Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

500 Miles

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> 500 Miles Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
500 Miles - 1/2/2002 5:21:00 AM   
Wild Bill

That old song has been going through my mind today as I think of servicemen and women thousands of miles away from home during this holiday season. Today I am enjoying the comforts of my home because they are thousands of miles away from their homes protecting mine. Thank you. All of us salute you and wish for you a very happy new year! Come home safe. That is our prayer! Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Post #: 1
- 1/2/2002 5:34:00 AM   
Supervisor

Here ye here ye, even though I was fortunate enough to return home for the holidays after being deployed for 3 months those thoughts are still and always appreciated. I tried to return the favor by sending numerous care packages to my fellow servicemen and women still deployed defending our freedom.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 2
- 1/2/2002 4:29:00 PM   
AbsntMndedProf

Well said! The price our servicemen and women pay to defend our freedom does not always end when they return home. I was just thinking about a faculty member who taught in my father's department who contracted malaria while serving in the Pacific theater during WW II. He spent the rest of his life having to deal with the recurring bouts of malaria he suffered, and which ultimitely took his life. May God bless and keep all those who have served, and are serving in our nation's armed forces in the defense of our freedom, as well as all those near and dear to them. Eric Maietta

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 3
- 1/4/2002 12:55:00 PM   
rlc27

Amen! I can't even imagine what it would be like to be so far away from all of my loved ones for such a long time. But I am damned thankful and glad that someone is doing it. Absent Minded Professor: I was just wondering what and where you teach. I'm a grad student in anthropology.

"They couldn't hit an elephant from this dist--"

--John Sedgwick, failing to reduce suppression during the Battle of the Wilderness, U.S. Civil War.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 4
- 1/4/2002 9:53:00 PM   
AbsntMndedProf

KendokaBob, my nickname describes my personality, not my profession. (For years friends and family have told me that I remind them of Fred MacMurray's character in the Disney movie of the same name.) Eric Maietta

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 5
- 1/5/2002 1:23:00 AM   
rlc27

Absent Minded Professor: Oh, OK. Maybe I thought so because of the fact that you live in MA--I lived in Boston for a few years, and it seemed like there were more colleges and universities per square mile there than anywhere else on earth.

"They couldn't hit an elephant from this dist--"

--John Sedgwick, failing to reduce suppression during the Battle of the Wilderness, U.S. Civil War.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 6
- 1/5/2002 1:31:00 AM   
jambo1

Amen, to all that, as I've been on the other side of the pond for the season my heart certainly goes out to all the service men & women, from all countries who serve for peace & our security. May their Gods bless them all. Col Bob out.........

Ya only live til ya die!

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 7
- 1/5/2002 4:19:00 AM   
AbsntMndedProf

KendokaBob: N/p! Actually my father is a retired professor of speach pathology/special education who taught for over thirty years; first at what was then the Bloomsburg State Teacher's College in Bloomsburg, PA, then at Boston University here in Boston, MA. I hope your studies prove interesting and fulfilling for you! You've chosen a very interestning field of study. Eric Maietta

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 8
- 1/5/2002 10:40:00 PM   
Figmo

Yes - "Thank you" to all the service people standing the fence while we enjoy the freedom they protect!!

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> 500 Miles Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI