to do and asking you to answer Y/N that you want to do this. Answer Y. You'll get a message that spilc is changing mech.exe, then a "Done". Spilc will then close and return you to a DOS prompt. If you don't get back to a prompt cleanly then something is wrong. If you get a prompt, exit or close the window. That's about it. You need to move a copy of the edited mech.exe to your SPWAWv7 folder. You may want to keep a copy, name it mech edited.exe or something. You'll want to clean up you desktop, I just make a new folder, put everthing we just used in it and drop it in the SPWAWv7 folder. If you need it again, and you might need it often if you are going to add icons, you just need to open the folder select all and move those things to your desktop. If everthing went correctly, you should be able to run the game with no problems. If not delete the new mech.exe form you SPWAW v7 folder. Rename mech orig.exe to mech.exe. The game should be back to normal. And when you're up to trying it again, start over in the beginning. Hope this helps, and thanx in advance for your time intesting.

on Afghanistan's plains,
And the women come out
to cut up what remains,
Jest roll to your rifle
and blow out your brains

Kipling

------------------

(in reply to Dogfish)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW Thread Hall of Fame >> 118 new icon slots available... need help to test Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI