Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Green Recruits

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Green Recruits Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Green Recruits - 12/31/2001 10:48:00 PM   
robot

Does any one in long campaign ever start there army out as green recruits. I set my side at 40 that way most if not all are green. The enemy is set at 50. This makes it harder on me to spot,hit,and to op fire. I like this because you must nurse them up thru the lvls of exp. Makes you want to hold on to them more once they have gained a lot of exp. Am actually thinking of starting at a lower lvl of exp say 30. Now this would make them just out of training camp. Hell even my commandor is green. With his lack of kills he may still be green in 1945

Robots wear armor for skin.Grunts wear skin for armor.
Post #: 1
- 12/31/2001 11:55:00 PM   
Larry Holt

I suppose it matters which army you are playing. Most (all?) had some combat operations prior to the invasion of Poland and the formal start of WWII. Russia and Germany were in Spain. Japan was in China. Germany went thu the Sudetenland, etc. While most troops might not have much experience their commanders should have had the benefit of learning what did and did not work in combat from those that fought.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 2
- 1/1/2002 12:14:00 AM   
Nikademus

not anymore with WAW. Since 6.0 at least all the nations have fairly similar country training standards now that average around 65. Leadership skills will vary though, for example the Italian for most of the war years or the Soviets for the post purge 1939 year will have L. skill averages as low as the 30's. I personally dont agree with the averaging up of the C. Training database as i think game balance issues took precedence over historical issues (and maybe even player protests that their favorite country was being unfairly treated, for example the late war Turncoat scenerio that featured Bulgarian vs German. Before 6.0 i'd played it and the average Bulgarian exp level was in the 40's with a few 30's and a few 50's (couple of 60's) As of 6.0 - 7, the Bulgarians now sport typical high 60's through mid 70's level. As a result i pretty much turn country training off for campaigns now and set training levels based on what historical data from other wargaming or reference material The only way to get truely "green" material outside of custom scenerios now is to set the preference level manually

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 3
- 1/2/2002 8:48:00 PM   
K G von Martinez

Sorry, Larry, but as far as I know there was no fighting in the Sudetenland.
But apart from this I'm not sure if you can assume that a country which had more fighting prior to its involvement in WWII has a more experienced troop, too. Look at Italy with a lot of fighting in Abyssinia and Spain or at the Sovietunion with was even involved in four wars before Barbarossa started: Spain, Japan, Poland and Finland!

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 4
- 1/3/2002 12:15:00 AM   
Larry Holt

quote:

Originally posted by kgvm:
Sorry, Larry, but as far as I know there was no fighting in the Sudetenland.
[snip]

Yes, there was no combat firing bullets but it was a complex military operation that was planned and succesfully carried out. In this regard it gave the commanders and planning staffs operational experience.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 5
- 1/3/2002 3:20:00 AM   
Frank W.

quote:

Originally posted by Larry Holt:

Yes, there was no combat firing bullets but it was a complex military operation that was planned and succesfully carried out. In this regard it gave the commanders and planning staffs operational experience.

nations as germany,britain,finland perhaps should have a better exp. rating, ´cause of much better battle and tactics training they conducted. while US and SU had not that training very much..both learned good during the war,of course

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Green Recruits Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI